Nokia 2 - General FAQs Thread - Page 2

user356038084090406 said: Google official app can't find play store

Nokia 2 - General FAQs Thread

Comments

• Google official app can't find play store
    it may be due to beta build which HMD has pushed as stable build.Hope it will fix in next MR/SP update 
  • user356038084090406 user356038084090406
     /  edited March 15
    when possible ?
  • when march month security patch update release for Nokia 2 Oreo 8.1?
  • Hello everyone,i would like to tell you that if any one has downgraded your device to Android Nougat,then check your device warranty in support app or in the nokia support page by typing the IMEI details.this is to tell you that one of our community member has lost his warranty after being downgraded to Nougat that's why.
    "Requested to take this seriously"
  • Hello everyone,i would like to tell you that if any one has downgraded your device to Android Nougat,then check your device warranty in support app or in the nokia support page by typing the IMEI details.this is to tell you that one of our community member has lost his warranty after being downgraded to Nougat that's why.
    "Requested to take this seriously"
    Hi Legend, sorry for late response I did revert back Oreo 8.1 to nougat 7.1.1,now nougat update heavier ( 1050 mb ) then before ( 950 mb ) with stuck on January security patch 2019. I went recovery mode to wipe data factory reset and Wipe cache partition but I find Oreo 8.1 recovery option instead of nougat 7.1.1 then I turn of device and perform factory reset via setting.
    I contacted Nokia support team for latest security (February) patch they told me hard reset your device it will available but no use I didn't find update, After one month Oreo 8.1 use I find nougat os slow and laggy ( boring ) finally once again I upgraded Oreo 8.1 but I didn't find any warranty issues, I purchased this device on June 2018 and I still have warranty active.thanks for guidance.
  • @user1529613671146 hello,thank you for the response but if you have checked it before upgrading again to Oreo 8.1 then i will be more useful data you may given.anyways thanks for responding
  • @user1529613671146 hello,thank you for the response but if you have checked it before upgrading again to Oreo 8.1 then i will be more useful data you may given.anyways thanks for responding
    Hello there, after downgraded to nougat update, I checked Nokia my phone app regarding device warranty but no problem still active, but forgot to take screenshots.feeling sorry now!!!,,🙏
  • Hello,If anyone is in Nokia 2 running on Android 7.1.1 here is the news March 2019 SP has released.sad thing is no news on March 2019 SP for Android 8.1.(Source:Twitter)

• Hello,If anyone is in Nokia 2 running on Android 7.1.1 here is the news March 2019 SP has released.sad thing is no news on March 2019 SP for Android 8.1.(Source:Twitter)

Happy to hear about Nokia 2 (nougat) March 2019 security patch update, but screenshot mistakenly March 2018 SP updated.
  • @user1529613671146 hello,sorry to say that there is a mistake in the info regarding security patch but you can check the update if available and attach a screenshot
  • Cant find out how to start a new thread but my problem is that after downloading latest updates my Nokia 2 now wont turn on. Have tried various options eg holding down vol key and power up but nothing happens. Phone is fully charged. (Also when connected via USB to computer the file directory doesn't no show a device as being connected which I would normally see implying it is totally (?) dead.

Any adnive?

Thanks
  • Cant find out how to start a new thread but my problem is that after downloading latest updates my Nokia 2 now wont turn on. Have tried various options eg holding down vol key and power up but nothing happens. Phone is fully charged. (Also when connected via USB to computer the file directory doesn't no show a device as being connected which I would normally see implying it is totally (?) dead.

Any adnive?

Thanks
    Hello user, sorry to hear about device injury if possible try the following tips
    1) FORCE TO RE START - hold power button and volume UP ( long press for 30 second ) when you see ANDROID logo release both buttons ( don't connect USB charger ) that's it DONE.

2) RECOVERY MODE - device off connect USB CABLE hold power button and volume UP ( long press for 20 second ) when Android logo appears release POWER button only still hold volume up release when you see Android ROBOT now you released both button finally long press POWER BUTTON & only one time press VOLUME UP now you can see RECOVERY MODE ( carefully follow it's Android Oreo 8.1 recovery mode ).
  • March month security pitch update can release for nokia 2?
    I can't get update
    when its update release?
    What can i do now?
  • Hello users,important update for nokia 2 users from @HMD_Laura
    HMD_Laura said:
    Hi all, 
    also to keep the Nokia 2 users up to date I got information concerning the March SP. 
    There was a one-time issue in rolling out March security update for Nokia 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 2 due to the addition of new test cases and together with Google, we decided to take extra time to review before releasing the update. The four impacted products will receive March security patch in the coming week. 

Best regards, 
    Laura
  • Are you there Laura ?🤔🤔🤔

Let's us know..... what's the exact situation of Nokia 2 running on optional android Oreo 8.1 ( December 2018 security patch ) upgrade.
    Since February 2019 after Oreo update we get nothing 😴😴😴

We Nokia 2 owners deserved answers from HMDudes staff members.😠😠😠😠😠
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
     /  edited April 27
    @user1529613671146
    i think you forgot mentioning the name of the staff starting with "@".
  • TOPU TOPU
     / 
    So we need to unlock the Bootloader... We'll not receive security update so why we stay your build?... We need to root it and try ourselves
  • Did any one the SP/MR updates for Nokia 2(Oreo 8.1 Only)?if yes please attach a screenshot
  • Did any one the SP/MR updates for Nokia 2(Oreo 8.1 Only)?if yes please attach a screenshot
    Big.....No😭😭😭

Stuck with DECEMBER 2018 SP.
  • Nokia Security Patch page updated for Nokia 2- No signs of Oreo 8.1 SP release
  • Iniobong Imeh Iniobong Imeh
     / 
    HMD MEMBERS, please tell us about nokia 2 oreo 8.1......are we going to get security patch updates or we are going to remain with December security patch for 2018...
  • Nokia Security Patch page updated for Nokia 2- No signs of Oreo 8.1 SP release
    Did you notice the shocking thing....😱😱😱

HMD released Oreo 8.1 on February 2019 for Nokia 2 and we are talking about bugs and SP 2019 , But they don't even updated Nokia security patch page that Nokia 2 device running on OREO 8.1 with December 2018 SP.

Is that HOAX upgrade ???
  • @user1529613671146
    Due to Optional upgrade they doesn't update it in website.Also remember that website is global and Nokia 2 doesn't push the Oreo 8.1 to some countries and telecom operators.So that may be the reason for not updating it officially.
  • See the screenshot.
    Nokia 2 April security Update now available.
    But I can't get update.
    I am from Bangladesh(Asia)

• Any person tell me how to install source code on Nokia 2
  • Suddenly stuck the Nougat and restarted automatically many times😥 and had to Update to Oreo 😫 , don't like Oreo 👎
  • New patch for Oreo 8.1 is out. Dated 1 April 2019
  • TOPU TOPU
     / 
    May update released
  • TOPU said:
    May update released
    hello user,what exactly want to tell to user explain it clearly,looks like just to appear your ID here type few words and posted.this isn't the way the user expect.if you have anything to say whether it may be important or not explain it clearly.let the users look into your post and rest will happen as usual.