Serious Issues Of Nokia 7 Plus- Users Of Nokia7plus please have a look - Page 8

II bought the new Nokia 7 Plus, after finding out my Microsoft Windows phone would no longer be updated. The phone cost $600.

Serious Issues Of Nokia 7 Plus- Users Of Nokia7plus please have a look

Comments

• II bought the new Nokia 7 Plus, after finding out my Microsoft Windows phone would no longer be updated. The phone cost $600. 7 weeks after purchasing it the screen froze, I could not turn off the phone or reboot it but the phone did eventually turn itself off but then would not turn back on. I returned it to the retailer (Harvey Norman) who told me that they had contacted the Nokia service team and it needed to be sent to them to look at and would be sent that day and I would be kept informed. Exactly 2 weeks later I get a saying my phone hasn't even been collected yet, the Nokia service team don't answer calls or keep the retailer on the phone for an hour but my phone is definitely going to them tomorrow so after 2 weeks without a mobile phone I am looking at another 2 weeks minimum before I get my phone back. I am very unimpressed with Nokia and feel it is time to swap to another brand despite having always had Nokia mobile phones since the first one I bought in 1996. Nokia, step up.
  • I was perfectly happy with the Nokia & Plus up until about 6 months ago, when I was getting odd behaviour when downloading apps such as Skype or Live Wallpaper apps. They would eventually install, and then take upwards of 5 minutes to launch, hanging on the splash screen. I would get multiple "This app isn't working" warnings but the app would eventually start. NOw it is happening with pretty much everything. I downloaded Onedrive, and it stalls on the splash screen and goes no further. If I use Google Chrome to download an image or wallpaper, either nothing happens or it downloads and says error. I have cleared caches, uninstalled literally any app I can live without. I have force stopped all the Google apps, cleared date and cache and in the end, went with the nuclear option and did a full reset and set up from scratch, but used a back up. For me this is clearly a Nokia issue. The fact that multiple apps are being affected and that I may often get Google Play Services errors on Google Play serviced apps like Movies or Books points to some disconnect between the software and the phone. It is becoming very frustrating, though I do have tons of storage now! My adaptive brightness data is gone, so I have to spend ages upping the brightness until it eventually starts to remember I like it bright. 

I'm hoping the Android 10 upgrade will sort this out, and I might do a nuclear reset before hand too.