any opinion

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Which phone are you talking about?
  • A new keypad Mobile
  • Corgan Corgan
    ✭✭  / 
    Into it. But without 4G or broader band support, it's almost useless for a lot of places in the United States.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    @user1539539209309 , you mean the new 106 feature phone? Many people don't want a smartphone or can't afford one. A feature phone is a totally adequate mobile phone for phone calls and SMS, I think they've got an important place in the market.

The 4G feature phones like the 8110 4G are different, these are budget smartphones without a touchscreen! Personally I think money is better spent on an older model smartphone than on one of these "smart" feature phones. However, the 8110 4G is fun, so that could be a reason to buy it.
  • Corgan Corgan
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    madbilly said:
    The 4G feature phones like the 8110 4G are different, these are budget smartphones without a touchscreen! Personally I think money is better spent on an older model smartphone than on one of these "smart" feature phones. However, the 8110 4G is fun, so that could be a reason to buy it.
    And really, they're the pits to use. As advanced as KaiOS is, my experience with it (Alcatel GOFlip) has me pessimistic that it will be anything other than a compromised "smart" OS.

Personally, I like something more akin to the Series 30+ OS of the 3310 (in the US we got a very poor facsimile in "Smart Feature OS"), but I'm still left for wanting due to the bands.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I don't think the 8110 is much better than the GoFlip as far as I understand, unfortunately. KaiOS is based on FirefoxOS so it has a good base, but KaiOS takes the low end of what is possible with Firefox OS so they can make it run very cheap hardware. I think you're right that S30+ is actually more capable as a feature phone OS.
  • abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Madbilly

"Many people don't want a smartphone or can't afford one."

This is an interesting observation.
    Q: If people could afford it, do you think those who didn't want a smartphone, would prefer one?
  • boblu boblu
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia basic phone is best always...No problem..No tension,no hedeache 😊
    I want to go my old time with old nokia phone. 
    Loving memory's.....😚😚😚😚😚
  • Corgan Corgan
    ✭✭  / 
    abbas said:
    Madbilly

"Many people don't want a smartphone or can't afford one."

This is an interesting observation.
    Q: If people could afford it, do you think those who didn't want a smartphone, would prefer one?

Personally (and I am sure I'm in a minority here) I can afford smart phones--I have had many of them--but prefer a well made feature phone any day. Whatever that data point is worth.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I can honestly say that my dad prefers a classic T9 phone to a touchscreen smartphone. I'm sure that many other people are the same. It may be age-related, but not always.

Personally, I'm beginning to think it may be better to have a T9 phone as a phone and a tablet for everything else I use my smartphone for. But then I've got a smartphone which does everything, so why have two devices instead of one.... !
  • keith keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I wish Nokia would bring back S40/Asha OS. KaiOS without proper apps is a let down. The fact that the Google Assistant, Seach, YouTube and Maps Go shows that the OS has good potential.