Issues with Nokia 7.1

I've only had this phone for a few days, and I'm already beginning to experience some issues.

Issues with Nokia 7.1

I've only had this phone for a few days, and I'm already beginning to experience some issues. On day one, during my initial setup, the phone powered on being set with an 8% brightness level. It was so dim, I could hardly navigate to the brightness settings to change it. I found it odd, for a brand new phone, with adaptive brightness turned off, to power on with such an incredibly dim screen. I changed the brightness, and didn't think much more about it.

While using the YouTube app, with HDR10 turned on, I've been noticing something quite annoying. As soon as I click to play a video, the brightness dims, giving a yellow tint to the sections of YouTube that are typically crisp white. I'll minimize the video, exposing the app's homepage, and the homepage will be bright white, I maximize the video, and everything dims and turns yellow again. What's up with that?

The second thing that I really hope to find a solution to, I'm experiencing incredibly low in-call and speaker phone volume.

If you've encountered similar issues, completely different issues, or if you have any solutions/fixes for these problems, please let me know.

Comments

• You actually have working hdr10 in youtube? I can only get it to work in a third party app. (hdr is displayed under quality then.)
  • BTW, that third party app does seem to display hdr. hdr files in a third party player(VLC) does not seem to work without converting to sdr.
  • Anshulag Anshulag
    ✭✭  / 
    I am having several issues with my brand new phone.
     I observed lags at various points while using my Nokia 7.1. like when I uninstall an app my phone hangs. Also while using apps like Instagram I faced notch problem (seems like phone gets confused whether to show notchor not and it keeps on flashing the notch).
    There's also much lag in performance which I have been observing from the starting (last Saturday,when I get this phone for me).
     I thought that this is the issue of the android version so I updated it to latest Android but nothing changed. 
    I expect that Nokia will look into this and would take necessary action.
  • I think HDR is working fine in Netflix contents. I got this Nokia 7.1 on 25 Dec 2018. As soon as I boot it for first time, an update was already waiting and installed it. However it is so wiered to see no Nokia apps even no gallery, the time displayed in notch is not showing AM/PM. There is no options to tweak HDR I can not observe it because nothing is available to compare in HDR Vs SDR option. The at the glance widget is fixed and you can't remove or move it in home screen. There are many issues in software part. I used stock android in Moto G but it was flawless and smooth.
    I hope Nokia HMD reads this, they really need to push updates frequently, if they want to survive. Nokia is costly in there respective segments. People are only buying, because there is a nostalgic emotions of there past, they may not get such chances again and again. We used to see so much things when Nokia was a leader like N90, 3310,1100, N GAGE, phone for every age group and pockets. Software like real player, ovi store. Nokia we have hard feelings for you, but next time we won't hurt our pockets. I purchased it because it was made in India. I will have no regrets if my hard earned money goes to Chinese treasurey.
    Best of luck hope you are pushing hard against time and challenges.

• My sons new 7.1 phone has crashed completely maybe 10 - 15 times with auto reboot since xmas and during use. Is this normal for android? 
  • I dont know , but i think its normal for this piece of sh*t 7.1 

I paid 215€ for this phone after the cashback and it isnt even worth half of that. My next phone will be a iPhone again.
  • Penfold Penfold
    ✭✭  / 
    My sons new 7.1 phone has crashed completely maybe 10 - 15 times with auto reboot since xmas and during use. Is this normal for android? 
    No, that's not normal. My 7.1 has been running perfectly since I got it. Sometimes a specific app can cause big problems like that, though. Your best bet is to factory reset the phone without restoring from backup. See if there are any problems when using the phone, then reinstall apps one by one. If you find an app that causes problems, uninstall it. If you have problems immediately after factory reset, then exchange the phone for a new one.
  • Chris Mayo Chris Mayo
    ✭✭  / 
    I've had the same issues for calling volume, it's incredibly low on both in phone and speaker phone. This is the most important as even with Bluetooth sync in the car I have to put up the volume ALL the way just to barely hear.