Serious Issues Of Nokia 7 Plus- Users Of Nokia7plus please have a look

Also Screen Freezing is also a problem after October Security patch update. I want you Team Nokia to look above issues and solve in upcoming updates. 

Serious Issues Of Nokia 7 Plus- Users Of Nokia7plus please have a look

aakash aakash
✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018

Also Screen Freezing is also a problem after October Security patch update.

I want you Team Nokia to look above issues and solve in upcoming updates. 

Comments

• M Mitesh from India, Gujarat Bhuj , m also facing problem with bettry and camera have something wrong I don't know what but it is and last there is 1ttry should have 3 mode like Sony phones I think Nokia should study other compony  phones and try out some Tweeks with bettry savig modes, that's it camera should have night sight like Google and color correction ... 
  • My daughter had the same problems and I didn't, we have the same phone but hers is only 2 months old. After the last update all the problems are gone so I hope its the same for you all.
  • Hello with the pie update on nokia 7 plus the touchscreen its less acurate and also for the hardware its too slow 
  • I have 3 short mp3 songs used as ringtones. Recently they have stopped being sounded when phone rings. Have to switch to those that came with the phone for ringing to sound. Have a recent update killed off support for mp3 ringtones? My own mp3s are still being shown among the standard choices for ringtones
  • Aakash said:

I am also having the headphone jack problem. The music just pauses after listening for about 5 seconds and sometimes it comes out of the phone speakers. But this is not present when i connect the phone to my speakers via aux input.

The screen freezing is most prominent when switching apps using the gestures in Android Pie. I switched back to the 3 button arrangement and its working well with no freezing

Also i hahave another doubt, i was using the developer preview for Android Pie, and is there a need to switch back to Oreo and then to Pie. Or is it ok?

• aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Aakash said:

I agree with you but not with the headphone jack issue & face unlock. Because:
    After the pie update jack issue is gone and u can enable headphone jack icon in status bar via nova launcher & accessing system UI tuner through activities.
    Now the face unlock thing, Nokia's patent got rejected so they need time to file another one but the sad part is after pie update google face unlock isn't working properly 😣

Rest of your issues are true & u missed screen flickering issue.
    Ya, screen flickering issues 
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Megan said:
    Aakash said:

I agree with you but not with the headphone jack issue & face unlock. Because:
    After the pie update jack issue is gone and u can enable headphone jack icon in status bar via nova launcher & accessing system UI tuner through activities.
    Now the face unlock thing, Nokia's patent got rejected so they need time to file another one but the sad part is after pie update google face unlock isn't working properly 😣

Rest of your issues are true & u missed screen flickering issue.
    Hi,

Please try a soft reset. This is a safe and quick way to reboot your device, so no need to worry, you won’t lose or erase any data. Just keep in mind that the device should not be charging. It’s easy: Press the Power button and Volume UP button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, release them when you feel the phone vibrate and you see "Powered by Android" on the screen

If the issue appears again, please contact support directly via Mail ([email protected]) or Chat.

Thanks,

Megan
    Thanks for your concern Megan,

But,I have also tried hard reset but it doesn't work.
    Contacted HMD Support but they telling to perform reset again and again.
    And also neither it is possible nor reset can be performed multiple times.
    Lot of users facing this that means it's a software problem.
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello with the pie update on nokia 7 plus the touchscreen its less acurate and also for the hardware its too slow 
    Looks like software not interacting with hardware.
    Definitely there is problem in coding,also this coding algorithm problem is similar for stock camera app.
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 

I have 3 short mp3 songs used as ringtones. Recently they have stopped being sounded when phone rings. Have to switch to those that came with the phone for ringing to sound. Have a recent update killed off support for mp3 ringtones? My own mp3s are still being shown among the standard choices for ringtones.

Hi there,I think you should transfer that ringtone to phone storage ,then restart your device and then go to settings and sound section,open ringtone and add your ringtone.

• aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Aakash said:

I am also having the headphone jack problem. The music just pauses after listening for about 5 seconds and sometimes it comes out of the phone speakers. But this is not present when i connect the phone to my speakers via aux input.

The screen freezing is most prominent when switching apps using the gestures in Android Pie. I switched back to the 3 button arrangement and its working well with no freezing

Also i hahave another doubt, i was using the developer preview for Android Pie, and is there a need to switch back to Oreo and then to Pie. Or is it ok?

Hi there,that sound from speaker even after plugged earphone is only solved after restarting the device.(very irritating problem)

Screen freezing is also very disastrous issue.

Also answer to your question:
    if you got Android Pie as OTA update on your device after being in Android developer preview ,then it is alright you don't need to worry.Its a software problem.
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I am getting screen freez issue and it is occurring quite often, sometimes feel like the phone is dead. Can you please help me with solution.
    Hi there,that's a very irritating problem,have no solution till date other than pressing volume up & lock button at same time.
    This will make the device restart safely.
     All we can wait for Nokia to fix it in update.
  • rushikesh dande rushikesh dande
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    I am only facing the problem of battery draining, and there is no any other problem to my nokia 7 plus.... but i also expecting night scape feature to camera and gaming mode feature to settings...
  • I was going to visit service centre for battery issue bt after reading all the comments i i think i need to wait till the next update..battery is draining like **** nt even giving 6hr of screen usage time earlier it used to last for 2days bt after android pie update it drains only in one day and even screen is freezing alot..HMD should solve the problm as soon as possible
  • rushikesh dande rushikesh dande
    i also expecting wireless display feature to screen cast option.... and i also wating for the faster updates....
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭  / 
    i also expecting wireless display feature to screen cast option.... and i also wating for the faster updates....
    Google dropped support for true miracast because they want to sell chromecast and since it's Android one device u won't get true miracast.
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 

I was going to visit service centre for battery issue bt after reading all the comments i i think i need to wait till the next update..battery is draining like **** nt even giving 6hr of screen usage time earlier it used to last for 2days bt after android pie update it drains only in one day and even screen is freezing alot..HMD should solve the problm as soon as possible.

Yeah Wait for the next update.

• george v george v
    Screen freezing problem is a hardware problem of the touch panel and can only be solved with display or the whole phone replacement. The ones you have it should take their phones to Nokia Service Centers.
    Another problem I have myself is a grounding issue of the multi touch sensing.
    I noticed this problem when sometimes while I was zooming in zooming out a picture, the phone stopped doing this and just moved the picture or did nothing, This occurs only when the phone is upon an insulator like a sofa and not handheld.
    I prepared some videos that depict this problem:
    I think all Nokia 7 plus have this problem. But this may be solved by software, updating the touch panel's firmware as you can read in this similar case of the past:

Could you please check your Nokia 7 plus on a sofa with Multi Touch application to check whether your device suffers from the grounding issue?

• aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 

George, I checked and its true that nokia7 plus multi touch suffers from grounding issue and does not work.

Your comment:

Screen freezing problem is a hardware problem of the touch panel and can only be solved with display or the whole phone replacement. The ones you have it should take their phones to Nokia Service Centers.

I noticed this problem when sometimes while I was zooming in zooming out a picture, the phone stopped doing this and just moved the picture or did nothing, This occurs only when the phone is upon an insulator like a sofa and not handheld.
    I think all Nokia 7 plus have this problem. But this may be solved by software, updating the touch panel's firmware as you can read in this similar case of the past:

Could you please check your Nokia 7 plus on a sofa with Multi Touch application to check whether your device suffers from the grounding issue?
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    george v said:

George, I checked and its true that nokia7 plus multi touch suffers from grounding issue and does not work on surfaces.

• On my Nokia 7 plus and since the Pie update, I am facing a serious issue with charging. If the batterly levels are low (below 20% I think) the phone goes into an infinite loop of rebooting on its own...I need to just ignore the reboots and after 4-6 reboots (and probably the charge levels reach a certain threshold by then), the phone stops rebooting, and continues with normal charging. 
  • Please give me an Android update on early in November....
  • george v george v
    ✭✭  / 
    for more info about this, serious in my opinion problem, I have started a topic here:
    The problem is in this topic the initial links to videos I wrote were wrong. But I wrote a comment with the correct links, the same ones I put here.
    So far in this discussion only one person answered and he misinterpreted the multi touch grounding  problem with the notorious unresponsive touch panel.issue. They are actually two different and irrelevant problems.
    I had my phone replaced by Nokia for this problem and the new device exhibits the exact same problematic behavior.
    Actually if you have your phone handheld and thus electrically grounded, it can sense up to 10 fingers without any issues. To test this you need of course to borrow someone else's hand.
    But if you lay you phone on a good insulator - the best I have found so far is a couch - then if you put your fingers on the screen and move them a little (till they touch and open again repeatedly) it blocks and stops sensing your fingers. The good thing is that one finger is always sensed but two or more is not guaranteed. So we have to forget consistent zooming in and zooming out. Not to mention games where more fingers need to be sensed simultaneously .

This problem in my opinion is very serious. However, a good thing for us is that it is reproducible, meaning we can show it to others and create videos that illustrate this.
  • I have been waiting for an Android update since one month....
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    On my Nokia 7 plus and since the Pie update, I am facing a serious issue with charging. If the batterly levels are low (below 20% I think) the phone goes into an infinite loop of rebooting on its own...I need to just ignore the reboots and after 4-6 reboots (and probably the charge levels reach a certain threshold by then), the phone stops rebooting, and continues with normal charging. 
    Hi Santanu, this is a different issue i don't know the fix.
    But can give you a advice to wait for next update and if problem still persist then hard reset your device.