Nokia 7 Plus screen freeze issue

Hi There, Nokia 7 Plus, Screen Freeze issue occur anytime randomly..

Nokia 7 Plus screen freeze issue

rajazolt rajazolt
✭✭  / 

Hi There,

Nokia 7 Plus, Screen Freeze issue occur anytime randomly.. It has been 3 months, I have been facing this issue and I updated Android Pie also, but there is now use from that. I appreciate, If the company has resolve and Fix this Issue Quickly.

Thanks

Raja   

Comments

• Dikal Dikal
    ✭✭  / 
    My Nokia 7 plus have the same problem 
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Dikal said:

Did you try pressing the home button when the screen freez happens ? If it works please try diabling "Display over other apps" option for Google Play Service & Android Accebility Suite apps in settings.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    vibhor said:
    Dikal said:

Did you try pressing the home button when the screen freez happens ? If it works please try diabling "Display over other apps" option for Google Play Service & Android Accebility Suite apps in settings.
    Team Nokia is neither listening to the #nokia7plus customers problem nor replying to any.

Check out this Nokia community:

• tjc2005 tjc2005
    ✭✭  / 
    I have this issue too
  • vinayak vinayak
    ✭✭  / 
    I had these issue earlier and also had also raised the complaint in these community forum and to their customer support executive. But sadly none of them helped out and I have to downgrade to Android Oreo 8.1.0 with the help of service centres nearby. I had disabled automatic updates through OTA. Now the devices runs on Android Oreo 8.1.0 and devices works extremely fine.
  • even after performing a hard reset, I'm facing this issue. This is the shitties phone I've ever held in my hand.
  • peter Mayhem peter Mayhem
    ✭✭  / 
    I have this issue too and its annoying. Happens once, twice or More during Day. Any chance Nokia would fix this or do i just keep senting logs to Nokia 
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    actually i also faced screen freezing after jan Update couple of times. 
  • I am also facing the same prb 
  • Tell me whether it is a device prb or software ?
  • I have to change the device or i have to replace my screen 
  • I was also facing the same problem, but somehow I was able to get out of this situation. Try rebooting your device forcefully by pressing Power button and Volume up button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds.
  • Jaat Jaat
     /  edited February 5
    App force Stop
    All app problem
    Restart phone
  • Dikal's fix worked for me. Special app access; do not allow display over other apps.
  • Same problem persist in my phone also. Extremely annoying
  • Rolf Lunheim Rolf Lunheim
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the same problem. It occurs almost every time I use the phone and renders it almost useless. Why is Nokia not responding to this???
  • Andrei89 Andrei89
     / 
    Guys I have found a fix flx my Nokia 7+, after I have spoken with the guys from nokia, they told me to start the phone in Safe Mode, and the phone worked perfectly in SM, so I started uninstalling apps from my phone, when I have found to apps with the same name taking about 900kb from my memory and having the classic Android Icon, so I have uninstalled those, and now my phone works perfectly.

Worked for me, hope it will help you to!
  • StriderBIH StriderBIH
    ✭✭  / 
    No. My phone freezes even in safe mode. :(
  • mafj mafj
     / 
    vibhor advice works for me:
    disabling display over the apps of the aforementioned apps
  • woodyhxc woodyhxc
    ✭✭  / 
    I did factory reset 3 times,  because  every step provided by Nokia support didn't help., like safe mode, run graphic test in recovery mode. First reset I did was by wiping data via recovery mode and restored whole backup and after short time of usage freezes started to occur. I did 2nd factory reset this time without backup, no freezes. On 3rd factory reset I restored backup but excluded Nova Launcher from installing and it seems that was the culprit. I'm on day 5th and no freezes,when before I had like 5-6 screen freezes a day. So if you are using any kind of 3rd party Launcher then try uninstall it or to be sure do factory reset and restore backup without restoring Launcher app. 
  • Arshed123 Arshed123
    ✭✭  / 
    <span>I also had this problem. I enabled the lift to check phone option from the settings after that I didn't experience this kind of screen freezing problem.</span>
  • Engineblock Engineblock
    ✭✭  / 
    Has anyone even established so far if this is a software glitch or hardware? I suspect software as it is very random. But then it should get resolved after hard reset or any such action.

And yes in safe mode it appears that this problem is gone for a while. Meaning some buggy ram eating software is culprit. But then you cannot find whichever is it. 
    For me removing swiftkey helped for few days and fhen problem was back again. 
  • user1524207746147 user1524207746147
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm Facing the same issue most frequently while playing PuBG, nothing working at that point of time so I have to lock the phone and unlock by touch of to make it functional.
    Clearly it's a software glitch. I hv enabled pulldown notification from touch.
    I will disable all this glossy functionality and will try.
  • dikkedikkie dikkedikkie
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm Facing the same issue most frequently while playing PuBG, nothing working at that point of time so I have to lock the phone and unlock by touch of to make it functional.
    Clearly it's a software glitch. I hv enabled pulldown notification from touch.
    I will disable all this glossy functionality and will try.
    Did it work?
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey, One question to all are u guys using dual sim?
    If then then disable second slot and try. 
    It's a glitch when Nokia introduced dual volte .
    My mobile is working fine now with one sim.
    If this solution works for u then we can ask Nokia to fix.
    Thanks
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello Guys, the above seems not working but following may be feasible solution please check once.
    Use case: I'm facing this randomly and frequently after removing screen guard 
    5-6 times during a single game .
    Generally it seems buggy when there are moisture or due to oily screen.
    Possible soln: decreased the pointer speed from 50% to between 25-30%. This decreased the screen touch sensitivity.

You can validate at 50% if u touch your ear cord or any metal screen is responding. Means it's too much sensitive causing multiple random detection while oily.
    So decrease pointer speed to 25-30% and let all know here.

Thanks,

• Rinzi Hanis Rinzi Hanis
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia wake up!!! Solve this issue, why the **** 7 plus screen freezing. This is not Finland, this MidEast, too hot here😂😂🤣
  • naresh mahendra naresh mahendra
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes please fix this issue screen freeze 
  • I have bought Nokia 7 plus 2 days ago it starts freezing from tomorrow I have to lock and unlock my phone to solve this plz Nokia solve this issue or else your ratings will go very bad.