Finally an HMD moderator replied about the "delayed" security update for these phones!

We all know that these Nokia phones - Nokia 2, 5, 6, 8 haven't received the march security patch even the april one.

Finally an HMD moderator replied about the "delayed" security update for these phones!

cooljevil cooljevil
✭✭✭  / 
We all know that these Nokia phones - Nokia 2, 5, 6, 8 haven't received the march security patch even the april one. Because of all the complains, finally, a moderator replied. See the screenshot below:

Comments

• Azuwaza Azuwaza
     / 
    And new build Android 9 Pie MR UPDATE when?
  • Chokugin Chokugin
    ✭✭  / 
    Just got the March Security Update at last
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Does it solve any of the pie bugs??
  • Does it solve any of the pie bugs??
    Focus pumping in camera still there, possibly worsened

LTE/4G modem still crashes and requires reboot about once a week (might, however be sim card dependent or something but I never had the problem with my Samsung A3). Sadly this does not seem HMD/Nokia dependent but rather some poor implementation in generic Pie. There are forum threads on other generic China phone platform manufacturers - Xiaomi, OnePlus etc, regarding various strange LTE problems.

Memory management does however seem improved, no swamping, leaking and desperate killing of apps anymore.

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Tobias R said:
    Does it solve any of the pie bugs??
    Focus pumping in camera still there, possibly worsened

LTE/4G modem still crashes and requires reboot about once a week (might, however be sim card dependent or something but I never had the problem with my Samsung A3). Sadly this does not seem HMD/Nokia dependent but rather some poor implementation in generic Pie. There are forum threads on other generic China phone platform manufacturers - Xiaomi, OnePlus etc, regarding various strange LTE problems.

Memory management does however seem improved, no swamping, leaking and desperate killing of apps anymore.

The camera problem was solved on Nokia 5 (only certain hardware models where affected). Seems they "reset" all the fixes with the PIE update, which is expected, unfortunately...

Problem is: it took MONTHS for them to fix the bugs in OREO... will they care now? Phones are already with 1 and some almost 2 years use...

I WON'T upgrade to PIE :\ I think my Nokia will die with OREO, or i will just upgrade to send it to the tech support as many times as it takes to be refunded (2 year warranty, after all...)
  • cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The focus pumping issue is noticable especially when recording a video. It is not completely fixed yet. Even if I use other camera apps, the bug is still present.
  • besi besi
    ✭✭  / 
    GebenSince the pie update I can not change my wallpaper I have tried everything the cell phone factory reset but the problem still exists? Sie Ihren Kommentar ein