Suggestion: Autocomplete @usernames

Hi Laura,Can the new forum software implement auto-completion of usernames whenever we start writing @?

Suggestion: Autocomplete @usernames

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi Laura,
Can the new forum software implement auto-completion of usernames whenever we start writing @? Many chat apps do this and it would be helpful on the forums too.
Cheers :)

Comments

• tim.m tim.m
    Staff member  /  edited November 2018
    The feature is active and should be working already @madbilly! Let us know if it doesn't work for you.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    @tim.m Ah, yes it is, it just didn't work quite as I expected it to - I didn't know that I need to press Tab to get the list popup (at least I do on Firefox). Thanks :)
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    tim.m said:
    @madbilly I think it does :)

Hello Sir, Yes it does but only when we type the first three letters of the username. And also it is somewhat inconsistent and gives a result something like this "@[email protected]" when I type and click the suggestion to autocomplete the username. I think its an early bug. 

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    tim.m said:
    @madbilly I think it does :)

Hello Sir, Yes it does but only when we type the first three letters of the username. And also it is somewhat inconsistent and gives a result something like this "@[email protected]lly" when I type and click the suggestion to autocomplete the username. I think its an early bug. 

I take it back it started working normally again. 😁