Android Pie Update

I spend money on this so called flagship nokia phone that, they promise me fast android updates... All the other flagships got pie... Still nokia is sleeping...

Android Pie Update

Mohith Krishnan Mohith Krishnan
 /  edited November 2018
I spend money on this so called flagship nokia phone that, they promise me fast android updates...
All the other flagships got pie... Still nokia is sleeping...
Guess u guyz are aware abt the consequences of sleeping much better than any other companies... Yeah!!!!

Comments

• Arx Fight Arx Fight
    ✭✭  / 
    I also do not understand why the update of Android has not yet arrived at Nokia 8 Sirocco :(
  • Unknown
     /  edited November 2018
    What a letdown from Nokia. The midrange phones already got Pie. Won't be buying the most expensive Nokia ever again.
  • Still 8.1 here in the UK, but on a good note, November Security
  • Yucca Yucca
    ✭✭  / 
    When will the Sirocco get Android Pie? Why doesn't Nokia or HDM post an answer here?
  • We are in the last fortnight of November. Even an announcement re testing or testing failure would be nice. 
  • Actually me and people are stupid who buy nokia phones because of poor network reception in mobile and wifi with huge price drops 
    Even no one response when you send email to nokia for phone complain 

I'm never buy nokia phone in my life 
  • munnasharma munnasharma
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Friend may be the android pie update will be pushed on last of november.
    Nokia 7 plus get android pie on 28th September 2018.
    Nokia 6.1 get android pie on 30th October 2018.
    Nokia 6.1 plus get android pie on 31 st October 2018.
    So i we follow this trend than Nokia 8 sirocco will get A P by 29-30th October 2018.
  • mahady mahady
     /  edited November 2018
    The screen stays black after pressing the power button, but the phone is working how can i solve it? anyone can help me?
    note: the problem has raised after updating ''pie''
  • rich rich
     / 
    I hope hmd make an official statement as to why there's been such a big delay. I feel I have been mislead as the whole premise of Android one is it has next to no customisations therefore it will receive fast updates. I advised my colleagues to go with Android one for this reason but they went with one plus and their heavily customised phones were updated ages ago. (How stupid do I feel now!)
    What a total fail for the Android one program
  • alberto alberto
    ✭✭  / 
    rich said:
    I hope hmd make an official statement as to why there's been such a big delay. I feel I have been mislead as the whole premise of Android one is it has next to no customisations therefore it will receive fast updates. I advised my colleagues to go with Android one for this reason but they went with one plus and their heavily customised phones were updated ages ago. (How stupid do I feel now!)
    What a total fail for the Android one program
    "Delay"? They aren't late, there still are days remaining in November. As someone in this forum said (sorry for credits, but I don't find the post :blush:), the 7 Plus got Pie on 28th September, the 6 duo also got it on the October's last days, so we will get it on 28-30th too. I sincerely hoped that there will also be an open beta version (that way the possible bugs could be seen by more pairs of eyes), but if there isn't, I just hope that the update will be done right. This is also the reason why I'm not rushing anybody. What do you prefer? A fast but buggy update or a late one but done alright? I prefer the second
    (Sorry for the possible grammar issues, I am not a native english speaker)
  • Anyone having issues with Smart Lock? 
    So it won't work correctly and all you get is a blank. I have read restarting the phone gross however this issue of recurring. 
  • I spend money on this so called flagship nokia phone that, they promise me fast android updates... All the other flagships got pie... Still nokia is sleeping... Guess u guyz are aware abt the consequences of sleeping much better than any other companies... Yeah!!!!
    Android Pie has some big problems - Checkout the change to "Do not disturb" features - functionality is much reduced - "Total Silence" mode is gone.

Check out:

Individual profiles like "Weekend" or "Night" could be configured earlier in Oreo with individually customized behaviour like "Total Silent"/"Alarms Only" which is now no longer possible.

The "Do not Disturb" can be configured at the top level for any of the functionality, but it gets copied to every separate profile underneath it - as part of Scheduler.

No way to separately set "Weekend" profile to "Call from starred Contacts" or "Night" profile to "Totally Silent".

Please read the link below:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/phone-by-google/e4hLRJm60kc/o1RK6ZbsDQAJ

• alberto alberto
    ✭✭  / 
    Anyone having issues with Smart Lock? 
    So it won't work correctly and all you get is a blank. I have read restarting the phone gross however this issue of recurring. 
    Yes, me too. But there is a fix. Go to Security>Trust Agents and disable Smart Lock. Reboot your device, go again to Security> Trust Agents and enable Smart Lock. Now it should work
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    U guys on safe side... NOKIA is testing its pie for 8 sirocco. . Cuz it has a lot of bugs... So delay will give flagship pie sweetness. 
  • momchu momchu
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    Does anyone's knows when will be Nokia 8 upgrade to KitKat? 😁😁😁😁
  • 29-30 
    Android 9.0 Pie on 👉 Nokia 8 Devices
    ⚠️ Are you ready?
  • Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  / 
    Apparently Nokia 8 Sirocco running Android Pie was spotted on some benchmarks, which suggests that Nokia is doing internal testing and that we will soon be getting update on our phones.  ;)
  • Audioboxer Audioboxer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Pyves said:
    Apparently Nokia 8 Sirocco running Android Pie was spotted on some benchmarks, which suggests that Nokia is doing internal testing and that we will soon be getting update on our phones.  ;)
    The Sirocco Pie updated leaked along with the Nokia 8.

They are internal builds though. 
  • postmart said:
    Keeping clicking on "Check for updates"  :D Hope to get it by the end of the day today
    Hope is a very dangerous thing my friend. especially when it comes to pie update from nokia 
  • Few hours to wait.
  • Nokai 8 sirocco is the flagship nd will get update on pie very soon....keep wating guys 
  • Well, I bought Sirocco because of android one ... Sice Nokia 7 has it, I'm already quite disappointed ... 
  • Andoideone is a joke, clean andoideone fast update. What is the problem after so manny months. 
  • radu radu
    ✭✭  / 
    The first one to get the update should pop the champagne! 🍾🎉
    Feels like NYE for Sirocco users! I can already hear the countdown ☺️