Not able to remove Google search bar on homescreen

After Android 9 update, my screen is so jammed with useless Google search bar and time, date, weather info.

Not able to remove Google search bar on homescreen

After Android 9 update, my screen is so jammed with useless Google search bar and time, date, weather info. Contacted support, Google search bar is unremovable :( not happy

Comments

• Jeff Browning Jeff Browning
     /  edited November 2018
    Try Evie launcher. I have been using it for a while and thus far is my favorite of all the launchers.
  • Google is forcing stuff on users. That first happened with Pixel phones and now since HMD Global is kinda licks Google's feet, they are also forcing the Google stuff to users.
    So, there's no way to remove the search bar from the stock launcher. Even if you disable the Google app, the dummy will be there.

The better option is to use Nova Launcher. I'm sure you'll lose some functionality, but you will get rid of the annoying and useless search bar at the bottom of the homescreen.
  • Downside of being an android one device but still love it btw
  • I've just had the update today if I wanted the thing there I would have put it there but I didn't give people the choice to remove it it's a pain in the backside crap I don't want sort it out !
  • Find it too bad that the Google search bar can not be deleted, but only indirectly like another launcher.
    The hope is that it may be erasable on Android 9.1 again.

•  :/  I hope that Nokia will fix this problem. I would like to choose what weather service to use.
  • Get rid of the Google  search bar on the home screen for the 7.1 otherwise a great product!
  • Me too, google search bar seems unimportant for my daily use on nokia 5.1 plus after pie update. I'd like to remove it but i recognize it is unremoveable. I wish google notice about this thing anda make it removeable on next update.
  • Mahisa said:
    Me too, google search bar seems unimportant for my daily use on nokia 5.1 plus after pie update. I'd like to remove it but i recognize it is unremoveable. I wish google notice about this thing anda make it removeable on next update.
    try any launcher from play store.
  • Pattan Pattan
     / 
    I do hate the  google search bar would be happy to get ride of ..

• After Android 9 update, my screen is so jammed with useless Google search bar and time, date, weather info. Contacted support, Google search bar is unremovable :( not happy
    Try installing another Launcher. I use Microsoft Launcher instead the default Launcher...

• Android One device with as pure Android as possible with stock launcher. The stock launcher is like this. The simplest thing to do is as other suggested just install alternative launcher from the store there are tons of good launchers copying the stock one with options to modify it further and remove the search bar.
    I bought the phone because it is as stock as possible and i am used to use the search bar as it is where it is. 
  • Just use Nova launcher. Problem solved.
  • Hi guys does any one know how to get rid off the camera & phone icons on the bottom of the lock screen as I don't need them their ??
  • Try Nova launcher it has plenty of customization options 
  • wyk wyk
    **  /  edited January 21
    customize the color as with wallpaper & use like chameleon 🦎

😎 🤣
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    **  / 
    Hi guys does any one know how to get rid off the camera & phone icons on the bottom of the lock screen as I don't need them their ??
    Hi, it is a standard part of the Nokia's software experience. And as such, you cannot remove those icons from your lockscreen.
    Technically, you can switch to a third party lockscreen and disable the stock lockscreen by selecting "Screen lock to: None", but then it reduces the security of the device and hence not very advisable.
  • Nova Launcher, switch "persistent search bar" option off.
  • Guys don't curse nokia alone. I have used Samsung Note 3, asus zenfone 3 (ZE552KL) and I have faced issues like launcher restart and absurd behavior after update. After updating to oreo 8.0 in zenfone 3, quick notification was not working.
    With stock android you will get the issues which are there in android and not manufacturer induced issues. After using nokia 7.1 for a month I am feeling that stock android is better than too much customization of other brands. If now nokia, I am going to stick with stock android or will switch to iphones because i feel android was better till marshmallow. Nogout onwards google has screwed android with issues.
  • Kristian Aalto Kristian Aalto
     /  edited January 27
    I'm using CPL(Customized Pixel Launcher). It's similar as default launcher but you can remove google search bar and at a glance also. I'm using also one + gestures. Nice to get rid of navbar
  • After Android 9 update, my screen is so jammed with useless Google search bar and time, date, weather info. Contacted support, Google search bar is unremovable :( not happy
    You can uninstall partner browser customizations through adb. This will remove at a glance widget atleast. Though google search bar still remains.