Nokia 8 – General FAQs Thread - Page 2

Where is a link to create a new question.  I can see how to comment on an existing topic.  But how to create a new topic?

Nokia 8 – General FAQs Thread

Comments

• LA Walter LA Walter
    ✭✭  / 
    Where is a link to create a new question.  I can see how to comment on an existing topic.  But how to create a new topic?
  • C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey there, i just wonder how is about the January security patch?
  • نظرتان را تایپ کنید           گوشی موبایل خدمات خوبی ارائه نمی‌دهد بلکه تکرار شماره ندارد یا اینترنت خوب کار نمیکند 

• Is the Beta Pie release for Nokia 8 the only pie release or is there a stable release expected? Have Nokia 8s' in any countries received Pie? 
    I had installed Beta Pie and had to revert due to issues. Now I find that there is no Pie, and i cant go back to beta pie and I am stuck with Oreo. Please .. can we have a RELEASE DATE (NOT a timeframe) for PIE release? Country-wise, Region-wise and Operator-wise.
    If not, please put it up in bold that Nokia 8 will not receive Pie. We will stop bothering Nokia.
  • @ ΜΙΝΩΣ

I gave up and bought the official Nokia flip case, which has really tough corners. The flap actually makes the phone easier to hold. I use my Nokia 8 everywhere, all the time, and have dropped it countless times. The only damage I have to my screen so far is three tiny marks at the top right hand of the screen from when the phone landed on asphalt.
  • FIRST: This forum is user to user. HMD Global is unlikely to read this!
    Please write to Support about your issues through the Support app on your phone.
    I received Pie release version on 10 January, without the January Security update, which arrived today and doesn’t solve the compass problem.
    My camera app no longer records as many clicks in the video as it did in Oreo, but the focus still doesn’t stay where you want it.
    Nokia’s camera expertise is not being used on the Nokia 8. Mine has now stopped tagging photos without being asked to...
    The issue with OIS/EIS is a flaming joke. Apps can turn optical stabilisation on the Nokia 8 on and off at will - in 720, 1080 and 4K. Filmic Pro does it. But in the Camera app we have make do with wobbly video with a laughably small Field of View. Phew!
    In my humble opinion, HMD Global should fix the issues in the camera photo department and enable OZO spatial sound for external video apps and buy every user who wants a copy of Filmic Pro (I have no interests, commercial or otherwise in that company, it is just good!).
  • C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    i got the Pie Security patch January yesterday :)
  • Is there anyone facing the music stop issue? My music keep stoping after pie update please help
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    @TahaKhan ask in the relevant subforum for your phone.
  • matteo.m said:
    madbilly said:
    Are these really the most frequently asked questions? Do you plan to track trending topics and update this topic?
    Cheers :)
    Hi @madbilly - Yes we do. Let us know if we are missing anything, and we'd be happy to update it!
    Nokia 8 worst flagship released by a company.A pure android device should be getting updates first than Android one devices.Its February and no update yet in India.HMD promised improved cameras etc etc but nothing.
  • No updates have ever arrived for the Nokia8 before the middle of any month since I got mine in December 2017.
  • gavias gavias
    ✭✭  /  edited February 2019
    In nokia 8, how can I lock video focus at infinity?
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @gavias The focus will only lock for a few seconds wherever you lock it. As far as I know there is no infinity setting.
  • gavias gavias
    ✭✭  / 
    Thank you, Hugh
    Its a normal function in many other phones, like ASUS, for instance. The vídeo focus works bad, because its constantly doing adjustments.  The infinity resolved this issue, at least for far objects

Nokia 8 doesnt has manual mode for the vídeo!
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    This is so ridiculous, how can a responsible company do like this openly, this is certainly a fraud, the main aim of the company is to give updates early as fast as possible,also customers expect the same, but here its totally disappointing , it is been 90days ,they said pie will be out in November 2018, but it's February 2019 still no update in Asia, and other countries who got pie its just a full of bugs, atleast they are not even giving any progress updates or any news regarding what they are working for, this is so bad , we too have other options they are not Government to listen them as they play, this is pure stock Android, they can't even manage this stock Android with updates , phones which have different roms and lot of features like Honor , Samsung, asus, this companies are capable of giving pie already, being a flagship device its shame to HMD as well as for us to use this device in front of our friends
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @gavias
    The Nokia 8 can lock the focus and a lot more with it. It's just the stock app that can't. If Filmic Pro can lock the focus it's because the Nokia 8 supports it.

✭✭✭  / 
    There is no fraud involved at all. HMD Global bit off more than it could chew with the video app and messed some other things along the way. Why would they deliberately mess with customers.
    Mobile phones are incredibly complex devices. Trouble is that HMD should admit it's made a cockup then fix it.
    I would say that Nokia 8 doesn't run stock Android because certain things have been added, such OZO spatial audio and a special camera app.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Still don't agree there is any fraud involved, but getting yet another upgrade with no compass fix really got my blood boiling. What the **** are they doing. I have reported in detail both via chat and support email.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The **** (inserted by the system) was not the ''f" word.
  • SCKH SCKH
    ✭✭  / 
    Enough is enough, it is time to put this to my drawer and start thinking to switch phone and NOT Nokia anymore.
  • C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    I cannot understand you all complaining about the updates. For all my previous phones i never got more than 1 update at all. The Nokia 8 isn't even an Android One, 2 years old and still gets every month an update. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE? If you wanna be in first place with updates write your own OS.

• C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    oh, i think i miss that broken feature part.What's not working?
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The compasst reversed North and South, the ok Google (it just crashed my 8 when I said ok Google with a radio app running and then the phone had to be rebooted before ok Google would work again) the camera still doesn't work as it is supposed to. To mention a few...
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    And these things all worked with Android 7.1.1 as far as I know. (The camera app then wasn't necessarily better, but I think it had less broken features than the current one).
  • SCKH SCKH
    ✭✭  / 
    C4rst3n said:
    I cannot understand you all complaining about the updates. For all my previous phones i never got more than 1 update at all. The Nokia 8 isn't even an Android One, 2 years old and still gets every month an update. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE? If you wanna be in first place with updates write your own OS.

Boss, we are complaining because of the faulty, especially the compass functionality, which the device now is unable to locate accurately in the map and for navigation, and affecting me greatly while travelling.

Personally, I really not care the updates, OS update, Android One and others, but a promise is a promise, they should keep their promises accordingly to their advertisement. 

If HMD/Nokia cannot fix the all mentioned things here, please allow us to roll-back to Android Oreo, which is very much stable and everything works fine; BUT, they choose to keep silent whether it can be fixed or going to fix or not, this make us frustrated. The most worst is, these problems were presented during BETA and they still pushed it as stable version to us without rectify the problems. 

I am not asking much, just give me back a NORMAL WORKINGS phone.
  • Hamdan Gmac Hamdan Gmac
    ✭✭  / 
    I recwnrec got the stable pie update and I find no major changes ...no ar core no face unlock nothing...my whole expectations were shattered...really disappointed by this ....
  • Glance feature still useless for me since i bought Nokia 8   :(:(