Nokia 8 Sirocco – General FAQs Thread

Own a Nokia 8 Sirocco? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app!  

Nokia 8 Sirocco – General FAQs Thread

Own a Nokia 8 Sirocco? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app!

FAQs

Smart Lock does not work/ disappeared after the last update. How do I get it back?

Go to Settings > Security & location > Trust agents; disable Smart Lock and restart your phone. After the restart enable Smart Lock again and your Smart Lock should be up running again.

Why are there no specific Nokia built in apps?

Nokia 8 Sirocco is part of our ‘pure, secure and up-to-date’ pledge. This means providing a ‘pure Android’ experience, without any pre-installed apps or skins. Our consumers can pick exactly what applications they want on their phones.

When do I get the new Security Patch? 

Google’s Security Patches are released monthly and depending on the hardware in your phone. As these releases have specific hardware dependencies, we will need to ensure your phone is fully supported before we can test and release those to the operator. Once the quality has been assured, the Security Patch will be delivered to your phone. Due to this, the Security Patches are dependent upon your device model, operator and also your location.

Is Nokia 8 Sirocco part of Android One?

Yes

What are the benefits of Android One?

With Android One your phone is guaranteed monthly security updates for at least 3 years after the initial phone release.

I still haven’t received an update, even though it was announced. What can I do?

Software rollouts are a phased process so the timing of Android upgrades will vary by country and operator. In case you haven’t received your update yet, get in touch with our support team to learn more about it.

Support: https://www.nokia.com/phones/support

Official Support App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.support

Comments

• Hi any update when's android 9 updates coming for Sirocco?
  • Hi any update when's android 9 updates coming for Sirocco?
    hi bro, just wait for next update  ;)
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi any update when's android 9 updates coming for Sirocco?

• Nokia again failed to fulfill its promise for providing update on time. December is started and there is no news for Android pie for sirocco 8.
  • Nokia charging top class prices for bottom class services, not a welcome return, I am going to give pixel phone's a try. At least I will get updates when promised.

• Fail again.. no pie 
  • Happy New Year! Successful sales in the new year!
  • I thought nokia sirocco is what i want. Android one and fast updates sounds great. So I bought myself one, but now I'm just disappointed. Samsung lies in front of an android one mobile no and no.
  • Hi, i am desperate to know on how will i fix my broken screen. I purchased the unit in France and currently living here in the Philippines. And they cant help me due to sirocco hasn't been released here in the Philippines what is the best option I can do? Thanks so much in advance
  • Akhs Akhs
     / 
    New year, old life! A proverb says: who starts well is half the work. Nokia has started very badly, let alone if the second door!
  • Akhs Akhs
     / 
    An old Chinese evidence, he says: if you want to see your enemy dead, sit on the bank of the river and you will see him pass. I wait for Nokia 8 sirocco with Pie !!
  • Akhs Akhs
     / 
    Says a saying: those of hope live, desperate dies!
  • Akhs Akhs
     / 
    Android Pie on Nokia 8 sirocco? He died of old age!
  • Akhs Akhs
     / 
    Do you know why it's called Sirocco? Because he had to be carried by the wind, in fact he flew in the desert with his friend Pie, tender Pie!
  • matteo.m said:

FAQs

Smart Lock does not work/ disappeared after the last update. How do I get it back?

Go to Settings > Security & location > Trust agents; disable Smart Lock and restart your phone. After the restart enable Smart Lock again and your Smart Lock should be up running again.

Nokia 8 Sirocco is part of our ‘pure, secure and up-to-date’ pledge. This means providing a ‘pure Android’ experience, without any pre-installed apps or skins. Our consumers can pick exactly what applications they want on their phones.

When do I get the new Security Patch? 

Google’s Security Patches are released monthly and depending on the hardware in your phone. As these releases have specific hardware dependencies, we will need to ensure your phone is fully supported before we can test and release those to the operator. Once the quality has been assured, the Security Patch will be delivered to your phone. Due to this, the Security Patches are dependent upon your device model, operator and also your location.

Is Nokia 8 Sirocco part of Android One?

Yes

What are the benefits of Android One?

With Android One your phone is guaranteed monthly security updates for at least 3 years after the initial phone release.

I still haven’t received an update, even though it was announced. What can I do?

Software rollouts are a phased process so the timing of Android upgrades will vary by country and operator. In case you haven’t received your update yet, get in touch with our support team to learn more about it.

Support: https://www.nokia.com/phones/support

Official Support App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.support

Hello everyone!
    My concern is that nobody deigns, even to answer about dates for launch or what the reasons for all this delay ... Much has been speculated on this topic and sincerely no longer want to know!
    In my opinion, this is what it is all about:
    HMD / Nokia should have been a little ashamed of the way it is treating Nokia 8 Sirocco customers.
    I have already regretted spending 869 euros on a device that has not yet had an update for Android Pie ... Worse, I bought this device for being on the Android One program, and supposedly offer an android software solution in its purest state and always updated!
    Because for 869 euros I had other solutions with more updated Hardware.
    Is this how you want to compete with manufacturers like Samsung and Apple?
    Best Regards from Portugal!
  • Akhs Akhs
     / 
    there is a saying that says: with hindsight, the pits are full! Unfortunately, by now it's late, we can not do anything anymore .... in fact maybe we can, we do not buy more Nokia smartphones! As I said in my other posts, the problem that Nokia has is the lack of communication, this is what makes me angry. Until today Sirocco has not disappointed me, I'm happy to own it, I also said that in doubt I would prefer to stay with Android 8.1, and not risk having Pie but with many bugs !!
  • Looks to me like HMD are now really starting to sink, would say I hope I get the Sirocco pie update before they go under but honestly could not care less now, enough is enough Nokia.
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Akhs said:
    there is a saying that says: with hindsight, the pits are full! Unfortunately, by now it's late, we can not do anything anymore .... in fact maybe we can, we do not buy more Nokia smartphones! As I said in my other posts, the problem that Nokia has is the lack of communication, this is what makes me angry. Until today Sirocco has not disappointed me, I'm happy to own it, I also said that in doubt I would prefer to stay with Android 8.1, and not risk having Pie but with many bugs !!
    I second that. I'd be happy if I'd be informed about reasons if the delay. So it seems that nobody cares.
  • Akhs Akhs
     / 
    The truth is that unfortunately for us the Nokia Sirocco was a failure for Nokia / HMD, they did not have a positive response from the market! Except of course! They have moved their interest on cheaper smartphones, I'm sure we will have Android Pie, but we will have it with many bugs. They already have Pie working on other devices, They will give us the sop and then they will abandon us permanently. The Nokia Sirocco is no longer in production.
  • dorso dorso
    ✭✭  / 
    Akhs said:
    The truth is that unfortunately for us the Nokia Sirocco was a failure for Nokia / HMD, they did not have a positive response from the market! Except of course! They have moved their interest on cheaper smartphones, I'm sure we will have Android Pie, but we will have it with many bugs. They already have Pie working on other devices, They will give us the sop and then they will abandon us permanently. The Nokia Sirocco is no longer in production.
    It is partly true. I think Android 9 is not bad on my sirocco, actually flawless at first sight. I have only one day, but I have not noticed any errors although I attach great importance to everything working as it should! 

Best regards 

Dorso
  • X Dorso: first of all I thank you for having given your opinion, despite being partially in disagreement with me, many put the sign of disagreement without comment. I do not know how you could get the update, in Europe it still has not arrived. Also I hope that there are no problems, I think it is the wish of all of us, I have always complained especially for the lack of communication from Nokia / HMD. Unfortunately I confirm that the nokia sirocco is no longer in production, in Europe on the store of the nokia site, you can not buy anymore. Sincerely
  • dorso dorso
    ✭✭  / 
    Akhs said:
    X Dorso: first of all I thank you for having given your opinion, despite being partially in disagreement with me, many put the sign of disagreement without comment. I do not know how you could get the update, in Europe it still has not arrived. Also I hope that there are no problems, I think it is the wish of all of us, I have always complained especially for the lack of communication from Nokia / HMD. Unfortunately I confirm that the nokia sirocco is no longer in production, in Europe on the store of the nokia site, you can not buy anymore. Sincerely
    There is a discussion in the forum about the update.
    I have manually installed the OTA file.

Some devices are not in the store.
    but yes, why should you continue to produce the device?
    There are certainly enough remainders and it has not sold so well.

Best regards
    dOrso
  • anirban banerjee anirban banerjee
    ✭✭  /  edited January 14
    Pie rollout happened in India 3 days back. Should be rolling out in many other regions across the globe now. No issues so far. Battery life improved. Full featured update with Digital Well Being, Gray Scale, Wind Down, et al. Camera with Pro mode as is, no improvement/change.
    All old features like DDTW and auto/manual Night light still in place.
    To all the others who are patiently/impatiently waiting...it should be worth the wait...you'll get your update OTA as well.
  • Considering there are not known to be many Sirocco users, it would appear Nokia are really hanging back over this update, why not just roll it out to all Sirocco users at once. Another kick from Nokia/HMD the phone company with NO customer service.
  • Bernard Dominik Bernard Dominik
    ✭✭  /  edited January 26

If you are a European user you Will get no android one app like a china koligs. It means one can have it second not. Sirocco mean china usera are smarter and they deser for Phone persnalisation. Tell nokia 🛑 stop we are the same nation as well. Give us the same soft to. 

• Mekan5500 Mekan5500
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi, how I can put weather to screen? Shall I download it from market?
  • Diego Beffa Diego Beffa
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello, sorry to post here but I do not find the way to create a new thread.
    Is anyone else experiencing the "shading" of the home button with Pie?
    See the attached images:
  • Will the sirocco get android q in the future? 
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    See the attached images:
    What images, dude? 🤣
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 

If you are a European user you Will get no android one app like a china koligs. It means one can have it second not. Sirocco mean china usera are smarter and they deser for Phone persnalisation. Tell nokia 🛑 stop we are the same nation as well. Give us the same soft to. 

Your Google-translated English is not very good, buddy.  🤣
    Btw, we are the same nation as Chinese? So, you're saying that all the people on Earth are actually Chinese? Trump would not agree with you.  😆