Nokia 7.1 – General FAQs Thread

Own a Nokia 7.1? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app!  

Nokia 7.1 – General FAQs Thread

matteo.m matteo.m
Staff member  /  edited November 2018

Own a Nokia 7.1? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app!

FAQs 

Smart Lock does not work/ disappeared after the last update. How do I get it back?

Go to Settings > Security & location > Trust agents; disable Smart Lock and restart your phone. After the restart enable Smart Lock again and your Smart Lock should be up running again.

Why are there no specific Nokia built in apps?

Nokia 7.1 is part of our ‘pure, secure and up-to-date’ pledge. This means providing a ‘pure Android’ experience, without any pre-installed apps or skins. Our consumers can pick exactly what applications they want on their phones.

When do I get the new Security Patch?

Google’s Security Patches are released monthly and depending on the hardware in your phone. As these releases have specific hardware dependencies, we will need to ensure your phone is fully supported before we can test and release those to the operator. Once the quality has been assured, the Security Patch will be delivered to your phone. Due to this, the Security Patches are dependent upon your device model, operator and also your location.

Is Nokia 7.1 part of Android One?

Yes

What are the benefits of Android One? 

With Android One your phone is guaranteed monthly security updates for at least 3 years after the initial phone release.

I still haven’t received an update, even though it was announced. What can I do?

Is there a possibility to hide the Notch on the Nokia 7.1?

We will enable setting to black out the notch in an upcoming update. 

Software rollouts are a phased process so the timing of Android upgrades will vary by country and operator. In case you haven’t received your update yet, get in touch with our support team to learn more about it.

Support: https://www.nokia.com/phones/support

Official Support App:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.support   
Tagged:

Comments

• when will it available on the Swiss market?
  • aspen aspen
    ✭✭  / 
    I was able to fix a serious low call volume issue by following this advice from support.

Let’s go Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Phone-> Force stop -> Storage -> Clear cache -> Go back to app info -> Select the 3 dots on top right of the screen -> uninstall updates -> Restart the phone (Then hold the Power Button + Button Volume UP for 10 seconds until your phone will switch OFF - release the keys.)

I see others here have or had the same problem. 

• lnwj lnwj
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    I was able to fix the low call volume by disabling Enhanced 4G LTE Mode for voice calls, may or may not be there depending on your SIM card. Once the little VoLTE icon is gone from the notification shade, calls were loud again. Maybe some kinda bug?

• ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    When is Nokia going to fix the apparently widespread issue with the Smart Lock trust agent?
  • ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    Is Nokia still promising Android Pie by the end of November for the 7.1?
  • ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    Why no Android 8.1 November security update for the 7.1?
  • as210 as210
    ✭✭  / 
    Why my nokia 7.1 is taking 3.5 hours to fully charge the phone ?
  • Shashi R Shashi R
    ✭✭  / 
    My battery is draining so fast i want to resolve this issue right now what i should do?
  • naveen b naveen b
    ✭✭  / 
    Wheather all Nokia 7.1 has heating issue? 
  • Why the phone not having the feature 'Tethering & Portable hotspot'' ?. Without this feature, I am not able to connect my mobile data with laptop.??  ( Only USB Tethering is available which means the phone keep on charging when I use the USB tethering which I do not prefer.)
  • I still have problem with Tethering portable hotspot. Data can be shared only through USB tethering which means all the time I have to keep the phone connected to Laptop via USB. Why Nokia is not taking action on this problem which is very important for those who constantly use 
    data from phone to Laptop. Connection via USB means the phone gets charging all the time.

All the other model phones I used previously has the portable tethering and now I regret buying this Nokia 7.1..!!
  • Boris Mitov Boris Mitov
    ✭✭  / 
    I still have problem with Tethering portable hotspot. Data can be shared only through USB tethering which means all the time I have to keep the phone connected to Laptop via USB. Why Nokia is not taking action on this problem which is very important for those who constantly use 
    data from phone to Laptop. Connection via USB means the phone gets charging all the time.

All the other model phones I used previously has the portable tethering and now I regret buying this Nokia 7.1..!!
    I have just used the wifi tethering on my Nokia 7.1. It is there under Settings>Network & Internet>Hotspot & tethering. This is on TA-1095 International version.
  • The version I have (recently launched in India) do not have Portable Tethering feature. It has got only USB Tethering. Anyone have Nokia Customer Care email address???
  • Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 7.1 does not support native Youtube HDR videos nor Netflix HDR then whats the point of including HDR 10 Compliant screen?
  • Also, I am not getting  missed call notification unless I unlock the phone. So, every time I need to check if anyone called in my absence, I have to unlock phone. Even cheaper Chinese  phones have all these features and I am not happy with this Nokia phone,,
  • Hngha Hngha
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia x7 ( china ) androi 9 . camera before error when calling messenger or zalo. Camera photos are disastrous
  • MattyTheFlyer MattyTheFlyer
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello,
    since I have no idea how to start a new thread (maybe I can't?) I am going to ask here. Does 7.1 support mirrorlink? I cant seem to find a single post about it on the internet  :| Thank you!
  • Tavsi Tavsi
    ✭✭  / 
    I am also not sure how to start a new thread haha. Just wondering why the dark mode in Android settings doesn't change notifications, the actual settings page, or the Google discover feed. Is this planned in a future update? 
  • Yashodhanr Yashodhanr
    ✭✭  / 
    as210 said:
    Why my nokia 7.1 is taking 3.5 hours to fully charge the phone ?

• Bat741 Bat741
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi lovely ppl is this phone worth the price of $200 3gb variant I found it on sale.
    I am resonable at this price I am looking for a phone that works normaly day to to day usage with no lagging and I don't care about gaming or camera so is this phone acceptable in terms of quality? I heard the nokia 5.1 plus and 6.1 have a usb and charging problem, kindly let me know what u think?
  • Ash305 Ash305
    ✭✭  / 
    matteo.m said:

Own a Nokia 7.1? Need help with something? Please find
    below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and
    support app!

FAQs 

Smart Lock does not work/ disappeared after the last
    update. How do I get it back?

Go to Settings > Security
    & location > Trust agents; disable Smart Lock and restart your phone.
    After the restart enable Smart Lock again and your Smart Lock should be up
    running again.

Nokia 7.1 is part of our ‘pure, secure and up-to-date’
    pledge. This means providing a ‘pure Android’ experience, without any
    pre-installed apps or skins. Our consumers can pick exactly what applications
    they want on their phones.

Google’s Security Patches are
    released monthly and depending on the hardware in your phone. As these releases
    have specific hardware dependencies, we will need to ensure your phone is fully
    supported before we can test and release those to the operator. Once the
    quality has been assured, the Security Patch will be delivered to your phone.
    Due to this, the Security Patches are dependent upon your device model,
    operator and also your location.

Is Nokia 7.1 part of Android One?

Yes

What are the benefits of Android One? With Android One your phone is guaranteed monthly
    security updates for at least 3 years after the initial phone release.

I still haven’t received an update, even though it was announced. What can I
    do?

Is there a possibility to
    hide the Notch on the Nokia 7.1?

We will enable setting to black out the notch in an upcoming
    update. Software rollouts are a phased process so the timing of Android upgrades
    will vary by country and operator. In case you haven’t received your update
    yet, get in touch with our support team to learn more about it.

Support:
    https://www.nokia.com/phones/support

Official Support App: 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.support   

matteo.m said:

Own a Nokia 7.1? Need help with something? Please find
    below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and
    support app!

FAQs 

Smart Lock does not work/ disappeared after the last
    update. How do I get it back?

Go to Settings > Security
    & location > Trust agents; disable Smart Lock and restart your phone.
    After the restart enable Smart Lock again and your Smart Lock should be up
    running again.

Nokia 7.1 is part of our ‘pure, secure and up-to-date’
    pledge. This means providing a ‘pure Android’ experience, without any
    pre-installed apps or skins. Our consumers can pick exactly what applications
    they want on their phones.

Google’s Security Patches are
    released monthly and depending on the hardware in your phone. As these releases
    have specific hardware dependencies, we will need to ensure your phone is fully
    supported before we can test and release those to the operator. Once the
    quality has been assured, the Security Patch will be delivered to your phone.
    Due to this, the Security Patches are dependent upon your device model,
    operator and also yourloInbuilt sound enhancements required
  • Tavsi Tavsi
    ✭✭  / 
    Also why doesn't the Nokia 7.1 support the LDAC codec, considering it is free to implement and part of the AOSP? 
  • Hi, if I download a game or app my phone randomly saves pictures to my phone of people's profile pics which are no benefit to me whatsoever or saves videos from adverts.... Anyone know how to stop this? Thanks 
  • Rahul Narkhede Rahul Narkhede
    ✭✭  / 
    The battery drains very fast. Is this a software issue or should I get my phone checked/replaced? 
  • Chethan0210 Chethan0210
    ✭✭  / 
    It has the same processor as 6.1+ has but y so costly than that ? Just for Zeiss lens ? That's funny 
  • FinnCoding FinnCoding
    ✭✭  / 
    The battery drains very fast. Is this a software issue or should I get my phone checked/replaced? 
    Same issue here.