What does the acronym HMD stand for?

I've looked into this, and it isn't clear who actually owns HMD.

What does the acronym HMD stand for?

hashkey hashkey
✭✭  /  edited November 2018
 I've looked into this, and it isn't clear who actually owns HMD. I know there are VC companies involved, but quite a lot of the threads seem to run back to Foxconn- certain elements of that relationship are out in the open but is HMD actually Hon Hai Mobile Device?

Comments

• wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    But the reality is Microsoft has beaten apple in most valued company.
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    But the reality is Microsoft has beaten apple in most valued company.
    Reference was made to Microsoft Mobile indeed, not to whole company Dear @wyk
    (As such, Nokia was never shut down)
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I generally dont like to comment on dead body. 😆 😆 
  • No one knows about the abbreviation. Even HDM employees 😂😂
  • hdisowjdj3838 hdisowjdj3838
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't even think there's a meaning behind it, but that's just me 😅
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I was just wondering this same thing! I think @naufrago is probably very close!

As for who owns HMD, un sure I read on Nokiamob.net that Stephen Elop is involved with one of the VCs...
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I was just wondering this same thing! I think @naufrago is probably very close!

As for who owns HMD, un sure I read on Nokiamob.net that Stephen Elop is involved with one of the VCs...
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Maybe it stands for Huey (Duck) Mickey (Mouse) Donald (Duck)? :o  
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Since I became aware of TNS Mobile (wholly owned subsidiary of FIH Mobile, works exclusively with HMD Global AFAIK and shares the same offices in Finland) I think that there is a link between the acronyms HMD and TNS...

Hope Microsoft Dies?

T??? Nokia S???

Till Nokia Succeeds?
  • Khaa Leel Khaa Leel
    ✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Since I became aware of TNS Mobile (wholly owned subsidiary of FIH Mobile, works exclusively with HMD Global AFAIK and shares the same offices in Finland) I think that there is a link between the acronyms HMD and TNS...

Hope Microsoft Dies?

T??? Nokia S???

Till Nokia Succeeds?
    Well to what happened lately according to data leaks, HMD stands for Have MData Global, from China all the way to Singapore 😂
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    In Indonesia they believe that HMD means "Hello Mobile Devices"! And the Nokiamob team also speculate that it could be "Home of Mobile Devices" or "Hey Man, a Duck"! :D
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

madbilly said:

Hope Microsoft Dies?

T??? Nokia S???

Till Nokia Succeeds?
    Oh boy! I need the WOW 😮😮😮 reaction to be added to this community, exclusively for reacting to this comment 😂