Android Pie for Nokia 6 2018 TA 1054

Just want to know if an update for this phone will be done.

Android Pie for Nokia 6 2018 TA 1054

fwascheck fwascheck
✭✭  / 
Just want to know if an update for this phone will be done.

Comments

• wifi not working properly
  • fwascheck fwascheck
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the TA-1068 model and have gotten pie 2 weeks ago.
    Yeah, I've heard that, the problem is the TA 1054.....seems that won't receive any update.
  • sasho89 sasho89
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello friends. Iam using ta1054 before 2 weeks its take pie 9 from OTA, but isnt the same like others nokia 6.1. I have missed gestures for new navigarion bar and not take notifications on lockscreen.
  • fwascheck fwascheck
    ✭✭  / 
    sasho89 said:
    Hello friends. Iam using ta1054 before 2 weeks its take pie 9 from OTA, but isnt the same like others nokia 6.1. I have missed gestures for new navigarion bar and not take notifications on lockscreen.
    What a great news......fantastic. 
  • I have the TA-1068 model and have gotten pie 2 weeks ago.
    I have the same Nokia ta 1068
    And still waiting.... :/
  • sasho89 sasho89
    ✭✭  / 
    fwascheck said:
    sasho89 said:
    What a great news......fantastic. 
    The phone work more fasten, but this is disappointing for the missed options. And from Nokia technics say me, maybe with the next update will be work all options. The other choice is to use bootloader to unlock the phone and change Skuid from Cn to Ww. But the phone maybe be broken :neutral:
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    sasho89 said:
    Gesture navigation isn't enabled by default you have to enable it.

Go to settings>System>Gestures>Swipe up on home button and enable it.

And regarding the notification please check you lock screen settings.

Go to Settings>Security & location>lock screen preferences>On lock screen from there make sure you have the right settings selected for notifications on lock screen.
  • sasho89 sasho89
    ✭✭  / 
    d-mi said:
    sasho89 said:

Go to Settings>Security & location>lock screen preferences>On lock screen from there make sure you have the right settings selected for notifications on lock screen.
    I know how turn it on, but is missed. Didnt have them.
  • I had to reboot the device for the gesture navigation "pill" to appear. Merely toggling it on did not activate the feature as such. I read that on a Google Pixel or any other device with Pie it should just appear right away. Not on the 6.1.
  • sasho89 sasho89
    ✭✭  / 
    I had to reboot the device for the gesture navigation "pill" to appear. Merely toggling it on did not activate the feature as such. I read that on a Google Pixel or any other device with Pie it should just appear right away. Not on the 6.1.
    And now we must wait new release ? Because i love thus phone, for the price I pay its very good ☺️
  • TA 1068 
    Still waiting to pie ...
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 
    sasho89 said:
    d-mi said:
    sasho89 said:

Then reboot the device after the option is enabled which I believe you already did and still if it doesn't appear. Perform a factory reset.
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    TA 1068 
    Still waiting to pie ...
    Take out the sim and Reset to factory
    Setup as a new phone but skip through a lot of the setup. Set the language to English India during the setup. Be sure not to sign into your Google account and skip this part.
    Once setup, connect to wifi and sideload a VPN app that allows you to connect to India. E.g I googled India APK and installed the app.
    connect to a VPN in India using the installed app.
    open the dialer and type *#*#checkin#*#* dont press phone, just wait for it to load - replace checkin with the matching numbers on the dialer
    check for updates
    let the phone download and install the update. it may need to restart
    After its successfully installed, reset to factory settings again and then setup the phone with your sim card and restore from a backup or setup as a new phone.

Poland ta-1043 work

"Copied from another thread try if this helps"
  • sasho89 sasho89
    ✭✭  / 
    d-mi said:
    sasho89 said:
    d-mi said:
    sasho89 said:

Then reboot the device after the option is enabled which I believe you already did and still if it doesn't appear. Perform a factory reset.
    I do every thing, now when i readed your both post for 1043, i will try it with my phone.
  • fwascheck fwascheck
    ✭✭  / 
    sasho89 said:
    How did you get this update?
  • sasho89 sasho89
    ✭✭  / 
    fwascheck said:
    sasho89 said:
    How did you get this update?
    I have notification for OS update to pie 9. But after i saw that not the same update like others 6.1 versions. Now my build id is 00ww_3_270, not 00ww_3_260. And now didnt get the november SP for pie......

• maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Not every model receives same update at the same time, looks like you have a small update of the original 3_260 version.
  • sasho89 sasho89
    ✭✭  / 
    maxh said:
    Not every model receives same update at the same time, looks like you have a small update of the original 3_260 version.
    I understood, if I download manualy v.3.260 and try to install it ? Or to wait for OTA :open_mouth:
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My choice is waiting for the OTA.
  • sasho89 sasho89
    ✭✭  / 
    maxh said:
    Ok, but I have not recive notification now for november SP.... Because my version isn't the same....
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 
    sasho89 said:
    maxh said:
    Ok, but I have not recive notification now for november SP.... Because my version isn't the same....
    Did you check for the update manually?
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 
    sasho89 said:
    maxh said:
  • Bvenkeye Bvenkeye
    ✭✭  / 
    After updating to android 9 pie, the menu has a new function adaptive battery. but when trying to change the programs running in the background, the message "Warning" appears. My phone is Nokia 6.1 TA-1089 running Android 9.0 Pie. Does anyone have this same issue?  
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 
    After updating to android 9 pie, the menu has a new function adaptive battery. but when trying to change the programs running in the background, the message "Warning" appears. My phone is Nokia 6.1 TA-1089 running Android 9.0 Pie. Does anyone have this same issue?  
    It's with everyone. Adaptive battery of no use so far I think it's broken if you face battery drain issue turn off adaptive brightness as well and turn of NFC unless you need it.
  • sasho89 sasho89
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    d-mi said:
    sasho89 said:
    maxh said:
    Yes, I check every day for OTA, but not recived.... :neutral:
    I'am stuck on 1st October security patch.....
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Suggest you wait for the dec patch. Don't expect it within 2 weeks. 
  • user1539701761364 user1539701761364
     /  edited December 2018
    So i got the android 9 updated today on my 6.1 TA-1054. But i have this problem.I open the Settings app, then i swipe up the home button, and i cant clear it away. I see a small lock icon near the Settings icon. Please help me with this.
  • sasho89 sasho89
    ✭✭  / 
    So i got the android 9 updated today on my 6.1 TA-1054. But i have this problem.I open the Settings app, then i swipe up the home button, and i cant clear it away. I see a small lock icon near the Settings icon. Please help me with this.
    What is your build id ?
  • fwascheck fwascheck
    ✭✭  / 
    Unfortunately no updates to my Nokia 6.1....the last one is the security path from November/17
  • Same here.
    Got TA-1054 Chinese version on AliExpress 1 years ago.
    Stuck on 1st October Security Patch
    Cellular data isn't working after updating the security patch too.