Turning OFF Nokia Boot Jingle

Just got this slippery Nokia 7.1 with 2 SIM capability.  Spent over an hour with tech support to no avail.  I suppose the phone is too new.

Turning OFF Nokia Boot Jingle

parfumeur parfumeur
✭✭  /  edited November 2018

Just got this slippery Nokia 7.1 with 2 SIM capability.  Spent over an hour with tech support to no avail.  I suppose the phone is too new.

Now I need to figure out how to PERMANENTLY disable that loud childish Nokia Jingle when booting up.

I often have to be in restricted areas where cell phones are not allowed, however, txt message units are not prohibited.

When going into the restricted area, I either have to check the phone in a bin/locker or turn it off in front of security. Once inside I want to turn on the phone with sound off, but only vibrate for txt receive. What is the solution??

I do not want some rigmarole work around that could leave me exposed, if I forget some 'gaming' sequence. It has to be a permanent fix...

NO BOOT JINGLE 'EVER' !!!

Any solution?  Did I miss something?  Or must I live in a Applesque world??  Thanks for the forthcoming help.  Manual pre turn off sequences are not acceptable, in case I forget.  Too many other real world issues when in these restricted areas.

Comments

• munnasharma munnasharma
    ✭✭✭  / 

You from which county bro.

• parfumeur parfumeur
    ✭✭  / 

It's a Nokia 7.1 TA-1085 DS 4/64  SKU: 11CTLL11A03, two SIM unit for international work, bought in the USA.  Thank you for any help/hint.

Monday, I may exchange it.

• wiseman13 wiseman13
    ✭✭  / 
    Under Android 7 there was an option to trun off boot sound, but that seems to be missing.
  • badcat badcat
     / 

Install the app "Silent Boot" from the Play Store. It gets rid of that annoying startup sound.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antweb.silentboot&hl=en

• parfumeur parfumeur
    ✭✭  / 
    There are many silent boot, which one.  I tried the first one, and it did not work.
  • OneJude OneJude
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problem with Nokia 7.1 US.  Silent Boot app does not work.  All-in-One Silent Boot does not work.  Quiet Restart Pro does not work.
  • OneJude OneJude
    ✭✭  / 
    Startup Manager does not work.
  • Silent Mode Widget will prevent the Nokia start up jingle if you set the phone to silent before turning off.
  • Please fix this! It just sucks!
  • Silent Mode Widget will prevent the Nokia start up jingle if you set the phone to silent before turning off.
    Not on my Nokia 3.1.
  • Peter N J Peter N J
    ✭✭  / 
    Yep, would also like to switch off boot sound, without adding another app.
  • Barneygoogle Barneygoogle
    ✭✭  / 
    Happy New Year. Can we have silence when we switch on our Nokia phones this year? Is anyone working on fixing this Nokia fault; whereby the startup jingle could be permanently disabled?
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Put the phone on silent mode before restart/shutdown, and the device will boot up silently. Just make sure you switch to normal mode after booting up unless you wanna stay silent or miss any important calls. Cheers! ✌️
  • Yojan Yojan
    ✭✭  / 
    d-mi said:
    Put the phone on silent mode before restart/shutdown, and the device will boot up silently. Just make sure you switch to normal mode after booting up unless you wanna stay silent or miss any important calls. Cheers! ✌️
    I try this and is true, if you put all kinds of volume off as d-mi said the device turn on or restart silently...
  • Yojan Yojan
    ✭✭  / 
    parfumeur said:

Now I need to figure out how to PERMANENTLY disable that loud childish Nokia Jingle when booting up.

I often have to be in restricted areas where cell phones are not allowed, however, txt message units are not prohibited.

When going into the restricted area, I either have to check the phone in a bin/locker or turn it off in front of security. Once inside I want to turn on the phone with sound off, but only vibrate for txt receive. What is the solution??

I do not want some rigmarole work around that could leave me exposed, if I forget some 'gaming' sequence. It has to be a permanent fix...

NO BOOT JINGLE 'EVER' !!!

Any solution?  Did I miss something?  Or must I live in a Applesque world??  Thanks for the forthcoming help.  Manual pre turn off sequences are not acceptable, in case I forget.  Too many other real world issues when in these restricted areas.

I try this and is true, if you put all kinds of volume off as d-mi said the device turn on or restart silently...
  • SixPointOnePlus SixPointOnePlus
    ✭✭  /  edited January 9
    Silent Mode Widget will prevent the Nokia start up jingle if you set the phone to silent before turning off.
    Not on my Nokia 3.1.
    Yeah OK, but this isn't a 3.1 forum.  This widget definitely works on the 6.1 Plus which is effectively a 7.1 except for NFC, Cat6 LTE and IP rating... none of which are relevant here.
  • TomPL TomPL
    ✭✭  / 
    "... if you set the phone to silent before turning off." - it's very ridiculous and unacceptable-solution. NOKIA, how could you???
  • Matt Nona Matt Nona
    ✭✭  / 
    TomPL said:
    "... if you set the phone to silent before turning off." - it's very ridiculous and unacceptable-solution. NOKIA, how could you???
    No it's not, a ridiculous and unacceptable solution would be to suggest the OP to change his job and stop hanging around restricted areas :)
    He turns it back on and puts it on silent anyway so I don't think it's a big deal to do the same before turning it off, that way he won't have to do it after the phone boots up.
  • Saf453 Saf453
    ✭✭  / 
    Not sure why people who can't sympathise with the issue even bother commenting. Whether you you think it silly or not in the real world people do turn their phones off. In the real world people want a proper solution that does require fiddling in settings every time.
  • Saf453 Saf453
    ✭✭  / 
    Did not require I meant. Lol
  • TomPL TomPL
    ✭✭  / 
    "it makes more sense to put your phone on silent before you turn it off" - it does not makes sense for me. In my opinion it's unacceptable to turn it off and then on every time :(
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 1
    Hello

You can quickly silence the phone by pressing power button and volume up button together at same time.

It's called shortcut to prevent ringing, enable this setting by going to Settings -> sounds 

Regards

Jason 

• Matt Nona Matt Nona
    ✭✭  / 
    TomPL said:
    "it makes more sense to put your phone on silent before you turn it off" - it does not makes sense for me. In my opinion it's unacceptable to turn it off and then on every time :(
    What doesn't make sense, the OP has to turn off his phone, isn't that what he said? 
    What is your problem, why would you have to turn your phone off to mute it?
    I think you have a different problem than start-up sound and that solution isn't good for you. 
  • TomPL TomPL
    ✭✭  / 
    NO, @ parfumeur and me are angry, very angry!, because of that loud childish Nokia Jingle when booting up.
    And as  parfumeur said: "Manual pre turn off sequences are not acceptable, in case I forget.". It is not acceptable to turn sound off and then to remember to turn it on every time after booting up!
    Is it really so hard to understand?
  • Matt Nona Matt Nona
    ✭✭  / 
    Get some Valium if you're angry. 
    What you don't understand is that the OP said he has to turn the phone on and put it on silent which means he puts it on silent every single time he turns it back on, I don't see how that could be a problem and if you're that lazy and forgetful get one of the android automation apps and you can have your phone go on silent every time you enter the building and have sounds back on the second you leave the place. I recommend this one 
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arlosoft.macrodroid

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    TomPL said:
    NO, @ parfumeur and me are angry, very angry!, because of that loud childish Nokia Jingle when booting up.
    And as  parfumeur said: "Manual pre turn off sequences are not acceptable, in case I forget.". It is not acceptable to turn sound off and then to remember to turn it on every time after booting up!
    Is it really so hard to understand?

You can quickly silence the phone by pressing power button and volume up button together at same time.

It's called shortcut to prevent ringing, enable this setting by going to Settings -> sounds 

Regards

Jason 

• TomPL TomPL
    ✭✭  / 

I think, you don't boot up your Nokia every morning so you don't know what's about. Never mind...

Nokia, cancel this booting jingle, please!!!

• Barneygoogle Barneygoogle
    ✭✭  / 
    Has anyone worked out how to disable the startup jingle?
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Has anyone worked out how to disable the startup jingle?
    Hello 
    At this point it cannot be turned off with settings.
    Use the key short cut to silence the phone when needed.  Power + volume up button.

Regards

Jason