Nokia 6 - General FAQs Thread

Own a Nokia 6? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app!   FAQs  

Nokia 6 - General FAQs Thread

matteo.m matteo.m
Staff member  / 

Own a Nokia 6? Need help with something? Please find below some of our most popular FAQs as well as links to our user guide and support app!

FAQs

Smart Lock does not work/ disappeared after the last update. How do I get it back? 

Go to Settings > Security & location > Trust agents; disable Smart Lock and restart your phone. After the restart enable Smart Lock again and your Smart Lock should be up running again.

Why are there no specific Nokia built in apps? 

Nokia 6 is part of our 'pure, secure, and up-to-date' pledge. This means the OS is delivered in its purest form, without any pre-installed apps or skins. Our consumers can pick exactly what applications they want on their phones.

When do I get the new Security Patch?

Google’s Security Patches are released monthly and depending on the hardware in your phone. As these releases have specific hardware dependencies, we will need to ensure your phone is fully supported before we can test and release those to the operator. Once the quality has been assured, the Security Patch will be delivered to your phone. Due to this, the Security Patches are dependent upon your device model, operator and also your location.

I still haven’t received an update, even though it was announced. What can I do?

Software rollouts are a phased process so the timing of Android upgrades will vary by country and operator. In case you haven’t received your update yet, get in touch with our support team to learn more about it.

Support: https://www.nokia.com/phones/support

Official Support App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.support

Tagged:

Comments

• Ketik komentar Andaapakah nokia 6 bisa mwnyambungkN ke tv  mnggunakan AnyCast
  • In Arabic
    شكرا للعودة القوية لشركتنا العريقة نوكيا Nokia
    الهاتف Nokia 6  رائع ، ومناسب جدا لاستخدامي واهتماماتي ، مرن جدا ، ولا مشاكل .
    وفكرة التصميم غاية في الروعة وتسليم أمر ذلك لجوجل كان موفقا .
    لكن ربما نحتاج الان تدخلا من فريق نوكيا في بث تحديث لبرنامج الهاتف يجعل إعدادته لا تتداخل مع Dolby ..
     كل فترة نحتاج إعادة تشغيل . ، أو إلغاء Dolby.

شكرا لفكرة المنتدى ، شكرا لفكرة برنامج support
  • ونعم ، نصحنى بعض المساعدين بإلغاء تحديثات برنامج الهاتف الخاصة بالهاتف وإعداداته فقط ..ليعود كما كان قبل اندرويد 8
    ونجحت الحيلة ..
    ولكن لم التحايل ؟!
    فقط تحديث خاص لحل الإشكال بين نظام الحسين الصوتي دولبي اتموس
  • mas wahyudi mas wahyudi
    ✭✭  / 

• I want to buy Nokia X6 6gb ram variant ..when it is going to launch in India..anybody having any idea.
  • SRIRANAND SRIRANAND
     / 
    My nokia 6 not starting after software update even on hard reboot.  On hard reboot, android appears than it switches off.  What to do do. 
  • Hi there, I have a Nokia 6 running Android 8.1.0. Is there an option for disabling the notification sound it makes when you plug in the charger?

I looked thoroughly in settings and could not find any options. Many other phones running Android Oreo has a "Charging sounds" option in "Settings->Sound->Other sounds and vibrations", but not on the Nokia 6 apparently. Right now it does not even respect the default notification sound I chose in "Settings->Sound", and uses its own old Android notification sound.
  • Can Nokia 6 be installed on Google Camera application? and does it have to be rooted?
  • I just now updated my phone to pie and the camera is not working.. it says unable to connect to camera ... Pls fix this issue 
  • After updating to Android Pie now the phone gets stuck at the Nokia logo. And if i do the power and volume up thing i get this error message!.. Good start of the day!.. Update day!
  • Metallo Metallo
     /  edited February 21
    Updated today to Android 9, the 'do not disturb' function does not work, if you turn it on, nothing changes, the phone rings as normal and you get sound on any notification you get.
    This is very annoying.
  • After updated Nokia 6, when used Dolby Atmos the sound is unstable.
  • Why is there no LED light in Nokia 6? There seems some space for it But There is no option to turn it on? Please help !
  • After the pie update, fingerprint sensor and navigation keys are not responding in my Nokia 6.

Please fix this issue as soon as possible
  • dolby Atmos problem..in Nokia 6 TA-1000
  • Lancer Lancer
     /  edited March 2
    I upgraded (my TA-1000) to Pie yesterday. And it was ok, but heated up a bit even uaing music app. So I did a factory reset hoping to have better results. Andade things much worse. Here are some of the things I noticed in the last 24 hours of using and not using my phone...
    Fingerprint reader accuracy and speed are reduced. 
    Heats up when charging. 38°C and currently sitting on a aluminium heatsink, in front of a fan.
    Battery usage data is empty.

Battery Saver isn't efficient at all. Heats up the phone even more while not doing the one thing it was designed to do.
    Slow to charge. Charged for 4 hours and still didn't reach 80%.
    Battery doesn't last very long. Lost 50% in the last 6 hours while on airplane mode, and not doing a single thing.
    Connects to added WiFi networks only when the SSID is shown. Even if they were added when SSID wasn't being broadcasted.
    Like everyone else, I am looking forward to having a fix for these bugs.
    Thanks!
  • I am also facing this issues now... 
  • After update of android 9 pie. The phone colours is changed. Please tell me how can i fix this colour issue . 
  • After updating my Nokia 6 2017 TA-1021 to Android Pie Dolby Surround Atmos stopped working.  Toggling the On/Off button doesn't change anything.  Factory reset doesn't help.  I was so used to the superior audio quality, now everyting sound flat. Also the Song Tags are not shown anymore on my car sound system via bluetooth. How is it possible that these issues slipped thr Q&A ?
  • eduardog eduardog
     /  edited March 6
    como regresar a oreo 8.1 en nokia 6...
  • Need help relating to draining of battery after updating to
  • AMOL N AMOL N
     /  edited March 22
    Oreo
  • Junior Sutton Junior Sutton
    ✭✭  / 
    @AMOL N I have same issue among TONS of others, I did a factory reset with only back up contacts, helped a LITTLE....instead of draining 20% over nite now it's 10%..I Kno doing this in a big inconvenience and time consuming
  • Hi there, I have a Nokia 6 running Android 8.1.0. Is there an option for disabling the notification sound it makes when you plug in the charger?

I looked thoroughly in settings and could not find any options. Many other phones running Android Oreo has a "Charging sounds" option in "Settings->Sound->Other sounds and vibrations", but not on the Nokia 6 apparently. Right now it does not even respect the default notification sound I chose in "Settings->Sound", and uses its own old Android notification sound.
    you are lucky to have 8.1 please don't upgrade to pie because you will miss it and this 2 year old phone is not for pie
  • please fix in nokia 6 ufter upgrade to pie, but low sound!!!😭😭😭
  • If you activate "Developer Options" and l, in Apps section, turn on "Don't keep Activities" and set limit to "Atmost xx apps", your battery life will return to normal state. Also the device won't heat up much.
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello users in important announcement from @HMD_Laura

HMD_Laura said:
    Hi all, 
    also to keep the Nokia 2 users up to date I got information concerning the March SP. 
    There was a one-time issue in rolling out March security update for Nokia 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 2 due to the addition of new test cases and together with Google, we decided to take extra time to review before releasing the update. The four impacted products will receive March security patch in the coming week. 

Best regards, 
    Laura
  • I have a big problem with Nokia 6, after choosing the default memory card SD, after formatting it, I have more access to the internal memory of the phone, worse, there I have more card the phone forces me to put one! impossible to return to internal memory as default memory.

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • Rajju Rajju
    ✭✭  / 
    Hope there will be resolution of current issues in update