Serious Issues Of Nokia 7 Plus- Users Of Nokia7plus please have a look - Page 2

george v said: @Aakash for more info about this, serious in my opinion problem, I have started a topic here:

Serious Issues Of Nokia 7 Plus- Users Of Nokia7plus please have a look

Comments

• Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have been waiting for an Android update since one month....
    @rushikesh dande
    Hi there ,which Android Update are you waiting for?
    Is it Android Pie update or Stability Update Or November security patch Or Combined of three?
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Aakash said:
    george v said:
    for more info about this, serious in my opinion problem, I have started a topic here:
    The problem is in this topic the initial links to videos I wrote were wrong. But I wrote a comment with the correct links, the same ones I put here.
    So far in this discussion only one person answered and he misinterpreted the multi touch grounding  problem with the notorious unresponsive touch panel.issue. They are actually two different and irrelevant problems.
    I had my phone replaced by Nokia for this problem and the new device exhibits the exact same problematic behavior.
    Actually if you have your phone handheld and thus electrically grounded, it can sense up to 10 fingers without any issues. To test this you need of course to borrow someone else's hand.
    But if you lay you phone on a good insulator - the best I have found so far is a couch - then if you put your fingers on the screen and move them a little (till they touch and open again repeatedly) it blocks and stops sensing your fingers. The good thing is that one finger is always sensed but two or more is not guaranteed. So we have to forget consistent zooming in and zooming out. Not to mention games where more fingers need to be sensed simultaneously .

This problem in my opinion is very serious. However, a good thing for us is that it is reproducible, meaning we can show it to others and create videos that illustrate this.
    @george v

I agree with you,that is actually a serious problem.

I checked that when you place ir on your any body part like on your leg it works properly but ,When placed on the surface like bed sofa etc it behaves strangely and becomes unresponsive when moving your fingers.

Looks like it is the same for all Nokia 7 Plus devices.
    And also may be it is due to Capacitance.

I will confirm this with Team Nokia. 

Yeah that's a serious issue. It happened with me also. It works properly in hand but not on sofa.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    Aakash said:
    george v said:
    for more info about this, serious in my opinion problem, I have started a topic here:
    The problem is in this topic the initial links to videos I wrote were wrong. But I wrote a comment with the correct links, the same ones I put here.
    So far in this discussion only one person answered and he misinterpreted the multi touch grounding  problem with the notorious unresponsive touch panel.issue. They are actually two different and irrelevant problems.
    I had my phone replaced by Nokia for this problem and the new device exhibits the exact same problematic behavior.
    Actually if you have your phone handheld and thus electrically grounded, it can sense up to 10 fingers without any issues. To test this you need of course to borrow someone else's hand.
    But if you lay you phone on a good insulator - the best I have found so far is a couch - then if you put your fingers on the screen and move them a little (till they touch and open again repeatedly) it blocks and stops sensing your fingers. The good thing is that one finger is always sensed but two or more is not guaranteed. So we have to forget consistent zooming in and zooming out. Not to mention games where more fingers need to be sensed simultaneously .

This problem in my opinion is very serious. However, a good thing for us is that it is reproducible, meaning we can show it to others and create videos that illustrate this.
    @george v

I checked that when you place ir on your any body part like on your leg it works properly but ,When placed on the surface like bed sofa etc it behaves strangely and becomes unresponsive when moving your fingers.

Yeah that's a serious issue. It happened with me also. It works properly in hand but not on sofa.
    Nokia should take care of this ,when I was playing tekken on Nokia7plus I need to press from 6 fingers at a time,while I put device on surface It acts strangely,need to put on my lap.
  • https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/9717/bootloader-unlock-for-nokia-devices
    Guys would be great if you'll would go ahead and agree to this thread
  • megan said:

Hi,

Please try a soft reset. This is a safe and quick way to reboot your device, so no need to worry, you won’t lose or erase any data. Just keep in mind that the device should not be charging. It’s easy: Press the Power button and Volume UP button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, release them when you feel the phone vibrate and you see "Powered by Android" on the screen

If the issue appears again, please contact support directly via Mail ([email protected]) or Chat.

Thanks,

Megan
    Will this work for

1. Some phones not getting updates?
    2. Some phones have the navigation bar freezing (the community came up with a temporary solution not Nokia)?
    3. Poor bluetooth support?

I have had this pathetic attempt at resolving issues four or five times. All this does is gives you the chance to put on your paperwork that a solution was offered. 

I have come across poor support before but Nokia, well HMD, have to be the worst ever. 

• george v george v
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    Aakash said:
    george v said:

@george v

Surely, it has to do something with the capacitive technology of the multi touch sensor. The matter is that I have tested other phones from my colleagues at work, Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei etc.
    We installed "Multi Touch' application from playstore and tested them.
    None of them exhibits this problem.
    They sense the same number of fingers either handheld or on an insulating surface.
    From searching the internet I found that only some old models of some companies had this problem. It is obvious that in recent years companies have found the technology to solve this problem. But HMD being a new company hasn't faced this problem before. They are not even aware of its existence. They still have to learn a lot of things.
    HTC had this issue in one of its models, I think it was called the Incredible, back in 2010 or 11 and they solved it with a new firmware update of the touch panel.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    megan said:

Hi,

Please try a soft reset. This is a safe and quick way to reboot your device, so no need to worry, you won’t lose or erase any data. Just keep in mind that the device should not be charging. It’s easy: Press the Power button and Volume UP button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, release them when you feel the phone vibrate and you see "Powered by Android" on the screen

If the issue appears again, please contact support directly via Mail ([email protected]) or Chat.

Thanks,

Megan
    Will this work for

1. Some phones not getting updates?
    2. Some phones have the navigation bar freezing (the community came up with a temporary solution not Nokia)?
    3. Poor bluetooth support?

I have had this pathetic attempt at resolving issues four or five times. All this does is gives you the chance to put on your paperwork that a solution was offered. 

I have come across poor support before but Nokia, well HMD, have to be the worst ever. 

Nokia support is not good,they can't solve your problem instead they will ask to reset the device ,then afterwards take it to Customer care centre and again same process in loop.
  • amitk95 amitk95
    ✭✭  / 
    have you reset your device after installing the Pie update?
  • Trveller72 Trveller72
    ... nova launcher & accessing system UI tuner through activities.
    Under which activity is the system UI tuner?

Edit: I found it, thank you for pointing it out
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi, those who are facing battery draining issue please turn off adaptive brightness. I am Nokia 6.1 user I have noticed this issue too the day after upgrading to Pie. And adaptive battery is broken on Nokia 6.1 like if you go to restricted apps page some kind of warning pops up like this "need to set overlay for  config enable auto power mode" so there's no help with that, don't know about how things are 9n Nokia 7 plus. I was also nuts too until I got into a reddit thread for battery draining issue on pixel devices on Android Pie. It made a difference after I turned off the adaptive brightness not by a huge margin but now the battery life is much stable. Try if that works out for you guys too. Till it's fixed over a OTA update. Good luck.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    d-mi said:
    Hi, those who are facing battery draining issue please turn off adaptive brightness. I am Nokia 6.1 user I have noticed this issue too the day after upgrading to Pie. And adaptive battery is broken on Nokia 6.1 like if you go to restricted apps page some kind of warning pops up like this "need to set overlay for  config enable auto power mode" so there's no help with that, don't know about how things are 9n Nokia 7 plus. I was also nuts too until I got into a reddit thread for battery draining issue on pixel devices on Android Pie. It made a difference after I turned off the adaptive brightness not by a huge margin but now the battery life is much stable. Try if that works out for you guys too. Till it's fixed over a OTA update. Good luck.
    Hi d-mi,
    You can also try switching off power saving mode and be in regular mode.
    I tested my #Nokia7plus,I got amazing results on regular mode as compared to power saving mode.
    My SOT was incremented to 6.5 hrs from 5 hrs.

• Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi users ,

You can try switching off power saving mode and be in regular mode.
    I tested my #Nokia7plus,I got amazing results on regular mode as compared to power saving mode.

• d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 
    aakash said:
    Hi users ,

Did you mean battery saver? I don't have any power saving mode. However I searched in settings and power saver service showed up. Are you talking about that? And it has only force stop option and I don't think it's a good idea to stop a service unless you got an extra option called power saving mode.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    d-mi said:
    aakash said:
    Hi users ,

Did you mean battery saver? I don't have any power saving mode. However I searched in settings and power saver service showed up. Are you talking about that? And it has only force stop option and I don't think it's a good idea to stop a service unless you got an extra option called power saving mode.
    Hi d-mi,
    Not that one,
    Go to settings,then battery,then you will find battery saver.
    ImI talking about this one.
  • I too face some of the issues you have mentioned!! It looks like Nokia Forgets about 7 plus, not even a security update after 20days of a month!! 
    I also have serious problem with OTG connection- Your phone is connected to a PC msg is appearing frequently in the Notification even without connecting to the PC 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I too face some of the issues you have mentioned!! It looks like Nokia Forgets about 7 plus, not even a security update after 20days of a month!! 
    I also have serious problem with OTG connection- Your phone is connected to a PC msg is appearing frequently in the Notification even without connecting to the PC 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    Hi Rogerfrank,
    That's very disappointing.
    The only thing we can do is just to wait if Nokia provides update.
  • dmt1992 dmt1992
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I also have this annoying touchscreen freezing problem. Fix it!
  • george v george v
    dmt1992 said:
    I also have this annoying touchscreen freezing problem. Fix it!
    Unfortunately, it's a hardware problem that have occurred in quite a lot of Nokia 7+ devices and as such it cannot be fixed by software.
    You have to take it to Nokia Service Center to have either the display or your phone replaced.
  • akshay kumar akshay kumar
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Screen flickering issue is still there.
  • akshay kumar akshay kumar
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Sometimes Bluetooth is getting turned on automatically.
  • After using the Sony Xperia XZ Premium with Android 9, i can see that the numerous UI characteristics (bugs, really) on the 7 Plus that are super annoying are definitely NOT normal. There are a great many front-end bugs Nokia has to work out in their software.
  • I Have Nokia 7 plus and i also have this annoying screen freezing many times its very discussting and i contact 2 time to Nokia service center they update the software both time but the problem was not solved its increasing day by day plz do something or fix it.
  • Aakash Aakash
    Sometimes Bluetooth is getting turned on automatically.
    Hi Akshay,
    Do you use share it app,may be it is possible that it is switched on when you open share it app.
    Please check

• Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I Have Nokia 7 plus and i also have this annoying screen freezing many times its very discussting and i contact 2 time to Nokia service center they update the software both time but the problem was not solved its increasing day by day plz do something or fix it.

Hi Ajay,
    That's the software problem which Nokia is ignoring.

• Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi Nokia7plus users,
    I need your help 
    I request you all to email this Nokia7plus serious issues link to Nokia so that we can grab their attention.

Email Id: [email protected]

Link of Issues: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/9434/serious-issues-of-nokia-7-plus-users-of-nokia7plus-please-have-a-look/p1
  • rushikesh dande rushikesh dande
     /  edited November 2018
    Please provide the November security patches on Nokia 7 Plus and also provide the camera upgrade... And please fix the bugs
  • boblu boblu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Try, carrier services update uninstall.
    Then force stop and clear all data .
    Then restart your device .

Only work for fast battery draining.
    If works please agree and hit like.
    If not work please quote me.
    Thanks😊
  • Aakash Aakash
    Please provide the November security patches on Nokia 7 Plus and also provide the camera upgrade... And please fix the bugs
    Maybe November security patch is being delayed due to bug fixes and stability updates.
    Let's wait 🙂 it's shouldn't be like October security patch,which was delayed but no fixes were done.
  • Thanks Akash For The Answer....