Nokia 8 microphone noise - Page 2

<blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Hugh%20Matthews">Hugh Matthews</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText">Hi.

Nokia 8 microphone noise

Comments

• <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Hugh%20Matthews">Hugh Matthews</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Hi. I have reset the camera (in both photo and video settings) and still get clicking sounds at the beginning of videos, as well as slight clicking further into videos when there is quiet - 40-50 decibels.  I don't think the noise is static.
    After the Pie upgrade followed by a factory reset,  I no longer have any sound issues during calls.</div>
    </blockquote>
    I get the clicking as well in the beginning also found that even my old videos get the click. But this fixed the voice call. Maybe I will send back my phone later on, if the click still persist after few updates. For now I don't really mind.
  • The microphone noise on mine stopped but has now returned in the last week which coincided with an update to the phone.  Anyone have any news on this or have Nokia suggested what is causing this problem?  Such a pain as it's a great phone rendered useless by this problem!
  • I have the same microphone noise problems too. Only when I was making a call in a person. I don't know when and why it happened.
    Sure for the last week.
    I did what user1532882104499 recommended us and the problem fixed. Thanks user1532882104499
  • Nothing helps. The problem is back.
  • potemkin_redux potemkin_redux
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nothing helps. The problem is back.
    It's a hardware issue.
  • Noodle Noodle
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 8, same problems. Previously clearing the cache solved it, but this time not.

This time, a much more basic issue: dirty microphones! The two tiny little holes, one on back above camera and one on bottom absorb crap.

I used a piece of thin wire to CAREFULLY scratch out some stuff from inside. Now fine.

• Ville Valkonen Ville Valkonen
     /  edited August 2020

Just fixed the noise issue on call for my sister's nokia 8. Description of the issue was similar than some people have posted here.

On call recepiant can't hear or hears loud background noise but if use speaker noise goes away.

Solution was to open maintenance mode on phone and test all microphones. In this case mic 2 (back side, near camera) was making terrible noise during test and needed to be cleaned. After cleaning the mic 2 phone works just fine!

• Lxexoxn Lxexoxn
    ✭✭  / 

Just had the noisy mic and noisy video.

I disabled the phone camera and that fixed the problem.

First made a messenger call and they said clear as a bell.

Then I made normal phone call and they said very hissy and noisy.

That's when I disabled the phone camera and downloaded a different camera.

Now back to normal.