Serious Issues Of Nokia 7 Plus- Users Of Nokia7plus please have a look - Page 5

App crashes often especially with whatsapp and screen freezes occasionally..im im really frustrated...mine is indian unit with latest android pie amd security…

Serious Issues Of Nokia 7 Plus- Users Of Nokia7plus please have a look

Comments

• App crashes often especially with whatsapp and screen freezes occasionally..im im really frustrated...mine is indian unit with latest android pie amd security patch installed
  • after the update version of android 9 pie in nokia 7 plus , OTG facility is  not supporting????/
  • Everything seems to be fine with my Nokia 7 plus, except the battery, which started draining faster after the Android 9.0 Pie update. Regarding the camera, I am very happy with it, and the Face Unlock - I don't really need it, so it doesn't bother me a lot. 
    Camera: in low light my Redmi Note 5 is better !!! Fortunately, there is Google Camera.
    With GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.3_build.6.1.021.apk

without

• Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    NH hari said:
    after the update version of android 9 pie in nokia 7 plus , OTG facility is  not supporting????/
    Try with es explorer.
  • In Europe I've got the same issues with my 7+ since the pie update. Fingers crossed that the next security patch will be the solution.
  • After pie update notification sounds stop. Again okay after reboot.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Few users are saying that the new update makes device smooth like before it was with Android 8 and many bug fixes has been done 
    These users have performed manual update.
    (Solutions from XDA Developers)

Link:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603861728
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    It's 1 December today.
    Still,No official information regarding update.
  • aakash said:
    Megan said:
    Aakash said:

Also Screen Freezing is also a problem after October Security patch update.

I want you Team Nokia to look above issues and solve in upcoming updates. 

I agree with you but not with the headphone jack issue & face unlock. Because:
    After the pie update jack issue is gone and u can enable headphone jack icon in status bar via nova launcher & accessing system UI tuner through activities.
    Now the face unlock thing, Nokia's patent got rejected so they need time to file another one but the sad part is after pie update google face unlock isn't working properly 😣

Rest of your issues are true & u missed screen flickering issue.
    Hi,

Please try a soft reset. This is a safe and quick way to reboot your device, so no need to worry, you won’t lose or erase any data. Just keep in mind that the device should not be charging. It’s easy: Press the Power button and Volume UP button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, release them when you feel the phone vibrate and you see "Powered by Android" on the screen

If the issue appears again, please contact support directly via Mail ([email protected]) or Chat.

Thanks,

Megan
    Thanks for your concern Megan,

But,I have also tried hard reset but it doesn't work.
    Contacted HMD Support but they telling to perform reset again and again.
    And also neither it is possible nor reset can be performed multiple times.
    Lot of users facing this that means it's a software problem.
    I am from New Delhi
    Facing the same issue and many more.
    Due to this issue, the motherboard of my device was changed 
    But in just 15 days i faced the jack problem once again.
    And now they are telling me to submit the device again .
    And yet again the motherboard will be replaced.
    Ive even done  the soft restart process for like a million times now. 
    Hope it gets fixed and I dont need to go back to service centre and submit the device again.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    As we got New update for Nokia7plus with new build number, I will check if the above issues have been fixed by the Team Nokia.

• Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 

• aakash said:
    As we got New update for Nokia7plus with new build number, I will check if the above issues have been fixed by the Team Nokia.

After the latest update, it happens again. So I think it's an hardware issue....
  • 1. Battery draining issue is really a problem.
    2. Full screen mode for capturing pictures. Current captures with bit of crop on both top and bottom.
    3. Expected face unlock this time. Nokia support told me they would deliver this feature in Q3 of this year when I bought. But they didn't and even in Q4.
    4. Camera needs lot of processing for picture quality.
    5. Still some bugs aren't fixed.
    6. Headphones output should be optimised and needs good quality. Same with the speaker as well.

• Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018

One-day test showing battery has been significantly improved like that It was in Android Oreo.
    *Here Last full charge means till 94%.I don't charge above this.
    Happy to see.

I will test other issues too.
  • Battery drain issued solved in android pie version after factory reset. And i also got December securite update.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Looks like there is still a bit of freezing when switching to recent apps section.
    Will test more

Any one facing this?
  • akshay kumar akshay kumar
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @aakash I am getting the same problem.
  • My phone hangs abruptly and goes blank most of the times. I had to plug the phone to the charger (even though it has 80% + charge) and start the phone in safe mode. This happens atleast once in a day.

Anybody else facing this issue? Any suggestions?  
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @akshay kumar This freezing problem is quite frequent when switching apps while using Google Chrome.
  • aakash said:
    marc076 said:
    Since the Pie update I have problems with my bluetooth headphone. I can't skip songs anymore with the buttons on my headphone. The buttons still work as the screen is on,but when the screen goes in sleep the buttons do nothing anymore. Does this sound familiar to any of you? Tell me pls.
    Hi Marc,
    Since this issue is not reported so far.
    But still I suggest you to check the AI battery section where you will find a list of apps,check if your music player is listed as restricted.
    If yes,then uncheck it.
    Thanks aakash , my problem is completely solved. Stupid never thought about the adaptive battery option. Never used it before ,I had to search for it.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    None of the problem reported in battery section.
    I am sure Nokia has completely solved this issue.
  • Any of you went to the service centre for replacing the screen for the freezing issue.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Naveen said:
    Any of you went to the service centre for replacing the screen for the freezing issue.
    Hi Naveen,
    Freezing issue is a software issue,you don't need to get screen replaced.
    All of this issue can be solved by software optimisation.

In my view Nokia has done 40% work in optimisation for solving this problem and remaining 60% is needed to be solved yet.
  • I had a chat with the customer support. They suggested to clear the system UI cache and Android system cache and do a reset of the phone. After doing that I am seeing some improvement but sometimes again facing the issue.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Naveen said:
    I had a chat with the customer support. They suggested to clear the system UI cache and Android system cache and do a reset of the phone. After doing that I am seeing some improvement but sometimes again facing the issue.
    Don't worry.
    An update in future might come to solve the all issues.
  • george v george v
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Naveen said:
    Any of you went to the service centre for replacing the screen for the freezing issue.
    Screen freezing is a hardware problem.
    I had my screen replaced by Nokia because of this problem.
    They sent me back a report saying that my display was tested and had electrical malfunction and they replaced it.
    Nokia's chat is completely useless. No matter what is the problem you mention to them they always suggest to you to clean the cache and do a software reset. And at the end they tell you to be patient and wait for a future update that may solve your problem.
    Another thing we have to understand is that the display is not made by Nokia neither is its firmware. Instead a Chinese display manufacturer Goodix provides them to Nokia. This simply means that Goodix is the one responsible to make any updates to its firmware that Nokia in its turn will use in the phone. So far only one such update on touch screen firmware was made that was delivered with the pie Android update. And I don't think they fixed anything but rather they made the display compatible with Android 9 API.
    Unfortunately, it seems that Goodix quality standards are low and so are their displays and their firmwares.
  • george v said:
    Naveen said:
    They sent me back a report saying that my display was tested and had electrical malfunction and they replaced it.
    Nokia's chat is completely useless. No matter what is the problem you mention to them they always suggest to you to clean the cache and do a software reset. And at the end they tell you to be patient and wait for a future update that may solve your problem.
    Another thing we have to understand is that the display is not made by Nokia neither is its firmware. Instead a Chinese display manufacturer Goodix provides them to Nokia. This simply means that Goodix is the one responsible to make any updates to its firmware that Nokia in its turn will use in the phone. So far only one such update on touch screen firmware was made that was delivered with the pie Android update. And I don't think they fixed anything but rather they made the display compatible with Android 9 API.
    Unfortunately, it seems that Goodix quality standards are low and so are their displays and their firmwares.
    Hi George. I've got the same screen freezing problem. Could you please let us know if the issue has got resolved or not after the screen replacement? 
  • Yes,   Mobile is hanging frequently and not able to switch off or perform any action said:

Also Screen Freezing is also a problem after October Security patch update.

I want you Team Nokia to look above issues and solve in upcoming updates. 

• george v george v
    ✭✭  / 
    znellu said:
    george v said:
    Naveen said:
    Hi George. I've got the same screen freezing problem. Could you please let us know if the issue has got resolved or not okafter the screen replacement? 
    Hi Znellu. Yes, after the screen replacement, problem completely solved. Since then screen freezing never occurred again.
    It's definitely a hardware issue. In their return package they had put a report that said they tested the screen and it had electrical malfunction. For this reason they proceeded to its replacement.
    For all people out there that their phone has this problem: using common sense and taking into account that all Nokia 7+ phones use the exact same software but not all of them have this issue, it is inferred that the ones with the issue definitely have a hardware differentiation (malfunction actually) from the others that demands to be repaired.
  • liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 
    So am I the only 7 plus user with no issues regarding anything except battery backup ??🤔