Weird Notification Sound Issue

Sometimes out of nowhere notification sound comes but there is no notification and also one more issue found regarding clock app.

Weird Notification Sound Issue

seshadri seshadri
✭✭  /  edited November 2018
Sometimes out of nowhere notification sound comes but there is no notification and also one more issue found regarding clock app. You know how clock app gives a notification 2hrs before the destined alarm time. Suppose if you set the alarm at 8:30 then at 6:30 clock gives notification and it can be seen in the notification bar. Usually there won't be any sound for this but in the new update notification sound is heard whenever 2hrs to go notification pops up and it's irritating and disturbing. Is anyone else facing the issue?

Comments

• I am having this issue too. There are also sudden notification sounds all the time.

• Same here. I sent mail to Nokia support, they answered quickly but nothing helped. 

Solution is to turn off Alarm reminder. (Settings - Apps and notifications - Notifications - Clock - Uncheck "Upcoming alarms"). 

• Tabby Tabby
     /  edited December 2018
    Same here.
    I'm using Nokia 8.1,
    I turned off the "upcoming alarms" let's see if it helps. 
    Though there is sth strange here, I checked the notification setting, and found that the original setting was "show silently", but obviously it did not go silent. 
    There's more, I checked another notification settings, like "snoozed alarms", it was also "show silently", but when I hit the bevavior, it turned to "make sound". The screenshot is attached, take a look. 

• @Tabby @seshadri Hey guys! Were you guys able to solve this issue? Turning off upcoming alarm didn't solve my issue.

Notification rings randomly 3-4 times in a day and it is getting really annoying
  • seshadri seshadri
    ✭✭  / 
    WaqarPK said:
    @Tabby @seshadri Hey guys! Were you guys able to solve this issue? Turning off upcoming alarm didn't solve my issue.

Notification rings randomly 3-4 times in a day and it is getting really annoying
    Hey it worked for me. Didn't find any issue after I have changed the clock settings
  • WaqarPK said:
    @Tabby @seshadri Hey guys! Were you guys able to solve this issue? Turning off upcoming alarm didn't solve my issue.

It worked for me, too.
    But the notifications from nowhere still exist, I don't know how to solve this bug. 😥
  • Hi, guys, I assume that those notifications are all from the apps I installed, like fb messenger, CNN news, etc.

Because when I receive messages from my friends, the phone didn't vibrate immediately.
    So I think maybe the vibration and the sound were being postponed for no reason. 

That's just my guess.