Nokia 2 - General FAQs Thread - Page 3

@user1529613671146 Yes Nokia Beta Labs also in offline mode.I have tried with network operator that i entered in Nokia Beta Labs but no roll back updates were…

Nokia 2 - General FAQs Thread

Comments

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 4
    @user1529613671146
    Yes Nokia Beta Labs also in offline mode.I have tried with network operator that i entered in Nokia Beta Labs but no roll back updates were received(Only for Reverting from Oreo V 1.15R)
  • I just stayed in "stuck on security patch April 2019" until now I still haven't received Oreo Update, I'm from Indonesia
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Deddy isk
    To receive Oreo 8.1 update you need to go to Android 8.1 Oreo for Nokia 2 Webpage ,Sign in using Google or Facebook ,Read the given instructions and precautions and then Enter the details for validation of the device and Tap on Request OTA update

Please note that right now Revert Back to Nougat Option is offline means if you want to revert then there is no chance of reverting officially so make careful decision and Do the upgrade process

Oreo 8.1 Update comes with Dec 2018 Security Patch and after wards You will get March and April combined Patch and then May 2019 Patch one after the other.Note that Here HMD has skipped January and February Security Patch
  • Manishhh Manishhh
    ✭✭  / 
    Guyz please help me , i tried to update my nokia 2 using vpn as i was stuck on january update and now my phone is not booting up , it is stuck on recovery mode , the recovery mode is working fine but my phone is not booting into the system it just comes back to recovery , what should i do now please help !ASAP 
    I THINK I AM ON US ROM NOW cuz the recovery log says locale as US
    What should i do? Should i try to get indian rom file and flash via external sd via recovery or wot ?
  • Manishhh Manishhh
    ✭✭  / 
    Should i get a full ta1011 firmware and flash it via sd card?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Manishhh
    Hello i would like to help you in this can you check the inbox in the community
  • user1527511378673 user1527511378673
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia screwed nokia 2 in its fu in. Nokia one got pie wtf about Nokia 2.  Tell us the truth and do noy bulshit us anymore
  • UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 2 running on nougat 7.1.1 received June 2019 SP , Update size 84.1 MB. Oreo 8.1 users still waiting.....
    Did they forgot about the oreo users ...... Again?!
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @UpdateNokia2

The ugly truth is Nokia 2 is HMD'S  unforgettable cursed device , They forcefully upgrade Oreo 8.1 otherwise nokia 2 owners are blessed with nougat 7.1.1 SP updates only.
    That's sad indeed , the only device that suffer while Nokia 1 enjoying pie 😔
  • Sayan Bhar Sayan Bhar
    ✭✭  / 
    @UpdateNokia2

Do you know Nokia 1 device will also get android Q , But we stuck on buggy half backed Oreo 8.1 😱
    who said that Nokia 1 will get Q update ?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Sayan Bhar
    Nokia 1 launched with Android 8.1 Go edition and it will get up to Android Q Go edition as per OS life cycle .
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @UpdateNokia2

Do you know Nokia 1 device will also get android Q , But we stuck on buggy half backed Oreo 8.1 😱
    2 OSes and the phone came with oreo 8.1 go edition and Nokia 1 just got pie go edition upgrade and will get Q go edition upgrade and it will die after that 
    But Nokia 2 stuck with oreo 8.1 only ! 
    Arrrgh people like hmd developers should go back to school again to learn number 2 is higher than number 1 
  • Sayan Bhar Sayan Bhar
    ✭✭  / 
    @UpdateNokia2

2 OSes and the phone came with oreo 8.1 go edition and Nokia 1 just got pie go edition upgrade and will get Q go edition upgrade and it will die after that 
    But Nokia 2 stuck with oreo 8.1 only ! 
    Arrrgh people like hmd developers should go back to school again to learn number 2 is higher than number 1 

I completely Agree with you , but it is not about number. the main problem is that Nokia 2 didn't come with Android Go Edition that's the problem..

• user1516119250933 user1516119250933
    ✭✭  / 
    HMD has updated  their security maintenance page and Luckily Nokia 2 running on nougat 7.1.1 blessed with June 2019 SP.

Nokia 2 running on Oreo 8.1 owners , what about us ? Anything to say ?
    This is like a trap.We don't even receive MR updates and we can't rollback..
    Totally dissatisfied..
    ✭✭✭  / 
    HMD has updated  their security maintenance page and Luckily Nokia 2 running on nougat 7.1.1 blessed with June 2019 SP.

Nokia 2 running on Oreo 8.1 owners , what about us ? Anything to say ?
    This is like a trap.We don't even receive MR updates and we can't rollback..
    Totally dissatisfied..
    For HMD it's fun to **** off it's customers , but them lesson will be learned soon when customers go for another brandings and them phones no one buy 
  • Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭  / 
    @HMD Global don't forget your promise what you already made and don't try to ignore Nokia 2 owners , they deserve more you must respect Nokia 2 customers and upgrade further OS updates , otherwise you are definitely going out of business soon without any doubt.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @HMD_Laura @matteo.m @megan @dipankar paul
    This is remind you that Since 2 months 7 days onwards Nokia 2 running on Oreo 8.1hasn't received the latest June 2019 and July 2019 Google Security Patch along with the maintenance release,still stuck in the May 2019 SP.Users staying in Oreo build have been facing this issue,Let us know whether HMD and Google is working on the MR update or same thing has been doing like the Android Pie?
  • Gustnado Gustnado
    ✭✭  / 
    @HMD Global @HMD_Laura @megan
    Just let's know why we Nokia 2 ( Oreo 8.1 ) users should follow your bogus slogan " PURE SECURE AND UPTO DATE " , you can see our device still stuck in the May 2019 SP.

We Nokia 2 running on Oreo 8.1 owner's want to see our device also update with latest July 2019 SP along with MR.
    You must release an official statement about Nokia 2 ( Oreo 8.1 ).
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    As per Nokia Security Maintenance Page ,Nokia 2 has got the July 2019 Update(Screenshot Below).Check your devices if anyone hasn't got the update yet.

• demonicshady demonicshady
    ✭✭  / 
    As per Nokia Security Maintenance Page ,Nokia 2 has got the July 2019 Update(Screenshot Below).Check your devices if anyone hasn't got the update yet.

Its only on Nougat
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited July 31
    @demonicshady
    Yes even what surprise is they silently pushed it for Nougat and for Oreo 8.1 they have completely forgot,disappointed thing
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Please note that this information is as per the "Nokia Security Maintenance Page" but since no official news publisher has published an article on Nokia 2 July Security page.Main intention to post this is to make you check your device who is in Nougat and Post the Update Pic in community/social media.Hope this is not for making you disagree nor for spam,abuse
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 3
    @Vak'o @Royal71143 @Moby.Chelsawy @Iniobong Imeh @UpdateNokia2

Hello,Here is the News-Android Oreo 8.1 Upgrade page has updated with new info see the image below

• Moby.Chelsawy Moby.Chelsawy
    ✭✭  / 
    this could mean two things, either they will release a new build or they killed the android oreo program for nokia 2 :(
    let's hope for the best, the decision about releasing oreo for nokia 2 was planned, so they wouldn't just do that and kill it :(
  • If HMD failed in Oreo build, they should give a free downgrade to Nougat thorugh Nokia care centres..
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello Every one,I just suggest not to make any type of misleads or some rumor because it is well known that Oreo 8.1 need a new build as most of the users are still have some bug and issues which need to be address it and also for new users need to get the New Build so may be they have removed the Build which comes with Seven months old December 2018 Google Security Patch.Until we get the official note please don't let the post divert to an extent.
    ✭✭✭  / 

Hello,Here is the News-Android Oreo 8.1 Upgrade page has updated with new info see the image below

Sad news and proof of hmd failure to maintain all the devices they create because they are greedy there is quote I like says * do one thing , do it right * that means they should create 2 budget phones 2 midreg phones and 2 flagships phones once they reach near to the EOL they should create another ones that's what called right maintenance not the mess hmd keep on doing !
  • Iniobong Imeh Iniobong Imeh
    ✭✭  / 
    Which means there is going to be a time it will be available....new users too want to have a taste of oreo for nokia 2....i wish it will be the pure 1.15M update former July beta update...
  • Vak'o Vak'o
    ✭✭  / 

Sad news and proof of hmd failure to maintain all the devices they create because they are greedy there is quote I like says * do one thing , do it right * that means they should create 2 budget phones 2 midreg phones and 2 flagships phones once they reach near to the EOL they should create another ones that's what called right maintenance not the mess hmd keep on doing !
    so i don't understand what are doing again at now :(
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Vak'o said:

so i don't understand what are doing again at now :(
    My whole point is they should create less device so they can maintain it correctly ...
    In the current situation they have many devices and many issues and they can't maintain them all