Nokia 8 randomly rebooting

Hi. I purchased my Nokia 8 at the end of last year (December 2017), it has been working perfectly until a few weeks ago.

Nokia 8 randomly rebooting

Hugo Giles Hugo Giles
 /  edited November 2018
Hi.
I purchased my Nokia 8 at the end of last year (December 2017), it has been working perfectly until a few weeks ago. I recently had to replace my modem and router and hence changed the network details. For some reason ever since the change my phone will randomly freeze for a few seconds before restarting. It does this often at home when I'm using it or even when it's just charging. I have tried factory resetting but to no avail. It's an extremely weird issue as it has only occured when connected to this network. Any reason as to why this might happen, or is purely a coincidence. The only different in WiFi networks (old and new home setups) is that there is now a space in the wifi network name as well as two question marks at the end of it. Other than that it's a perfectly fine network with all my other devices working perfectly. I'd appreciate the help or whether anyone else has experienced different issues.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Having the same issues
  • Does it work normally while on other wifi networks?
  • Hi,

Same thing for me since tuesday and without any incident before. My phone is up to date since the November Security update. I bougth my phone on March 2018... It froze and did random crashed...

I contacted my support and they asked me to do a Hard Reset... But it did not changes anything. It seems that the sound is a bit different since it crashed... More loud. And I have sometimes some parasites (green/purple or black) on screen too. But it's not related to my screen because if a take screenshots, they are visibles too and it's random too...

Very weird and very anoying...
  • After a new crash this afternoon, my phone is completly frozen on the "Nokia" bootscreen. I can't restart it. I tried by pressing all buttons without any effect... I'll wait for the low battery... 38% when it crashed.

After that, I'll go to my Store to change it... I can't work without my phone... Thanks Nokia!

This is my first, and my last, Nokia. I'll go back to OnePlus I think. Maybe a little bit more expansive, but better on all other things. And I'm waiting for Android 9...
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    After hard reset. .. Did u restore phone from previous back up or start afresh?!

U can also... Check if the problem persists in safe mode.
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭✭  / 
    After a new crash this afternoon, my phone is completly frozen on the "Nokia" bootscreen. I can't restart it. I tried by pressing all buttons without any effect... I'll wait for the low battery... 38% when it crashed.

After that, I'll go to my Store to change it... I can't work without my phone... Thanks Nokia!

This is my first, and my last, Nokia. I'll go back to OnePlus I think. Maybe a little bit more expansive, but better on all other things. And I'm waiting for Android 9...
    WOW, unfortunate for you, hope you get it sorted. In my case the cam is so bad, just need this cam update and Android 9. Think i will go Sony XZ3 if this does not happen
  • wyk said:
    After hard reset. .. Did u restore phone from previous back up or start afresh?!

U can also... Check if the problem persists in safe mode.
    Hi,

I restore a previous backup one time and it crashed again. Then, same thing from a start afresh.

The issue continues in safe mode too.

Now, I'm waiting for the after sales services... with my fingers crossed.
  • Hi,
    I have the same problem and it started recently as well. It is very random and does not seem to be any application specific problem. I bought the phone in March and before this it has worked perfectly.
    I've disabled many of the Google programs that comes with the phone right at the start since I don't use them like Google Play Music, Google Play Games, Google Play Movies and so on. Only those Google programs that I need are enabled.
    Then I remembered that I needed to play music with my phone recently and enabled the Google Play Music in my phone and it might be just coincidence but the rebooting started after I enabled Play Music.
    Today phone has restarted couple of times and once even when I was not using it.
    I disabled again Play Music and I'm hoping that it was the cause of the problem.
    There is, I guess, certain dependencies between Google programs and disabling them could cause problems. In this case it could be that Play Music need one of the other Google programs that I've disabled and when I re-enabled it did not work correctly.
  • fredrick leanas fredrick leanas
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    i have the same problem, gave the device at the service center on 06.oct.2018. Till date they have not resolved the issue
  • Nokia is not having a solution for this. They have simply held up my device for the past 68 days without knowing what to do
  • this is how nokia  support treats their flagship users