Nokia 5 - General FAQs Thread

Own a Nokia 5? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app!   FAQs  

Nokia 5 - General FAQs Thread

[Deleted User] [Deleted User]
✭✭  /  edited November 2018

Own a Nokia 5? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app!

FAQs

Smart Lock does not work/ disappeared after the last update. How do I get it back? 

Go to Settings > Security & location > Trust agents; disable Smart Lock and restart your phone. After the restart enable Smart Lock again and your Smart Lock should be up running again.

Why are there no specific Nokia built in apps? 

Nokia 5 is part of our 'pure, secure, and up-to-date' pledge. This means the OS is delivered in its purest form, without any pre-installed apps or skins. Our consumers can pick exactly what applications they want on their phones.

When do I get the new Security Patch?

Google’s Security Patches are released monthly and depending on the hardware in your phone. As these releases have specific hardware dependencies, we will need to ensure your phone is fully supported before we can test and release those to the operator. Once the quality has been assured, the Security Patch will be delivered to your phone. Due to this, the Security Patches are dependent upon your device model, operator and also your location.

I still haven’t received an update, even though it was announced. What can I do?

Software rollouts are a phased process so the timing of Android upgrades will vary by country and operator. In case you haven’t received your update yet, get in touch with our support team to learn more about it.

Support: https://www.nokia.com/phones/support

Official Support App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.support

Tagged:

Comments

• Yes nokia 5 getting pie update soon.
  • Sounds good. @Amitcod2 where did you get this informations from?
  • Follow juho sarvikas.for more information.
  • I'm so much disadisappointed with my nokia5 poor perfperformance level..recently i removed all the third party apps thinking that would solve the issue..but did not. Apps keep crashing,keys get stuck,touch screen goes nut and the list continues... this the dumbest mistake i ever did..please make a global wise recall of the affected phones and respect the trust we have in nokia.
  • اكتب تعليقك
  • Shaheer Ali MM Shaheer Ali MM
    ✭✭  / 
    In my Nokia 5 phone Bluetooth disconnected automatically when open wifi hotspot option. Is it only happen to me or anybody having this issue. Any fixing for this issue.
    ✭✭  /  edited January 23
    Nokia 5 default camera app gallery option not opening. Is there any settings to change for this make open again. :blush:
    ✭✭  / 
    After Nokia TA-1053 Android Pie update delete all finger print we saved got deleted when the user switch guest to normal. Please fix it on next update.
  • I'm using TA-1053. In my decucd I can't use 4G(LTE) . I can only use 2G and 3G. Why is that so?
  • SojiroDan SojiroDan
    ✭✭  / 
    Does Nokia 5 supports any kind of fast charge?
    ✭✭  / 
    @matteo.m Nokia 5 TA-1053 Alarm Not able to stop sometime. No option to stop it. After restarting it's getting fixed. Any options for change this behaviour.
  • Grobar Grobar
    ✭✭  /  edited February 2
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first post here. Just recently I have switched from beloved Lumia 650 to Nokia 5 (TA-1053). For less than a month I've been on Oreo, and it was good. Few days ago updated to Pie and it's much, much better. Before an update I was honestly afraid to make a Pie switch reading all those negative comments. 
    These few days all I can see are positives, such as:
    - Didn't have any battery drain issues at all, it's the same as it was on Oreo.
    - Phone is snappier, no doubt.
    - Pick up to check is amazing new feature.
    - Pie took less space than Oreo if I'm not wrong, let someone please correct me, or confirm.
    - Some system apps/features that I didn't need I couldn't remove on Oreo, such as Chinese (Pinyin or something like that) and Hindi keyboards. Pie let's you do that.
    - Dark theme isn't related to wallpaper anymore.
    - More notification sounds and ringtones on Pie.

One thing that I'm missing from Oreo is simple icon style in Settings menu or notification drawer, monochrome style. Colored icons are slightly childish to me, but really not that big of a deal.

Cheers!

✭✭  / 
    @matteo.m Nokia 5 TA-1053 . Currently no OTP received from Services am using after upgraded to Android pie. Is anybody having this kind of issues?
  • اكثر الميزات في اندروي 9 لاتعمل
  • اكتب تعليقك
  • Sibi Rahul Sibi Rahul
     /  edited February 10
    What's the price of orginal Nokia 5 screen??
  • any know about how activate call barring in Nokia 5 pls let me know, after  update its not working
  • ecosimon ecosimon
     /  edited February 13
    My Nokia 5 TA-1024 no longer charges to full capacity since Pie update. It charges quickly to 15% then turns to extremely slow charging from then on, reaches only 35% max after 12 hours of charging.

Worked perfectly on Oreo.
  • Hello I would like to ask a question about the new update 
    Iam currently running 7.1.1 
    And iam concerned about the gaming performance in android pie (esoecially in pubg ) 
    Is anyone tried playing this game android 9 is it running as it should or its unplayable
  • The Oreo update is a bit disappointing......battery drainage problem and also the WhatsApp camera is a bit fudgy or u can say it is not smooth ....it hangs
  • Hanes00 Hanes00
     /  edited February 23
    Test
  • SojiroDan said:
    Does Nokia 5 supports any kind of fast charge?

I think it does but to be safe you should try and get the Nokia charger for your Nokia 5.
  • Hi, after Android 9 security patch updated, my Nokia 5 is not properly. For some Incoming calls ring tone is not coming for, it kept silent. Even Nokia care unable to resolve this issue. Is there any one to help to resolve this problem.
  • Hi everyone I recently upgraded to Android pie. And most of my apps fail to launch they keep stopping also I can't save pictures  or videos it says "storage failure" 
    Please help
  • shubham364 shubham364
    ✭✭  /  edited June 4
    I'm Nokia 5 user and believe me this is the worst phone ever I have seen
    I'm facing many probles in Nokia 5.. Sd card problem.. speaker problem
    .and charging problem..
    Nokia 5 has variety of problems... don't buy Nokia and aware the people..
  • Development should be done for sd card  i have a n issue on this too
  • Nokia 5 saya kok no signal