Turning OFF Nokia Boot Jingle

Just got this slippery Nokia 7.1 with 2 SIM capability.  Spent over an hour with tech support to no avail.  I suppose the phone is too new.

Turning OFF Nokia Boot Jingle

parfumeur parfumeur
✭✭  /  edited November 2018

Just got this slippery Nokia 7.1 with 2 SIM capability.  Spent over an hour with tech support to no avail.  I suppose the phone is too new.

Now I need to figure out how to PERMANENTLY disable that loud childish Nokia Jingle when booting up.

I often have to be in restricted areas where cell phones are not allowed, however, txt message units are not prohibited.

When going into the restricted area, I either have to check the phone in a bin/locker or turn it off in front of security. Once inside I want to turn on the phone with sound off, but only vibrate for txt receive. What is the solution??

I do not want some rigmarole work around that could leave me exposed, if I forget some 'gaming' sequence. It has to be a permanent fix...

NO BOOT JINGLE 'EVER' !!!

Any solution?  Did I miss something?  Or must I live in a Applesque world??  Thanks for the forthcoming help.  Manual pre turn off sequences are not acceptable, in case I forget.  Too many other real world issues when in these restricted areas.

Comments

• munnasharma munnasharma
    ✭✭✭  / 

You from which county bro.

• parfumeur parfumeur
    ✭✭  / 

It's a Nokia 7.1 TA-1085 DS 4/64  SKU: 11CTLL11A03, two SIM unit for international work, bought in the USA.  Thank you for any help/hint.

Monday, I may exchange it.

• wiseman13 wiseman13
    ✭✭  / 
    Under Android 7 there was an option to trun off boot sound, but that seems to be missing.
  • badcat badcat
     / 

Install the app "Silent Boot" from the Play Store. It gets rid of that annoying startup sound.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antweb.silentboot&hl=en

• parfumeur parfumeur
    ✭✭  / 
    There are many silent boot, which one.  I tried the first one, and it did not work.
  • OneJude OneJude
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problem with Nokia 7.1 US.  Silent Boot app does not work.  All-in-One Silent Boot does not work.  Quiet Restart Pro does not work.
  • OneJude OneJude
    ✭✭  / 
    Startup Manager does not work.
  • Silent Mode Widget will prevent the Nokia start up jingle if you set the phone to silent before turning off.
  • Please fix this! It just sucks!
  • Silent Mode Widget will prevent the Nokia start up jingle if you set the phone to silent before turning off.
    Not on my Nokia 3.1.
  • Peter N J Peter N J
    ✭✭  / 
    Yep, would also like to switch off boot sound, without adding another app.
  • Happy New Year. Can we have silence when we switch on our Nokia phones this year? Is anyone working on fixing this Nokia fault; whereby the startup jingle could be permanently disabled?
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Put the phone on silent mode before restart/shutdown, and the device will boot up silently. Just make sure you switch to normal mode after booting up unless you wanna stay silent or miss any important calls. Cheers! ✌️
  • Yojan Yojan
    ✭✭  / 
    d-mi said:
    Put the phone on silent mode before restart/shutdown, and the device will boot up silently. Just make sure you switch to normal mode after booting up unless you wanna stay silent or miss any important calls. Cheers! ✌️
    I try this and is true, if you put all kinds of volume off as d-mi said the device turn on or restart silently...
  • Yojan Yojan
    ✭✭  / 
    parfumeur said:

Now I need to figure out how to PERMANENTLY disable that loud childish Nokia Jingle when booting up.

I often have to be in restricted areas where cell phones are not allowed, however, txt message units are not prohibited.

When going into the restricted area, I either have to check the phone in a bin/locker or turn it off in front of security. Once inside I want to turn on the phone with sound off, but only vibrate for txt receive. What is the solution??

I do not want some rigmarole work around that could leave me exposed, if I forget some 'gaming' sequence. It has to be a permanent fix...

NO BOOT JINGLE 'EVER' !!!

Any solution?  Did I miss something?  Or must I live in a Applesque world??  Thanks for the forthcoming help.  Manual pre turn off sequences are not acceptable, in case I forget.  Too many other real world issues when in these restricted areas.

I try this and is true, if you put all kinds of volume off as d-mi said the device turn on or restart silently...
  • SixPointOnePlus SixPointOnePlus
    ✭✭  /  edited January 9
    Silent Mode Widget will prevent the Nokia start up jingle if you set the phone to silent before turning off.
    Not on my Nokia 3.1.
    Yeah OK, but this isn't a 3.1 forum.  This widget definitely works on the 6.1 Plus which is effectively a 7.1 except for NFC, Cat6 LTE and IP rating... none of which are relevant here.
  • TomPL TomPL
    ✭✭  / 
    "... if you set the phone to silent before turning off." - it's very ridiculous and unacceptable-solution. NOKIA, how could you???
  • Matt Nona Matt Nona
    ✭✭  / 
    TomPL said:
    "... if you set the phone to silent before turning off." - it's very ridiculous and unacceptable-solution. NOKIA, how could you???
    No it's not, a ridiculous and unacceptable solution would be to suggest the OP to change his job and stop hanging around restricted areas :)
    He turns it back on and puts it on silent anyway so I don't think it's a big deal to do the same before turning it off, that way he won't have to do it after the phone boots up.