Double tap screen off

Please NOKIA، make it possible to double tap screen off or make a tailored app that do so and doesn't affect fingerprint sensor. Please, it's easy for you.

Double tap screen off

Ibrahim Negm Ibrahim Negm
 /  edited November 2
Please NOKIA، make it possible to double tap screen off or make a tailored app that do so and doesn't affect fingerprint sensor. Please, it's easy for you.

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

Use Nova launcher.

• Ibrahim Negm Ibrahim Negm
     /  edited November 2
    It's not free app, and Nokia has to commitment to its customers to make them comfortable
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

The best things in life aren't always free my friend.

• I would also love this feature built-in! If HMD Global is set to forget about the 8 (except for the Android security updates) at least add this feature and I might be a little more content with the experience.

For the moment I have tried the "Quick Settings" app which offers a quick setting to lock, but it and other apps do not work with the fingerprint sensor to unlock. Bitter taste...

PS: I don't want to hear about alternative launchers and all that. I'd like to have the feature built in.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

You see people keep saying things like HMD have forgotten about the Nokia 8 but if that is the case would you care to explain why my mothers Nokia 7 Plus is still running Android 8.1 and the August security patch?

• @MrBelter I did mention the security patches and the yet-to-be-received Android 9 upgrade, but let's face it, their focus is on trying the market with a lot of other models. I'm not discussing their business model, just expressed my sadness about how they cared about their first flagship (from what I experienced first hand and from what I read on this forum and other sources).

Anyway, the double tap to lock feature is the very least they could do before moving on to their future plans.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2

Double tap to to knock the screen off isn't available because most of the time you just end up opening an app, double tap on the finger print sensor would make more sense.

• @MrBelter initially i was thinking about double tapping on the upper status bar. I think OP was thinking more like the LG knock feature, tapping on an empty area of the home screen. But I also like your idea for tapping on the fingerprint sensor. If only they'd implement such a feature..
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

Well we can live in hope but after a year of trying to get some straight answers to really simple questions from HMD and failing i cant see them doing much about anything people want to be honest.

• It's disappointing, however, I have to speak out my right and hope there's someone listening.
  • yakubu tukur yakubu tukur
     / 
    The writer is very correct  we need this feature natively to complement store apps. Virtually all Nokia phones used to have it