Oreo Public Update

Oreo public update for Nokia has begun. I am downloading it right now.

Oreo Public Update

guru guru
 /  edited December 2017
Oreo public update for Nokia has begun. I am downloading it right now.

Comments

• guru guru
     / 
    Nokia 8 - India
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited November 2017

Good luck with that.

Please provide feedback asap, I won't have wireless 1-2 hours more until I reach home :))

• 203 203
    ✭✭  / 

That's good progress. Right now there is no update available for me using a TA-1012 in the UK but it could be days or weeks yet.

Once Oreo is deployed, perhaps HMD/Nokia can then get to work on improving the software feature set of their phones.

• Tuan Duong Tuan Duong
     /  edited November 2017

FYI

• Tuan Duong Tuan Duong
     /  edited November 2017

So far it's not different to the beta version. The version number is change from 4.35D of beta version to 4.35J of this public version.

• Still no notification light like in Nougat....
  • Megado Megado
     / 

What country origin?

• user1509984702262 user1509984702262
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2017
    Finally received Oreo update thanks Nokia 4.35j right...Country India t1004
  • user1509181420700 user1509181420700
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2017
    Poland TA-1004 Oreo download
  • Megado Megado
     / 

TA-1004 Finland no Oreo yet.

• Unknown
     /  edited November 2017
    Echt jetzt? !!!!!! Nokia....
    Glance funktioniert immer noch nicht mit dritt Anbietern.. fast nicht zu gebrauchen.
    Kamera App ,auch nicht überarbeitet!!!! Immer noch schlecht !!! Was soll der Quatsch ?! Was sollen die Benachrichtigungspunkte warum kein Countertenor mehr ?? Ich hätte lieber die Wahl gehabt ! Also ich sehe keinen Fortschritt ,nur das wir jetzt Oreo haben ,aber glance,kamera immer noch nicht funktioniert....
    Mir reicht's auch !!! Nokia 8 verkaufe ich jetzt "wenn ich dafür noch was bekomme" hoffe ich ! Gehe wieder zu OnePlus oder greife tiefer in die Tasche und kaufe ein Pixel 2 !!
    Echt genervt von HMD !!! Wie soll ich den sehen ,wenn ich eine WhatsApp, Facebook ect. Nachricht bekomme ?? Ich kann das alles garnicht in Worte fassen !!!
  • Megado Megado
     / 

I don't know about after update, but FB messenger messages will works with Glance and Microsoft Outlook mail work with glance. If app itself won't support import to screensaver layer (or what should we call it) then their messages don't came on glance.

• user1507208628483 user1507208628483
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2017
    Suggestion for you, have you looked in the play store for glance screens? You'll find something called glance plus why don't you give it a try maybe it will do what you want, it's quite customisable.

Nokia have said they will improve the camera app, I suspect all their efforts have been put into getting a stable Oreo release out, so a reworked camera app is probably not ready. What would you rather, wait another month for a stable Oreo with a reworked camera app or release Oreo with what we have? They could easily push a new camera app via the play store if they wanted to, other manufacturers do.

The reason you have no counter on your messages is because Nokia are using launcher 3 which is included with aosp android which is what Nokia use and this does dots for notifications not numbers. This is how Google intend android to be and it won't be any different with a Pixel 2, you still get the dots I'm afraid, you'll just blow more money for more or less the same hardware and a slightly better camera. If you would like the numbers back you can install a their party launcher, you'll find plenty in the play store and some do exactly what you want.

The Google play store is your friend for customising your phone and getting it how you like it, look and try some different launchers and glance screens. Their is virtually nothing you can't customise to get your phone how you like it. If pure android really isn't for you, I seriously do not recommend you get a pixel 2, you won't be happy, go for something with all the bells and whistles like a Samsung or Huiwei phone, these run very heavily modified versions of android.
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    TA-1012, Turkey, just updated from Oreo Beta to 4.35J
    No significant changes as stated above.
  • Freeloader Freeloader
    ✭✭  / 

Also got Oreo update on my Nokia 8 TA-1012 in Slovakia.

• Im using a TA-1012, and Im in the UK. Anyone know how much longer me and any other UK Nokia 8 users might have wait for Oreo to arrive? Cheers.

• in Thailand ready too!
  • "@user1509182308951

Still no notification light like in Nougat...."

There is no notification light on the front of this crappy phone anyway.

Australia - still no Oreo update. I would like Nokia to buy back my phone.
  • Dancrns Dancrns
    ✭✭  / 
    paradoxa I'm in UK and had update yesterday.
  • Suresh Suresh
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2017

updated yesterday TA 1004, Singapore. but battery drain is there. i updated after beta testing. not sure why.. it was good while in nougat..anyone experiencing battery drain?

• simo simo
    ✭✭  / 
    No update yet in UK, ta1012. Never understood how these roll-outs work...
  • Everything fine here. Still some bugs still existing from the beta.
    Vulkan API test in 3dmark makes the phone reboot.
    Unknown if the Google apps services is dated incorrectly just like the beta. That issue can cause apps relying on a up to date services demanding a update even if it does not yet exist. During the beta I solved it by using Google apps services beta.
    WiFi failed once on beta. Toggle airplane mode or reboot fixed that. Hope that is fixed at least
  • Simo.
    Yeah, they seem to a bit random aren't they? I know some phones can have updates delayed depending on if their carrier locked, but beyond that it seems to be random. At first I theorised that maybe this rollout was sort east to west considering how others in the thread from places Poland and Slovakia are already on Oreo but places like the UK aren't. But considering how folks like Dancrns have said their in the UK and already on Oreo I'm starting to its model based instead. Or maybe a bit of both location and model number.

Dancrns, what model number are you using?
  • pardeep pardeep
    ✭✭  / 
    Anyone is facing faster battery drainage after Oreo update? It was giving me 24 hrs easily before update. Now, its reduced to 16 hrs on similar usage.
  • simo simo
    ✭✭  / 
    I am using Nokia 8 ta 1012. I bought it from Amazon so it should be the global versione. It's not carrier locked. Beats me if I can understand this. Or, maybe they have the gave the priority to people who signed up to the beta program??
  • Freeloader Freeloader
    ✭✭  / 

I wasnt signed to BETA program and I got it immediately yesterday, they did said it will roll out in waves in next few days so be patient. If you dont get it in two weeks than you can start panicking.

As far as battery goes, I also think it is slightly worse. Standbye seems the same but battery while using the phone seems worse, but i havent fully beat the battery down on Oreo yet so I will give it a few charging cycles and see how it goes.

• I got mine from Amazon as well and I know that their not carrier locked since I was slot in my old sim and it works perfectly. Here I did do a check of Juho Sarvakis' twitter account, Chief Product Officer for HMD_Global and he's stated yesterday (his tweets are here if you want to read em yourself) the rollout is phased over the next two days.

Only exception to that with the exception of some operators checking the SW (whatever that is,) so their updates will be delayed by up to a week. He tweeted those details yesterday, so good odds are we'll see our updates roll out sometime either today or tomorrow if we're lucky.

In the meantime, I would like to know if anyone from Nokia/HMD can explain the apparent randomness with the release of Oreo. A look behind the curtain as to how it works and if there is a structure to it of sorts would be cool and if there is some sort of priority or order to it all.

• Megado Megado
     / 

Here is also downloading...

• Where is "here" for you Megado? Also, what Model # are you using out of curiosity?

• Megado Megado
     / 

Oh sorry TA-1004 Finland