Removal of Google Search bar from home screen

Please provide the option to remove Google search bar from the home screen.

Removal of Google Search bar from home screen

Tagged:

Comments

• Also it is showing only Google apps in frequently used row on the top..
    Where is never use Photos and rarely use Maps.
  • Pratik Pawar Pratik Pawar
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    Nokia 6.1 plus is android one device (so you've got to live with it) and it is less likely we will get option to remove search bar in stable version too. If you really hate it then I'd suggest you try a launcher such as Nova Launcher or similar app.

Also it is showing only Google apps in frequently used row on the top..
    Where is never use Photos and rarely use Maps.
    It is a bug of beta version. For your actual frequently used apps you need one of the frequently used apps in the memory. Hopefully this will be fixed in next update.
  • Dear Nokia.. Lots of people all over the world are fan of yours. But  the problem is Google search bar at the bottom of pie version. it's very irritating. Please  humble request that give an option to remove it or move it to any where of display. We Don't like it fixed on bottom. Pls make it fix with a update. 😢 
  • Dear Nokia.. Lots of people all over the world are fan of yours. But  the problem is Google search bar at the bottom of pie version. it's very irritating. Please  humble request that give an option to remove it or move it to any where of display. We Don't like it fixed on bottom. Pls make it fix with a update. 😢 
    You can use other launcher buddy (like Nova launcher)
  • I'm not getting updates from October please provide me
  • Not only is this searchbar unwanted and disturbing. It even does not work on my phone. I tried nova launcer but it did not keep my widgets. then I tried microsoft launcher. It kept my widgets.
  • shin shin
     / 
    try lean launcher, you can remove the google searh bar, and it has double tap to sleep option..
  • shin shin
     / 

• d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/41454/oneplus-launcher-no-root-required#latest
  • Amrit78677 Amrit78677
    ✭✭  / 
    Please provide an option for remove the Google bar from home screen
  • sagar more sagar more
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Those who want to remove that search bar, please change your device to any cheap or low graded brand. 

Nokia is an Android one device and that's how the perfect device android pie update will look. So don't complaint anything regarding that search bar. That's how it is meant to be.

Nokia is Love ❤️
  • user1534928181606 user1534928181606
    ✭✭  /  edited January 26
    Those who want to remove that search bar, please change your device to any cheap or low graded brand. 

Nokia is an Android one device and that's how the perfect device android pie update will look. So don't complaint anything regarding that search bar. That's how it is meant to be.

Nokia is Love ❤️
    I also love nokia.But there are some brands which are not cheaper than nokia and they have their own well optimised custom ui.
        To be frank it is really annoying because of the placement of the search bar at the bottom.
         One can use any launchers to remove that.
    Instead of criticising someone give a solution.
         Remember you are not a multimillionaire.
    You are also eating the same food as those people who are using some low graded brand.
  • planetoidx planetoidx
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Well...I don't think Nokia can do anything about the search bar at the bottom. As it is an Android One device, which means it is up to Google to fix it.

The software belongs to Google and the hardware belongs to Nokia (exception being apps like Support and Stock Cam).
  • Well I don't know neither why this is not possible in some phones. I'm from Europe and own an 6.1 plus international version which is not imported in eirope and one of my colleague owns a Nokia 6 2018 normallysold in Europe. Both on Android 9. And he can remove it and I can', regional specifications ?
  • pohlipit pohlipit
    ✭✭  / 
    This really needs to be fixed. It's ridiculous not to be able to remove the search bar
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well I don't know neither why this is not possible in some phones. I'm from Europe and own an 6.1 plus international version which is not imported in eirope and one of my colleague owns a Nokia 6 2018 normallysold in Europe. Both on Android 9. And he can remove it and I can', regional specifications ?
    Hi, Android One's stock launcher is Google's money making business. So, the search bar cannot be removed. Now, if your friend can remove it, it is either of the two:
    1. He owns a phone which runs on the Chinese ROM. That is different from the Android One version sold globally.
    2. He is using a different launcher app. If you want to give it a try, Nova Launcher is my favourite. If you go there and confg it well, you will never come back to stock.
    I am hoping since long that Nokia walks out of the Android One program. It is earning Nokia nothing but a bad name.