Welcome to Beta Labs - Page 2

@HMD_Laura, could HMD please explain why the existence of beta labs is not 
consistent? For example, according to the roadmap:

Welcome to Beta Labs

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    @HMD_Laura, could HMD please explain why the existence of beta labs is not consistent? For example, according to the roadmap:

We know that the update to Android 9 is currently being worked on for the Nokia 1 and 3 but there is no beta labs. Many other models had the update to Android 9 released without going through beta labs. Why the inconsistency?

It's very confusing to people that you publish the existence of beta labs, publish a roadmap for updates of phones to Android 9, then don't actually open up beta labs to allow people to participate, give HMD useful feedback and ultimately improve the Android 9 experience on their phones.
  • Seedubya Seedubya
    ✭✭  / 
    May i ask why the latest download of Beta Q for the Nokia 8.1refers to the snapdragon 660 but the nokia 8.1 is a snapdragon 710?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    How can i join in the 5.1plus beta lab
    Hi, there are currently no experiments available for the Nokia 5.1 Plus. Or to be exact, there are no devices receiving any experimental builds right now via the beta labs.
  • Hi,
    I own a Nokia 8.1 since yesterday and was very eager to try out the Android Q beta. When signing in, I am told that my phone ist not supporting Android Beta Labs. Can you tell me what's the problem? Are there only limited places for beta testing or is my IMEI kind of special?
  • HMDLaura HMDLaura
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    Hi @loneclone

Android Q is just available as Android Developer preview (you can register >here<). But please be aware this is really just meant for Developers and the software should not be used as a daily driver yet. 

Also check out the dedicated ADP thread with the known issue list: >ADP Q< 

Best regards, 
    Laura 
  • Hey ich würde sehr gerne für das Nokia 3.4 Android Beta Tester werden und dabei helfen sowie Verbesserung melden LG Felix

• Philipp93 Philipp93
    ✭✭  / 

Soweit ich weiß, gab es Betaversionen nur bei Android 10. Du kannst aber an den #campfire Umfragen teilnehmen. Da werden wohl auch User ausgewählt, die Produkte testen dürfen. Allgemein wird hier im Forum nur in Englisch geschrieben, das gehöhrt auch zu den Forumsregeln.