Got splashed by water and now cannot open applications properly

Has any of you encoutered this issue?

Got splashed by water and now cannot open applications properly

Has any of you encoutered this issue?

I was taking pictures of my son having his swimming lessons when  he splashed water at me, making my Nokia soaked   a bit. 

After that, my nokia 6 keeps vibrating as if the home button is being pressed without me doing it... If I open an app, it would just close or put it in the background, making me unable to use it.

I had to place the unti in my rice box to absorb some moist which may be caused by the splash.. I placed it there for 2 days...and..unfortunately, same problem appears.

Can you guys share if you have encountered this and what have you done to resolve the issue.

Thank you so much.

Comments

• TonyB TonyB
     / 
    Hi, for older phones with removable battery that have gotten wet, I have removed the battery and put the phone on a warm dry place, here in the UK that would be an airing cupboard (this is a cupboard typically with the hot water storage tank inside it that had some space for blankets and towels etc.). A day or two in there with it powered off, might dry out the phone enough to restore normal working. If not, then suspect some electrical damage which probably means a repair is necessary.
    Good luck,