unable to answer calls by swiping?

Cant a call be answered by simply pressing the red call button instead of swiping. I can never answer a call I always have to call back.

unable to answer calls by swiping?

Wayne Wayne
 /  edited January 2018

Cant a call be answered by simply pressing the red call button instead of swiping.

I can never answer a call I always have to call back.

Comments

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

You should be able to answer a call by swiping up - not sideways as it says in some older versions of the user manual - and reject the call by swiping down?

--
    Hans

• Same problem here, screen seems to be locked, and cannot answer incoming call by swipe upwards, have always to call back. Please help
  • Barneygoogle Barneygoogle
    ✭✭  / 
    Me too. My Nokia 3.1 rings (sometimes - I'm with Virgin Mobile!) when I have an incoming call. Occasionally there is an "accept call" option, this usually works. But if that option is not there, I swipe up to answer. This opens a page full of apps, but the phone continues to ring. Eventually, the caller gives up and I phone them back - this works for me.
  • Omul Omul
    ✭✭  / 
    Barneygoogle: You have perfectly and exactly described MY problem with a new 3.1 A ([email protected]) cellphone. I may add that sometimes when irritated I swipe too high and the phone button disappears over the upper edge into nonexistence. As I understand there is a magic of the necessary right (slight) pressure onto the phone button when swiping up which as yet is beyond my skills to master.