Nokia 8 – General FAQs Thread

Own a Nokia 8? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app! 

Nokia 8 – General FAQs Thread

matteo.m matteo.m
Staff member  /  edited November 2018

Own a Nokia 8? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app! 

FAQs

Smart Lock does not work/ disappeared after the last update. How do I get it back? 

Go to Settings > Security & location > Trust agents; disable Smart Lock and restart your phone. After the restart enable Smart Lock again and your Smart Lock should be up running again.

Why are there no specific Nokia built in apps?

Nokia 8 is part of our ‘pure, secure and up-to-date’ pledge. This means providing a ‘pure Android’ experience, without any pre-installed apps or skins. Our consumers can pick exactly what applications they want on their phones.

When do I get the new Security Patch?

Google’s Security Patches are released monthly and depending on the hardware in your phone. As these releases have specific hardware dependencies, we will need to ensure your phone is fully supported before we can test and release those to the operator. Once the quality has been assured, the Security Patch will be delivered to your phone. Due to this, the Security Patches are dependent upon your device model, operator and also your location.

I still haven’t received an update, even though it was announced. What can I do?

Software rollouts are a phased process so the timing of Android upgrades will vary by country and operator. In case you haven’t received your update yet, get in touch with our support team to learn more about it.

Support: https://www.nokia.com/phones/support 

Official Support App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.support

Tagged:

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Are these really the most frequently asked questions? Do you plan to track trending topics and update this topic?
    Cheers :)
  • matteo.m matteo.m
    Staff member  / 
    madbilly said:
    Are these really the most frequently asked questions? Do you plan to track trending topics and update this topic?
    Hi @madbilly - Yes we do. Let us know if we are missing anything, and we'd be happy to update it!
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @matteo.m Looks like the most frequently asked question at the moment is surrounding the Android Pie update for the Nokia 8. I've done my best to answer as many of them as possible though.
  • tuan le tuan le
    ✭✭  / 
    Is there NOKIA staff will give us the official answer?
    We never get the official before when we ask something in this forum
  • itzrj itzrj
    ✭✭  / 
    matteo.m said:
    @Terminusaquo we are planning to get the Beta Labs team to feature here more often to discuss these kind of questions. Stay tuned for it
    Please get it done before the end of the month. We are flagship owners and we want piece of pie as soon as possible!
    Look forward to this.
  • itzrj itzrj
    ✭✭  / 
    What about screen burn issue?
  • Nokia 8 needs away for tap to off screen  That's what we're missing  Please help  
  • Nokia please finally solve the trust agent / smart lock problem. It's pretty annoying to have to restart all the time.
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭  / 
    Pie update is welcome, even more welcome will be some serious updates on this very ordinary cam in the Nokia 8, its just not good enough. I paid $750.00 for this. Recently i had to put a sim in my old Lumia Pureview 925 to get decent pics at an indoor wedding, i should not have to do this with a so called flagship. If this is the new Nokia, it's not for me, i'm done
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Good things come to those who wait... ;)
  • yasserhamed yasserhamed
    ✭✭  / 
    Why we don't recive pie for now, and I see many discussions about bugs from pepole upgraded to pie , this right  ?
  • LTN Fan LTN Fan
    ✭✭  / 
    @yasserhamed That's right. There are strange behaviors after upgrade a Nokia 8 from Android 8.1. But sometimes your installed apps did not correctly implement fingerprint I think. I would wait some weeks for next Bugfix releases.
  • aditya raj aditya raj
    ✭✭  / 
    You all can download pie manually I have also installed it manually.
    Go to this link and download it in your laptop .

• neil neil
    ✭✭  / 
    You all can download pie manually I have also installed it manually.
    Go to this link and download it in your laptop .

I had similar links from XDA which would only update to a particular update with the *#*# method and then stops. After that it was only the recovery mode to update. As I was on beta before and rolled back to oreo to get a fresh start on the pie, after all the updates it would force a rollback to oreo on its own. Later I got dec security update via OTA and tried the updates again but I just couldn't force this update you have linked. It would just fail. I am not willing to try again and have to revert back. The backup also was useless as the latest one from pie beta is not backward compatible. What is the solution to this one?

Cheers

• ILAN ILAN
     / 
    Not yet received android pie update for nokia 8
  • In Romania, some users received the android 9 update and some not. This is very strange.....is not for everyone.
  • LTN Fan LTN Fan
    ✭✭  / 
    In Romania, some users received the android 9 update and some not.
    Usually this kind of updates use "Staged Rollouts". This means you are in a later batch and receive it some days later as described here.
  • I just want fully dark theme features as like Google pixel phones and others.. any guess ?
  • Hello,
    anyone has to suggest a decent screen protector for nokia 8, that will support the curved screen?

Thanks
  • gulasa gulasa
    ✭✭  / 
    why the update of android foot of the motorola g6 plus will work the adaptive battery if it is not part of android one ?? and why can not Nokia 8 get it???
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 5
    gulasa said:
    why the update of android foot of the motorola g6 plus will work the adaptive battery if it is not part of android one ?? and why can not Nokia 8 get it???

It will be another Android Pie update, but I do not know when it will be released.
  • ParichayDDhami ParichayDDhami
    ✭✭  / 
    Is the Beta Pie release for Nokia 8 the only pie release or is there a stable release expected?
    I had installed Beta Pie and had to revert due to issues. Now I find that there is no Pie, and i cant go back to beta pie and I am stuck with Oreo. Please .. can we have a RELEASE DATE (NOT a timeframe) for PIE release? Country-wise and Region-wise and Operator-wise.
  • aleemkhn86 aleemkhn86
    ✭✭  / 
    No one is bothering for the issues .. just they want to launch buggy Nokia handset with fake promises along with wrong explaination For the process developing pie with their failed research teams .. 
  • Qrac Qrac
    ✭✭  / 
    matteo.m said:
    madbilly said:
    Hi @madbilly - Yes we do. Let us know if we are missing anything, and we'd be happy to update it!

Hello @matteo.m, Could you please update the FAQ with what is going on with the Pie update for Nokia 8. I mean it's one of the most frequent asked questions. You send out the beta, end the beta, send out the Pie, stop sending Pie, and now start again but with the same version as before. The the Pie update seems to be the same as the beta. When will we get final Pie update?
Prev1