Bootloader unlock for nokia devices

We all love the stock Android experience, bloat free and simple. But one thing it lacks is the presence of certain features, especially after pie. Eg:

Bootloader unlock for nokia devices

We all love the stock Android experience, bloat free and simple. But one thing it lacks is the presence of certain features, especially after pie. Eg: call recording, themeing, in built screen recording etc. Nokia can also grow their market share by simply doing this one thing. You'll can attract the large developer community. You can take our warranty, we don't mind, but we have paid for our device. Allow us to use it to the fullest. Please support this so that Nokia and hmd consider it.

Comments

• im in....
  • Yes, Nokia we want open bootloader so we can try custom roms and you can attract more customers...provide us support to unlock bootloader
  • sajnam sajnam
    ✭✭  / 
    Please allow us to unlock our phone bootloader and release kernel sources
  • Itu bought my Nokia device by my money , also Nokia or hmd should know that the device is full as mine. So let's me do anything for my device especially for unlock my bootloader. 
  • i think Nokia already have site unlock bootloader web https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/bootloader
  • xkirazgmf said:
    i think Nokia already have site unlock bootloader web https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/bootloader
    That's only for nokia 8
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    We all love the stock Android experience, bloat free and simple. But one thing it lacks is the presence of certain features, especially after pie. Eg: call recording, themeing, in built screen recording etc. Nokia can also grow their market share by simply doing this one thing. You'll can attract the large developer community. You can take our warranty, we don't mind, but we have paid for our device. Allow us to use it to the fullest. Please support this so that Nokia and hmd consider it.
    Everything you said is correct but Nokia can't provide calling recording on pie because Google dropped the support for it & screen recording isn't allowed as it's an android one device, use a third party app for it. At last theming isn't a part of stock android.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    xkirazgmf said:
    i think Nokia already have site unlock bootloader web https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/bootloader
    That's only for nokia 8
    Because it isn't an android one device 😛
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes. Having a choice shouldn't hurt anybody. In fact, many of the users who bought a Nokia 7 plusplus now feeling neglected when pie has got an October update but no fixes were provided for the ui glitches. 6.1+ still hasn't got the notch hide option back. 7 plus lost it's face unlock but it wasn't added back. Some of the problems are fixable by the community android enthusiasts. It's our phone we paid for, so it should be our decision on the software. Warranty can be voided if hmd is fearing more bricked devices, but it's a pain for the folks who know their way around to be locked to a bare bones androidone. If you can't add features like you do to China ROM, at least give us the chance to unlock bootloader, give us kernel sources on time so we can build our own software and provide stock firmware, either fastboot flashable or release OST for all. I've personally seen many folks not picking up a Nokia device and going to other OEMs like poco or mi just because how bare bones "stock" is. We're not asking for another TouchWiz or MIUI like skin, you can give whatever you want but let us have the freedom we desire and deserve. Let us build and run our own roms.  By locking the bootloaders, we are stuck with your 2-3 years support after which a perfectly capable device would have to be retired, just because it won't be getting any updates. But with bootloader unlock, we'd have many choices including newer GSIs straight from Google (they're working on that) even after official support ends. There are great devs and talented people who directly influence a whole big community, so it's not a small fraction of users you're missing out on, rather is a niche left untouched. Community folks are the ones their friends turn to when they need "geek" advices, not paid reviewers on YouTube. A vibrant community (like oneplus or old Moto) boosts the popularity of the devices and company, which eventually makes it a favourite among new and old users alike. I hope CPO Mr. Juho Sarvikas thinks a bit about this and let us contribute to make Nokia the No. 1 brand again, genuinely. Regards, Gravemind2015
    6.1 plus has the feature of hiding notch , hidden under developer option 😛. But the should allow bootloader unlocking.
  • im in.. agree
  • We all love the stock Android experience, bloat free and simple. But one thing it lacks is the presence of certain features, especially after pie. Eg: call recording, themeing, in built screen recording etc. Nokia can also grow their market share by simply doing this one thing. You'll can attract the large developer community. You can take our warranty, we don't mind, but we have paid for our device. Allow us to use it to the fullest. Please support this so that Nokia and hmd consider it.
    Everything you said is correct but Nokia can't provide calling recording on pie because Google dropped the support for it & screen recording isn't allowed as it's an android one device, use a third party app for it. At last theming isn't a part of stock android.
    The Chinese version of pie supports all this, except themeing. Themeing is possible on custom roms (rros etc.) But we can't try it cuz of locked bootloader
  • join the peticcion unlock bootloader nokia 7 plus que mierda es eso quiero el terminal libre para hacer lo que mw da la gana no me voy a comprar mas nokia es una mierda **** off
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The Chinese version of pie supports all this, except themeing. Themeing is possible on custom roms (rros etc.) But we can't try it cuz of locked bootloader
    But Chinese variant isn't Android One
  • Mr.Cube Mr.Cube
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes! Nokia, please consider unlocking our bootloaders so independent developers can improve on you work in areas where your creativity is restricted by google and it's patents!
    We can make the Nokia-Experience great again!

#MakeNokiaGreatAgain!

(I hate this MAGA stuff, but right now I see no better alternative to using Trump speach)
  • xkirazgmf said:
    That's only for nokia 8

Then what abt the mi a1, a2, Moto one
  • We all love the stock Android experience, bloat free and simple. But one thing it lacks is the presence of certain features, especially after pie. Eg: call recording, themeing, in built screen recording etc. Nokia can also grow their market share by simply doing this one thing. You'll can attract the large developer community. You can take our warranty, we don't mind, but we have paid for our device. Allow us to use it to the fullest. Please support this so that Nokia and hmd consider it.
    You said PIE doesn't support call recording, wether it is android one or not. But china pie supports it. If you don't want bl unlock, please don't participate.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    You said PIE doesn't support call recording, wether it is android one or not. But china pie supports it. If you don't want bl unlock, please don't participate.
    You can check that pie doesn't support calling recording until the device is rooted, so Chinese variant can have calling recording because nokia can do so but for android one device it can't.
  • Yes! Nokia, please consider unlocking our bootloaders so independent developers can improve on you work in areas where your creativity is restricted by google and it's patents!
    We can make the Nokia-Experience great again!

#MakeNokiaGreatAgain!
    You can check that pie doesn't support calling recording until the device is rooted, so Chinese variant can have calling recording because nokia can do so but for android one device it can't.
    THATS WHY WE WANT BL UNLOCK TO INSTALL A GSI WHICH HAS THAT FEATURE
  • xkirazgmf said:
    That's only for nokia 8

Then what abt the mi a1, a2, Moto one power? All are android one and support bl unlock
  • xkirazgmf said:
    That's only for nokia 8
    Because it isn't an android one device

What about mi a1 and a2? Moto one power?
  • xkirazgmf said:
    That's only for nokia 8
    That way even the mi a2, a1 and Moto one power are android one devices, all support bl unlock
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    xkirazgmf said:
    That's only for nokia 8
    That way even the mi a2, a1 and Moto one power are android one devices, all support bl unlock
    Sorry for my incomplete knowledge. You are right. But Nokia isn't providing bl unlocking for it's Android one device and we can only ask for in fourm 😶
  • mr999 mr999
     /  edited November 2018
    xkirazgmf said:
    That's only for nokia 8
    MI & Moto doesn't use Full kernel from Stock , cameras UI they Have own 

about boot-loader : its locked by 2 ways depend how manufacturer implement it 
    1st Googles own security which they use in Nexus or Pixel devices 
    but i did not see any device yet which use google security at all 
    after project treble still vendor have to implement their own code as well 
    these devices just on name STOCK but some where still they have own codes 
    like even in cameras or security . 

also stop compare what Nokia India Doesn't Have and what Chinese Version have 
    i used my self Nokia Android Nokia 7 , Nokia 7+ , Nokia X6 , Nokia X5 
    i compare on Youtube Nokia X6 with Nokia 6.1+ and that is only 1 video 
    where any one does it and i feel my self Chinese UI far better than Android 1 
    remember since devices Under Project Treble you not need to worry on updates 
    and support , till now Chinese variant got faster updates than Indian or global 
    Better we must make thread to make Indian variant as well as same as Chinese . 

back on topic of Boot-loader : boot-loaders mostly locked because end user can not access 
    Root Areas and this is related to payment systems as well , i know every one want to use 
    different roms different things on their devices , but you guys and include me we pay for 
    1 Device and under all agreement , not for any vendor policy where we force them to do 
    what we looking for , already some devices they officially unlock and they will do also 
    which they can easily , many reverse engineers working on the subject also 
    and they do not need files from vendor to do this they know how to do it , 
    vendor open this ERA as you people claim MI MOTO unlock but does not mean every vendor should do also , after Jio in India many people become Tech enthusiast but you guys need to know also if you use your device for payments etc then you will loose at the end because there will be bundles of way to exploit the device easily . just open single thread instead of spamming in each and every thread  where open voting for the issue and let Nokia see how many peoples are in this que . 

Regards, 
    Mr999 :smile:

• Pls unlock ur n7p otherwise we are to go to op6t with great features and with more renowned devs. 
    Bye