GPS bug

Whenever I turn on the wifi the GPS turns on automatically and extra data charges are applied on my BSNL SIM which is 3g.

GPS bug

Whenever I turn on the wifi the GPS turns on automatically and extra data charges are applied on my BSNL SIM which is 3g. Anybody who knows the solution please help.

Comments

• Islate Islate
    ✭✭  / 

Hi, try this go to settings - mobile network -apn settings - A gps settings and add a empty provider or remove as possible. 

its worth a shot i dont know if this will work. The only thing i know is that the A gps send data about  your location thru 3g.

• abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 

KaiOS Technologies acknowledged there is a bug in Nokia 8110 4G's Maps related to navigation and are in the midst of resolving it. I found this out when I told them dynamic location of one's present location like while driving in a car is not possible which implies from their feedback it ought to be possible.

• Whenever your connects WiFi, an android or iOS or Windows mobile will disconnect the Mobile data network automatically and shows the charges upto the disconnection time, so you can check the same and the GPS turns on in your mobile automatically means, follow the suggestion of ISLATE and also add BSNL new APN in the list of your existing mobile APN if required, for that here is the details
  • abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I note there has been a Google Maps update because the version is now 2019.109.0. Today, I had the opportunity to ride the LRT so tested the dynamics of the current location and I saw it move along the LRT line. I guess it means they resolved the GPS bug. However, I only managed to view the current location move a few km along the LRT line then Google Maps shut down and I was back to the main screen. Why? I haven't a clue but just now asked KaiOS Technologies this question.
  • There’s still that bug which turns on geolocation itself automatically on Nokia4g 8110. It turns on even though you turn it off manually so many times. I am using it right now, and am looking for a solution