Nokia 8 – General FAQs Thread - Page 3

oh, i see.

Nokia 8 – General FAQs Thread

Comments

• C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    oh, i see. Well the compass points to the wrong direction for me, too (well i don't use maps often, so haven't noticed so far) Ok Google is something so useless, that i never use it. I don't see any problems with the camera. Takes pictures and videos. And face unlock works perfectly @Hamdan Gmac 
    Glance is really a useless features since it offers only limited notification. 
  • Dzep Dzep
     /  edited March 2019
    Hi I do have problem on my nokia 8..  it was delivered yesterday and upgraded to pie. The vibrator seems not working I tried vibrator test apps enabled vibration settings but still cannot vibrate .. could some help.me this one? So I can get a replacement if ever this is hardware problem.
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    @Dzep as I suggested in another thread, contact support directly: https://www.nokia.com/phones/locale/support

You could also try dialling *#*#372733#*#* and do the vibrator test.
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭✭  / 
    LA Walter said:
    Where is a link to create a new question.  I can see how to comment on an existing topic.  But how to create a new topic?
    ,,,,,there isn't, they are choking us all off quietly. I have fixed ALL my issues with my Nokia 8, i sold the damn thing and bought a HTC U11, a real phone, love it. Be aware guys, they are just waiting for you all to drop off the vine, it will NEVER get better. Wish you all good luck.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    ??? I can create a new discussion ???

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    You have to be a member for 24 hours before you can create a new discussion. It's to reduce the number of people posting the same thing as a new topic - "where's my security / pie update?".
  • user1536323754226 user1536323754226
    ✭✭✭  / 

@ ΜΙΝΩΣ

I gave up and bought the official Nokia flip case, which has really tough corners. The flap actually makes the phone easier tohold. I use my Nokia 8 everywhere, all the time,and have dropped it countless times. The only damage I have to my screen so far is three tiny dots top right hand of the screen where it hit asphalt...
  • user1536323754226 user1536323754226
    ✭✭✭  / 

@ ΜΙΝΩΣ

I gave up and bought the official Nokia flip case, which has really tough corners. The flap actually makes the phone easier tohold. I use my Nokia 8 everywhere, all the time,and have dropped it countless times. The only damage I have to my screen so far is three tiny dots top right hand of the screen where my phone hit asphalt.
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I posted the above months and months ago. It didn't seem to get posted, then suddenly disappeared...
  • Pavel Sodomka Pavel Sodomka
    ✭✭  / 
    Class action lawsuit of Nokia. See the new discussion thread
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    I posted the above months and months ago. It didn't seem to get posted, then suddenly disappeared...
    I think the HMD team have unblocked the spam filter with very interesting consequences!
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 2019
    Megan wrote something about "clearing the moderation feed" ... with indeed some interesting consequences: (multiple) repeated posts, wrong time stamps etc.

• Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My comment on choice of cover still applies, but I have scratched the screen in a couple more places... I went to a photo store last week to buy a spare part for my tripod and left with a Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal, which doesn't accommodate my flip-case. May post video somewhere when I've mastered the gimbal, which is approx. 80 per cent compatible with my 8 in its current Pie state...
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    hello users an important announcement from @HMD_Laura

HMD_Laura said:
    Hi all, 
    also to keep the Nokia 2 users up to date I got information concerning the March SP. 
    There was a one-time issue in rolling out March security update for Nokia 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 2 due to the addition of new test cases and together with Google, we decided to take extra time to review before releasing the update. The four impacted products will receive March security patch in the coming week. 

Best regards, 
    Laura
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor">I switched from a lumia 930 and I am very disapointed with my nokia 8 camera, this isnt that great zeiss stuff we ha in the good old days. My biggest problem is that my flash in total darknes doesnt flash in the exposure time, so the picture is 100% dark like if my flash was turned off. Do any of you have the same problem? I hate this, my lumia does this so perfectly (and so much else to 😕)</div>
    </blockquote>
  • Khmer Hunter Khmer Hunter
    ✭✭  / 
    Why have no Face unlock on Nokia 8?
    ✭✭  / 
    Why have no Face unlock on Nokia 8
    ✭✭  / 
    How about gaming mode on nokia 8?
  • Geordiemick Geordiemick
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    I've just bought a new 8 and wasn't impressed that I had no option but to install Pie as you can't get past it updating during set up without a great deal of trouble. What is involved in going, I can't say back as I wasn't allowed to see it or 7.1, to 8.1? 
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I've just bought a new 8 and wasn't impressed that I had no option but to install Pie as you can't get past it updating during set up without a great deal of trouble. What is involved in going, I can't say back as I wasn't allowed to see it or 7.1, to 8.1? 
    In your other post, I gave you a solution to stop it from updating, did you not try it.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Why have no Face unlock on Nokia 8?
    Because it has absolutely no depth mapping hardware and no infrared illumination for when it is dark.

You'll have to use the smart lock version if you want it that bad.
  • Geordiemick Geordiemick
    ✭✭  / 
    I did try, but it stuck on the software update screen as I had no network I think so I had to let it carry on. But I still thought it would carry on with it in the background and let me install later, like every other phone and tablet I've ever owned, and was sore distressed when it just installed it before I even got a look at 7.1 and a play.
  • My Nokia 8 phone is not ringing out again. It lost all sounds after the last update I did. Please what is responsible and how can I correct it. I tried to reset, but the problem persist.
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    @mrbelter I'm not sure that the 3.2, 4.2 and 9PV have infra-red, never mind depth sensing (they definitely don't) so their face unlock software could be just as useless on the Nokia 8 as well.
  • I switched from a lumia 930 and I am very disapointed with my nokia 8 camera, this isnt that great zeiss stuff we ha in the good old days. My biggest problem is that my flash in total darknes doesnt flash in the exposure time, so the picture is 100% dark like if my flash was turned off. Do any of you have the same problem? I hate this, my lumia does this so perfectly (and so much else to 😕)
    You could buy a camera? Don't buy a hammer to put in a screw.
  • Is the Beta Pie release for Nokia 8 the only pie release or is there a stable release expected?
    I had installed Beta Pie and had to revert due to issues. Now I find that there is no Pie, and i cant go back to beta pie and I am stuck with Oreo. Please .. can we have a RELEASE DATE (NOT a timeframe) for PIE release? Country-wise and Region-wise and Operator-wise.

ILAN said:
    Not yet received android pie update for nokia 8
    I would say that this complaint is a bit funny.. you say stuck with Android Oreo as if it was a bad thing. If Android Pie hadn't come out, would you have rebuked Android Oreo?. The Nokia 8 is powered by a Snapdragon 835 which in my review is a flagship processor from QUALCOMM. Whether you're running on the latest software from Google wouldn't matter at all. So just enjoy your smartphone. I'm using a Nokia 7 plus with the latest Android Pie update and I tell you that it doesn't mean that it's better than phones running on Android Oreo. 😂😂 Latest isn't always the greatest... I'll tell you that... Android Pie is just a glorified piece of junk food from Google
  • When will nokia 8 get Android pie update?
    Lol 😅 I don't think it would matter since the Nokia 8 is powered by a  (Snapdragon 835 processor). 
  • Is Nokia 8 getting Android Q in future?
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Lookman Alabi
    Absolutely No.Since Nokia 8 came with Android 7.1.1 out of box and last major OS will be the Android 9 Pie as per Two year OS upgrade as promised by HMD. Only successors of Nokia 8 like Nokia 8.1 and Nokia 8 Sirocco can get Android Q update
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    user1520881638007 I would say you are correct, but never say never... it depends on how generous HMD are feeling ;)