Nokia 2 - General FAQs Thread

Own a Nokia 2? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app!   FAQs  

Nokia 2 - General FAQs Thread

matteo.m matteo.m
Staff member  / 

Own a Nokia 2? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app!

FAQs

Smart Lock does not work/ disappeared after the last update. How do I get it back? 

Go to Settings > Security & location > Trust agents; disable Smart Lock and restart your phone. After the restart enable Smart Lock again and your Smart Lock should be up running again.

Why are there no specific Nokia built in apps? 

Nokia 2 is part of our 'pure, secure, and up-to-date' pledge. This means the OS is delivered in its purest form, without any pre-installed apps or skins. Our consumers can pick exactly what applications they want on their phones.

When do I get the new Security Patch?

Google’s Security Patches are released monthly and depending on the hardware in your phone. As these releases have specific hardware dependencies, we will need to ensure your phone is fully supported before we can test and release those to the operator. Once the quality has been assured, the Security Patch will be delivered to your phone. Due to this, the Security Patches are dependent upon your device model, operator and also your location.

I still haven’t received an update, even though it was announced. What can I do?

Software rollouts are a phased process so the timing of Android upgrades will vary by country and operator. In case you haven’t received your update yet, get in touch with our support team to learn more about it.

Support: https://www.nokia.com/phones/support

Official Support App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.support

Tagged:

Comments

• manishh manishh
    ✭✭  / 
    Its been an year now ..still no stable oreo go? When you gonna update that ? At the time of android Q update ? .
  • When Nokia 2 will get android oreo stable update??
  • han han
    ✭✭  / 
    Ketik komentar Anda
  • Why doesn't  Nokia  2 have multi tasking?  Apps in background is killed after some time. Background manager cannot solve problem. 
  • han han
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 2 saya melambat kinerjanya. Padahal aplikasinya tidaklah banyak.Internal sudah bebas 2gb. Os.Oreo beta terbaru dan patch keamanan bulan November. Why..give me solutions.
  • The update process is very slow. I'm still stuck at October 1 security patch. The Tecno device I also have is at December 5, and they did not promise any regular updates 
  • manishh manishh
    ✭✭  / 
    Can i knw where the f*ck are the updates? Its been an year now where is the stable oreo? Its a piece of sh*t with nougat please understand guyz .stop fooling us for a whole year ..come on.  . Are you even looking at posts ? 
  • manishh manishh
    ✭✭  / 
    Fuc*ing hilarious update strategy nokia .nice .
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 25
    manishh said:
    Hello User,This type of issue may be common in every smartphone industry,but you can feel good that atleast Every Nokia Mobile Gets monthly security patch.Only Very Few companies Will Provide Time to Time updates.Also in the case of budget phones Only This company stands to keep every device uptodate

Regarding OS upgrades,All the Budget were punished with a Preinstalled OS only even they don't get Security/software update but This company can guarantee you with Updates.

So I may suggest to Not to be taken serious regarding these type of issue
  • manishh manishh
    ✭✭  / 
    manishh said:
    Hello User,This type of issue may be common in every smartphone industry,but you can feel good that atleast Every Nokia Mobile Gets monthly security patch.Only Very Few companies Will Provide Time to Time updates.Also in the case of budget phones Only This company stands to keep every device uptodate

Regarding OS upgrades,All the Budget were punished with a Preinstalled OS only even they don't get Security/software update but This company can guarantee you with Updates.

Look, my main reason behind purchasing this phone was to use android Go. .cuz at that time they were advertising it like its gonna get it real soon but .after waiting for a whole year .wht do we get? Same security patches for the same **** software .? .isnt that misleading to consumers when at that time they talked about the updates ??
    Am jst waiting for xda devs to make a custom rom .cuz if those guyz can do it .then nokia professionals can definately do it better .nokia is still great but not with this device specifically. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    manishh said:
    manishh said:

Look, my main reason behind purchasing this phone was to use android Go. .cuz at that time they were advertising it like its gonna get it real soon but .after waiting for a whole year .wht do we get? Same security patches for the same **** software .? .isnt that misleading to consumers when at that time they talked about the updates ??
    Am jst waiting for xda devs to make a custom rom .cuz if those guyz can do it .then nokia professionals can definately do it better .nokia is still great but not with this device specifically. 
    If you think that Company has misleads you then it's your mistake.

For a budget mobile so many challenges need to face as it shipped with 1GB RAM and stock android.and also stock android support only stock android os updates.thats the real fact why HMD was unable to give Go Edition os to Nokia 2.Main point is that HMD was fighted to give Oreo 8.1 With RAM optimized but Injecting the GO element in stock android makes the device unrecognized.also it may face a severe problems in future.With that reason Every Nokia 2 user was facing this issue.All these issue were faced by beta tester during six months of Beta labs for Nokia 2.Being A beta tester i also faced such worst issue that happened.

Coming to XDA,every advanced technical developers also try to analyze the software and hardware components carefully and then if possible they will test the Device.Even before download XDA members give us warning that no responsibility will be taken for your action taken.also there is no guarantee that if they provide custom rom of go variants and being installed you may not get optimize experience.
    Hope You may understood
  • Official News from HMD Global ®
    Nokia 2 has a faster and better experience with Nougat 7.1.1, they will provide 2 options for users:
    1- Stay on Nougat release and receive monthly security updates
    2- Upgrade to Oreo trough a web Page downloader (not via OTA)
    Oreo is heavier than Nougat so if you will updgrade you will notice worst performances than Nougat.

More info soon, Oreo Stable will be shortly realeased

• manishh manishh
    ✭✭  / 
    manishh said:
    manishh said:

If you think that Company has misleads you then it's your mistake.

For a budget mobile so many challenges need to face as it shipped with 1GB RAM and stock android.and also stock android support only stock android os updates.thats the real fact why HMD was unable to give Go Edition os to Nokia 2.Main point is that HMD was fighted to give Oreo 8.1 With RAM optimized but Injecting the GO element in stock android makes the device unrecognized.also it may face a severe problems in future.With that reason Every Nokia 2 user was facing this issue.All these issue were faced by beta tester during six months of Beta labs for Nokia 2.Being A beta tester i also faced such worst issue that happened.

Coming to XDA,every advanced technical developers also try to analyze the software and hardware components carefully and then if possible they will test the Device.Even before download XDA members give us warning that no responsibility will be taken for your action taken.also there is no guarantee that if they provide custom rom of go variants and being installed you may not get optimize experience.
    Hope You may understood
    Its their fault they didn't understand earlier about this problem ..even i tested all the beta .even i tried to make it my daily driver but all that bug and that performance its useless.and i knw they are gonna provide the same oreo built with some bug fixes and with no ram and storage management ...how can it be my fault if they can't provide what they promised?  
    Secondly , if xda devs had made something i would'hv switched cuz even if that would be buggy .it will be much better .if you have use a custom rom before  then you know what i mean .
  • I have a nokia 2. But Iam really frustrated. It is very bad phone. Nothing update & hang any time.
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 29
    manishh said:
    Its their fault they didn't understand earlier about this problem ..even i tested all the beta .even i tried to make it my daily driver but all that bug and that performance its useless.and i knw they are gonna provide the same oreo built with some bug fixes and with no ram and storage management ...how can it be my fault if they can't provide what they promised? 
    Secondly , if xda devs had made something i would'hv switched cuz even if that would be buggy .it will be much better .if you have use a custom rom before  then you know what i mean .
    So if the company although they broke the promise they didn't meant that they don't provide updates and stability improvements for a device??
    coming to the issue Here everyone tried to give their best to make a stable version of oreo of ram optimized but here issue got is that stock android handset cannot dissolve the go edition codes that's the main one why they failed
    Also The word Fault is being used as there you mentioned "my main reason behind purchasing this phone was to use android Go. .cuz at that time they were advertising it like its gonna get it real soon".here If you have read any articles there will mentioned that device will get OS along with go optimization means the device will have Normal OS with a replacement of GO edition RAM MANAGEMENT codes only .Doesn't mean that it gets complete Go edition.with these you will have access to get complete go apps only and an increased ram of 250-350MB(max.)which can run apps smoothly.
    If they done also, the processor need to perform it well but having Snapdragon 212 soc there may be a issue araised!!!
    Also regarding XDA,there i used custom rom is due to the most of the developers will try to provide the OS which were based on CYANOGEN AND LINEAGE type.these are look similar but have compatibility issue if they ported into nokia models.even some of beta tester after they ported got their phone bricked and also makes the phone unused .thats what i meant to say.Hope you may understood.
  • manishh manishh
    ✭✭  / 
    manishh said:
    So if the company although they broke the promise they didn't meant that they don't provide updates and stability improvements for a device??
    coming to the issue Here everyone tried to give their best to make a stable version of oreo of ram optimized but here issue got is that stock android handset cannot dissolve the go edition codes that's the main one why they failed
    Also The word Fault is being used as there you mentioned "my main reason behind purchasing this phone was to use android Go. .cuz at that time they were advertising it like its gonna get it real soon".here If you have read any articles there will mentioned that device will get OS along with go optimization means the device will have Normal OS with a replacement of GO edition RAM MANAGEMENT codes only .Doesn't mean that it gets complete Go edition.with these you will have access to get complete go apps only and an increased ram of 250-350MB(max.)which can run apps smoothly.
    If they done also, the processor need to perform it well but having Snapdragon 212 soc there may be a issue araised!!!
    Also regarding XDA,there i used custom rom is due to the most of the developers will try to provide the OS which were based on CYANOGEN AND LINEAGE type.these are look similar but have compatibility issue if they ported into nokia models.even some of beta tester after they ported got their phone bricked and also makes the phone unused .thats what i meant to say.Hope you may understood.
    That's totally fine man .i just wnt this phone to work great that's it .
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Dear user,
    Let me know after stable android Oreo 8.1 release, should I upgrade ? Or stay forever with Android nougat 7.1.1.
    @user1529613671146 You have two options as per HMD,Stay On Nougat or Upgrade to Oreo.if you want to enjoy the latest Features on your mobile head-up to Upgrade option else stay on nougat if you feel that device cannot handle Oreo OS as a daily driver.
    Also remember that untill the website for Nokia 2 been enabled no one can say exactly what to suggest.
    If possible you can wait for review for this device on latest os and then take wise decision according to that.Hope you may understood.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Android 8.1 Update for Nokia 2 Rolls out
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    How is it bro the beta version?
  • UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Is it running fast ? Or slow and battery drain fast as the beta version
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It is running fast battery is ok the only thing that is missing is the Android message it seems that it won't update in PlayStore but every thing is fine
  • nafi0000 nafi0000
     / 
    android 9.0 pie release for nokia 2?
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Unfortunately the Nokia 2 will not receive Android Pie due to it's hardware
  • manishh manishh
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey Nokia .please provide further updates .we hv been waiting so long .please its a requests ...sseriously man .a whole year passed but
  • You Tube official app can't find play store after hard reset in Oreo 8.1
  • Google official app can't find play store
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Google official app can't find play store
    it may be due to beta build which HMD has pushed as stable build.Hope it will fix in next MR/SP update 
  • user356038084090406 user356038084090406
    ✭✭  /  edited March 15
    when possible ?