Nokia 6.1 Plus WIFI does not connect after Android 9 Pie Update - Page 3

I am facing similar problem.. Just purchased 6.1plus a week ago... WiFi doesn't work properly..

Nokia 6.1 Plus WIFI does not connect after Android 9 Pie Update

Comments

• I am facing similar problem.. Just purchased 6.1plus a week ago... WiFi doesn't work properly.. it shows connected but I am not able to upload anything including whatsapp messages...nokia  must issue a patch
  • I'm also facing same problem battery draining too fast. 
  • Hello
    Post the pie update, I have been experiencing serious Wifi connectivity problems with my 6.1 plus device. Many Wifi networks are not visible on my phone at all. The Hotspot too is very troublesome - Most of the times laptops cannot connect to the hotspot, in a rare case when it does, there is no internet access though the phone is perfectly connected to the internet and I can even stream videos on my phone. Any assistance here would be much appreciated.
  • henchman said:
    Exactly same problem. Battery draining too fast. Pls pls pls.. I don't want to lose faith in Nokia ..
    Buddy...!! Nokia is Nokia...... They give what they say. Just charge only when it's close to 5% or less than that & charge till 100% & while charging keep wiFi & data off & brightness less than 50% then see if the results.
    Appreciate your suggestion my friend. And I always follow similar charging pattern/wifi/brightness.      "Nokia = battery dies hard" was especially true with oreo, that it came installed with. But now.. after pie.. battery is a pain. I called up nokia support. They don't know a way to revert back to Oreo and worse , they don't know of any upcoming fix/update for this problem. Now tell me...why wont I lose faith in Nokia.
  • i too face this problem please verify and provide a solution
  • I'm also facing same problem battery draining too fast.
  • same for me...searching for solution
  • akshay p akshay p
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    facing same issue..every time i had to restart my phone fo connecting to wifi.
    dont know Why Nokia support is not serious about this?
  • Yes I'm facing Dave issue. It works for a while once i restart the phone. But if this is not solved in November security patch, I'll have to sell this phone
  • Call waiting not working
  • akshay p said:
    Why don't you implement the solutions posted here? There are two different solutions posted here. The new ROM in itself does not have any noticeable bugs. Read the above posts.
  • wietse-0803 wietse-0803
     /  edited November 2018
    akshay p said:
    Why don't you implement the solutions posted here? There are two different solutions posted here. The new ROM in itself does not have any noticeable bugs. Read the above posts.
    Shut up with denying the issue. There are dozens of topics here related to the WiFi problems after upgrading to Android 9 Pie. I already notified Nokia about the problem during beta phase, but they didn't do anything with it.

My Nokia 6.1 Plus has model name TA-1103, it's possible that you own another TA-XXXX so a one to one comparison is not possible. Thus, I can conclude that your claim is false.
  • tauqeerkhan tauqeerkhan
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm also facing same issue. I hope Nokia developers fix it ASAP
    I experienced that it doesn't detect 2.4ghz WiFi but it connects to 5ghz easily
  • facing same issue here...takes long time to connect to wifi.I use 5GHz  band to connect. Phone connects but doesn't give  desired speed. It gives speed as 2.4GHz  band. I have done factory reset several times.  Restarted in safe mode.  But No  solution.

Please Nokia fix this.  This is really  annoying.
    Same issue.
    Restarting only work for half or an hour mostly.
  • reset network settings only, problem solved
    It only works for couple hours or less.
  • facing same issue here...takes long time to connect to wifi.I use 5GHz  band to connect. Phone connects but doesn't give  desired speed. It gives speed as 2.4GHz  band. I have done factory reset several times.  Restarted in safe mode.  But No  solution.

Please Nokia fix this.  This is really  annoying

::::::::

After resetting, were you careful enough to set the device as new, and not select the option of restoring from previous backup. If you did that, there is not point of factory reset, as you are bringing all the incompatible data files back, and this is why you are getting those bugs. I had same experience with my friend, who did exactly the same. Once I reset his device, and set it up as new, all the problems were gone. Check it up once again manshyam sunder said:
    Guys, all you need to do is the following to get rid of all the problems you are facing. Backup all your important data from the phone on a SD card or Google drive whichever is convenient to you. Factory reset your phone from the settings menu. After rebooting, be careful in setting up your phone for the first time. You will see options to restore your previous backup or set up it as a new device. Kindly select the second one, and you are done. As this is a version upgrade of Android, some of the data files from the Oreo OS are incompatible, thereby giving problems now. After reset those files get erased, and  all the issues get resolved. Just be careful to install apps from playstore as you do on a fresh phone, and do not restore from old cloud backups. The pie ROM is absolutely stable, and I have not found any of those bugs posted online on this forum. Further, my friend had those problems listed here, and I was able to clear them all by this method. Hope you guys would also get it right.
    I will try this. Thanks.
  • Try this- 
    settings > system > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & bluetooth
  • akshay p said:
    Shut up with denying the issue. There are dozens of topics here related to the WiFi problems after upgrading to Android 9 Pie. I already notified Nokia about the problem during beta phase, but they didn't do anything with it.

My Nokia 6.1 Plus has model name TA-1103, it's possible that you own another TA-XXXX so a one to one comparison is not possible. Thus, I can conclude that your claim is false.
    Listen, I am not denying anything. I just posted a solution based on my experience, as we were able to solve these problems on our handsets. People can miss some minute things while following entire procedure. I wanted to make sure that they did it correctly, as I have seen it happen. In our case, my friend, after resetting the phone, *restored settings from cloud backup*, instead of *setting it up as a new device*. That was the mistake he was making.

This method works on the model officially sold in India  through flipkart, which is TA-1083. 

You are free to conclude whatever you want. I don't gain anything by posting here anything. If it helps someone, it feels great. If not, his bad luck.

• I reset my phone to factory default. It didn't helped me though.
  • Nokia any suggestions or support please.....
  • same here, please post here, if any one find any solution for it...

After resetting, were you careful enough to set the device as new, and not select the option of restoring from previous backup. If you did that, there is not point of factory reset, as you are bringing all the incompatible data files back, and this is why you are getting those bugs. I had same experience with my friend, who did exactly the same. Once I reset his device, and set it up as new, all the problems were gone. Check it up once again man.
    I did as you said Wi-Fi worked perfectly for whole day before the problem started to persist again. And also my proximity sensor  not working randomly since pie update.

After resetting, were you careful enough to set the device as new, and not select the option of restoring from previous backup. If you did that, there is not point of factory reset, as you are bringing all the incompatible data files back, and this is why you are getting those bugs. I had same experience with my friend, who did exactly the same. Once I reset his device, and set it up as new, all the problems were gone. Check it up once again man.
    I did as you said Wi-Fi worked perfectly for whole day before the problem started to persist again. And also my proximity sensor  not working randomly since pie update.

Then, we need to wait for the next update. Seems like all devices  are not behaving similarly. Mine doesn't have this issue. One of my friend's seems to have same issue of WiFi as yours. 
  • Hello,

FIX!

I was having the same issues as everyone in this thread until I followed the steps below. 

Step 1) Go to settings >> network and internet >> Hotspot and Tethering >> set up Wi-Fi hotspot >> Select AP Band >> 2.4 GHz band. >>> done.

Step 2) Now try using again.

Step 3) Please try to force restart device by pressing volume up key and power key button for 20 sec then device will vibrate and device automatically restart
  • After the pie update in my Nokia 6.1 plus battery is draining too fast.. Like even in stand by mode it's battery draining is like I'm playing video or something. Please fix this issue
    Facing the same issue on my recently brought nokia 6.1 plus. Updated to Pie soon after I recieved my phone. Should I go for a replacement.? Or the issue is related  to latest softare
  • Ripudaman said:
    I had same issues in Android pie beta but finally in latest stable version I'm not facing any type of these issues. I think you should factory reset your device once.
    Already done twice but no results...,.. contacted Nokia support done network reset tought.....

• donioli donioli
     /  edited November 2018
    After the pie update in my Nokia 6.1 plus battery is draining too fast.. Like even in stand by mode it's battery draining is like I'm playing video or something. Please fix this issue
    Facing the same issue on my recently brought nokia 6.1 plus. Updated to Pie soon after I recieved my phone. Should I go for a replacement.? Or the issue is related  to latest softare
    and
    Ripudaman said:
    I had same issues in Android pie beta but finally in latest stable version I'm not facing any type of these issues. I think you should factory reset your device once.
    Already done twice but no results...,.. contacted Nokia support done network reset tought.....

Check my reply:

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/comment/49901/#Comment_49901
  • snehal268 said:

Hi,

I am facing a problem with WiFi connectivity after Android 9 Update, I need to restart my phone every time to connect WIFI.

please fix this problem. 

Thanks,

Snehal

Resetting my phone to factory defaults, solved this issue for me.

• joset joset
     / 
    I am also facing the same issue, since the OS update. When I am at home, phone does not connect to my home WiFi. Restarting helps and WiFi will be connected. If I move to any of my rooms, again it gets disconnected. Coming back near WiFi doesn't help. Only option is restarting again.

Then, we need to wait for the next update. Seems like all device behaving similarly. Mine doesn't have this issue. One of my friend's seems to have the same issue as yours.