Finger print issue after android P

Hello nokia!!!! Im having issue with finger print of my TA-1043 Model, it doest recognize my finger.

Finger print issue after android P

Hello nokia!!!! Im having issue with finger print of my TA-1043 Model, it doest recognize my finger. when i try to reset finger lock it stucks on 0% and 30% but after many attempts it finish the process but some time it unlocks my phone and some it doesnt!!! it was fine before android 9!!!! plss help me out to know whether its a hardware problem or a software???

Comments

• nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I have TA-1089 from India.I don't have problem of fingerprint.Even Fingerprint works fast and accurate on my device.I have reset my device after pie for fresh phone memory uses.i haven't seen issue before reset and after reset.
  • Darayavahush Darayavahush
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    I have the same problem here. TA-1043: Since the update to Android Pie no fingerprint is detected anymore (but there is vibration feedback).
    New fingerprints cannot be added. Scan aborts here immediately and without vibration feedback. 

The same problem was reported here:
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/8584/after-android-pie-update-fingerprint-issue
  • I have a similar problem,after the 9.0 update it takes longer than a second to unlock my device using the fingerprint scanner

•  :) 
  • The issue has always been there on my TA-1043, even on Oreo. I have read more people experiencing it, so I am guessing the hardware is at fault. Sometimes it recognizes immediately, at other times not at all and I have to use my PIN. I do think the Pie experience is better over all.
  • pinsara151 pinsara151
    ✭✭  / 
    Have same proble here.. fingerprint is not detected most of the time without reason after the new update..hope for a bug fix update
  • ncstr ncstr
    ✭✭  / 
    Solved it for now, will see how it works.

1. Turn off your phone
    2 . Once it is off, hold Volume down and Power buttons simultaneously, so it will boot up in Safe mode (there will be a message in lower left corner on the PIN code screen)
    3. When in Safe mode, set up your fingerprints as usual
    4. Once everything is set up, hold Power button and select restart.

Should be fine after restart.