After Android Pie update fingerprint issue

Hi, after android pie update, the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. I've tried doing soft reset then removing fingerprints and reading them.

After Android Pie update fingerprint issue

lb203 lb203
✭✭  /  edited November 2018

Hi, after android pie update, the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. I've tried doing soft reset then removing fingerprints and reading them. What happens is that it recognized the fingerprint for some minutes then after a couple hours it doesn't recognize it anymore. Don't remember having this many problems so I think the Pie update could have caused it. Do you have a similar issue after the update?

Or do you know a fix for the problem?

Comments

• same issue here !!
  • Islehopper Islehopper
    ✭✭  / 
    I do not have this issue with 9.0 with October update on TA-1068. Fingerprint works same as before. If finger print moiat or oily it wouldn't work sometimes in 8.1. Using a cloth to wipe the scanner worked for me Everytime. Haven't used 9.0 long enough to run into this problem yet but my guess is it is hardware, not OS related. Cheers
  • Emiel Emiel
    ✭✭  / 

I have more or less the same problem on my TA-1043: It complains about partial recognition, and does that all the time, also when adding new fingerprints, so the scanning new fingerprint progress stays at 0%. So using the fingerprint scanner is no longer an option.

• I have the same problem.  Partial recognition over and over, and it usually takes 3 or more tries to recognize.

• keco_mentario keco_mentario
    ✭✭  / 
    After updating to Pie, my TA-1025 was fine until recently. I turned it off and when I turned it on, all of my fingerprints were erased. I tried saving mine again but the progress stays at 5%. A little help, please?
  • user1529996929348 user1529996929348
    ✭✭  / 
    I am also facing same issue
  • JAKEER HUSSAIN JAKEER HUSSAIN
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes Same Issue
  • user1514769819164 user1514769819164
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm having the same issue. After updating to Pie, my TA-1021 was fine until recently. I turned it off and when I turned it on, all of my fingerprints were erased. I tried saving mine again but the progress stays at 5%. A little help, please?
  • ncstr ncstr
    ✭✭  / 
    Solved it for now, will see how it works.

1. Turn off your phone
    2 . Once it is off, hold Volume down and Power buttons simultaneously, so it will boot up in Safe mode (there will be a message in lower left corner on the PIN code screen)
    3. When in Safe mode, set up your fingerprints as usual
    4. Once everything is set up, hold Power button and select restart.

Should be fine after restart.