Nokia 8 – General FAQs Thread - Page 4

Hey, I've been screaming a lot in all the groups I can find.

Nokia 8 – General FAQs Thread

Comments

• jesil jesil
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey, I've been screaming a lot in all the groups I can find. The new update screwed up the camera OIS, deleted fingerprints after each reboot and doesn't allow to rearrange home-screen pages. I am one of the first Nokia 8 buyers and I have been making people buy Nokia for some time now. Please fix these issues in the Nokia 8. It's such a reliable device. Please HMD, heal it of its woes.
  • C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    Not sure what update fixed it, but my compass points to north again :smiley: 

Please replace glance with the "inaktivitäts display" from Nokia 8.1 
  • Can you help with my repair issue please 
  • openlab openlab
     / 
    HI I am having issues with TomTom Go not running on my Nokia 8. Comments from the TomTom forum would indicate that it is related to the unstable GPS positioning hardware. As a result TomTom does not boot where it ran fine on my Huawei and iPhones. Any one out there having the same experiences???? The Nokia 8 is at the latest Android One and security patches.
  • potemkin_redux potemkin_redux
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jesil said:
    It's such a reliable device. Please HMD, heal it of its woes.
    It's the most unreliable phone I ever owned. HMD doesn't care.
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't use Tom Tom, but location on my 8 has been unreliable as **** since Pie update when used tag photos. Often uses the last position rather than the current one. Which is worse than useless... My current location is, however, usually accurate in Google Maps and ViewRanger.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    That is strange: I just checked it and the photos (taken with the GCam) from our vacation now recently in Wales were for the very most part relatively exactly tagged (not always 100% spot on, but never with old coords). Since I use my Nokia 8 also intensively for geocaching, I am very sure that the localization is correct ... :)
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    Hi @Hugh Matthews what you describe used to be a common bug before update v5.15 I think, and with the update the compass and the geotagging got fixed. Maybe some cache needs to be reset in your phone to fix the bug?
    Cheers :)
  • When the security patch "<span>S2019-08-05" will be available as my email access is been removed by our org due to that.</span>
  • <h1>Nokia 8, mother board defective.</h1>
    I purchased my nokia 8 in Oct'2017, it is one hand use, no issues. Suddenly last week my family told that, there is too much noise to the receiver no voice, but I cannot hare any noise.
    Camera, whats app chat both side found ok.
    I given Exiom care for repair in Sharjah and they reported me that, it's mother board is dedective. 
    How come without any falling down  of the set, one hand use set?
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    Sometimes electronic components just degrade, typically it is the insulation between different circuits, other times the solder becomes a dry joint with a poor connection. It just happens, and will definitely happen at some point. The failure you describe is the first I've heard like that though, so thank you for sharing it with us.
    I hope you get a good repair or a suitable replacement.
  • potemkin_redux potemkin_redux
    ✭✭✭  / 
    When the security patch "S2019-08-05" will be available as my email access is been removed by our org due to that.
    @chakravarthy nagarajan If your org has such a strict policy, you're gonna have even bigger problems when HMD switches Nokia 8 to Quarterly security patches starting October 2019.
  • Lex O'Day Lex O'Day
    ✭✭  / 
    So, this is the first time I've posted in the community. Apologies if not in the right area. Just looked up the android 10 roll out calendar and can see that the Nokia 8 isn't listed. Having more than enough capability in terms of hardware, I was wondering why HMD have taken this decision and if there is anyway beta labs could be tempted to port the Nokia 8 Scirocco version over to the Nokia 8, considering they will be releasing it on the Scirocco?
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    Hi @Lex O'Day it's not about hardware capability it's because the 8 has already received 2 OS version updates which is what HMD committed to at launch.
  • is there anyone having application error issues on nokia 8.after pie update and security patch level september 2019 i am getting errors opening some applications including pubg
  • Steve Roz Steve Roz
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2019
    unfortunately pubg admins says doesn't support your phone settings... i don't know why...
  • Having some screen flickering issue on my Nokia 8. Can you tell me some way to fix it?

• Is nokia 8 available in saudi Arabia?

What is the current price of this?

• JEG JEG
    ✭✭  / 

• JEG JEG
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 8 Steel.

When I recieve a call which I accept, my screen becomes black after a 10sec.

That's very annoying because, when the caller ask me p.e. to do an action with the tabs, that's not possible, because I can't see the tabs.

How can I fix my Nokia 8 so that my screen stays on light? 🤔

• Stipic Stipic
    ✭✭  / 

It will be soon that I am a 2 years Nokia 8 user. After the first or second security update, phone started randomly to restart. After a year or so, my display started to get ghosts. Opinion is that Nokia 8 was released as not enough tested device and I wouldnt buy Nokia anymore when I change this phone that I am using now.

• JEG JEG
    ✭✭  / 

Thks Stipic.

It's a pitty for Nokia that it's Smartphone doen't work correctly and it's certainly a pity for me. To follow smartphone will be no more a Nokia. It's really a pitty . 😕