Nokia 8 Sirocco – General FAQs Thread - Page 2

(Quote) 
Yes, as it's part of the Android One program.

Nokia 8 Sirocco – General FAQs Thread

Comments

• Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  / 
    Dominish said:
    Will the sirocco get android q in the future? 
    Yes, as it's part of the Android One program.
  • espio999 espio999
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi!
    We will receive android 10 in Q1 next year as Mr. Sarvikas, Juho tweeted today
    https://twitter.com/sarvikas/status/1164528557613207552
  • After I upgrade my phone and it installed start up again asked my android password and after asked me phone password again and I entered it its now telling me incorrect password
  • s4s88 s4s88
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello !

I am new to the site. I just bought a Sirocco.
    I saw on some website that the Sirocco exists with two nano sim (dual sim). I can not find anywhere in purchase?
    I know there are two model Nokia Sirocco TA-1005 and TA-1042.
    TA-1005 europe Ta-1042 China ?? That's right?
    But what with dual sim and where can I buy?
    I have to contact HMD NOKIA by message but do not want to answer me?

Thank you your answers
  • valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 
    There is no dual SIM version, only single SIM. 
  • s4s88 s4s88
    ✭✭  / 
    > @valyo_bg said:
    > There is no dual SIM version, only single SIM. 

https://www.phonemore.com/specs/nokia/8-sirocco/
  • valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 
    This is a fake information. Before buying of my Nokia I have conversation with Nokia support regarding dual SIM version. Official answer was - there is no dual SIM version and no planned to make. Only single SIM Nokia 8 Sirocco.
  • Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  / 
    I looked into that at the time, and indeed, no dual SIM.
  • s4s88 s4s88
    ✭✭  / 
    Pyves said:
    I looked into that at the time, and indeed, no dual SIM.
    Too bad ;(
  • Ritik Dhabekar Ritik Dhabekar
    ✭✭  / 

Hey everyone I am new here, came here cause I am a big Nokia fan although haven't bought a Nokia phone in years because of obvious reasons. Now that Nokia started producing some good smartphones I wanted to buy one but now Nokia is again developing some very disappointing phones with big round cameras at back and giving notches and stuff. I would really like a phone with no notch or popup camera or a punch hole camera, I am not even a selfie person , the design of Nokia 8 sirocco was the best only if Nokia just upgrade the specks in Nokia 8 sirocco it will sell like hotdogs. Some people don't need big camera resolution or anything we just need durable , good looking, fast and focusing on other high specs rather than cameras. I mean nowadays it's like we are buying cameras which also functions as smartphones not smartphones which includes a camera. It would be nice to have at least have one model focusing specs like these. Just wishing that 8.2 model doesn't have a bumped round camera as the rumours suggest. Hope some people agree with me who are actually reading this long text.

• Saurezz Bt Saurezz Bt
    ✭✭  / 

When will Nokia 8 Sirocco receive android 10 update? any ideas?

• Nobody is gonna answer you here. That is the law on this site. I am waiting for some answers two years ago 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Axtten Axtten
    ✭✭  / 

I have now purchased two Nokia Sirroco 8 handsets and both had been extremely well cared for and never dropped or mistreated.

Both have developed the exact same screen fault that you can see here and in other images that have been posted by users. In both cases the fault started at the power button area of the screen and eventually spread with dead pixels, lines and flickering display. This eventually lead to the entire top half of the screen failing completely and finally the entire screen going black on both handsets.

This is obviously an engineering fault and on a phone that retailed for over $1000 in Australia, this is simply not acceptable.

I have had one handset replaced, only to have another fail. I expect over time my third Sirocco will also fail in exactly the same manner, I have no faith in the screen engineering of this model, it was not built fit for purpose. The flaws on both played out in exactly the manner. This is for a handset that is not even a year old. The screen is poorly engineered and Nokia should be offering a completely reengineered Sirocco 8 handset to all customers of this phone. I loved Nokia and especially their original Windows Phones and have been a very long time buyer of their phones but this model while the most beautiful phone currently available is very flawed. The screen is an abomination.