How to downgrade pie to oreo

My handset Nokia 5.1plus is updated to pie9 i want to downgrade my handset to Oreo 8 plz

How to downgrade pie to oreo

Nitu Nitu
 / 
My handset Nokia 5.1plus is updated to pie9 i want to downgrade my handset to Oreo 8 plz

Answers

• naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 9
    Hello @Nitu ;
    There is no way back to Oreo unless you unlock the bootloader which Nokia does not allow for the moment.
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nitu said:
    The only way is to go to nearest nokia care centre.
  • Same my 5.1 plus has the same issue.. pie update not working properly..
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 18

Hello user,before you get rollback to android oreo,please make sure that if your device get issue with few things then you may wait for next security update as they contains improvements in stability.
    Most of the device after getting updated to new os will have few issue which can be managed by heading up settings and going to relavant section there you can configure as you like

PLEASE NOTE THAT AFTER EVERY OS UPGRADES,OLDER OS STILL GET SECURITY UPDATES FOR ONLY LESS THAN SIX MONTHS ONLY. NEW OS WILL GET REGULAR UPDATES AS USUAL.ALSO HMD RECOMMENDS USERS TO BE IN LATEST SECURITY/SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR SMOOTH EXPERIENCE OF THEIR DEVICES
  • user1520881638007 said:

Hello user,before you get rollback to android oreo,please make sure that if your device get issue with few things then you may wait for next security update as they contains improvements in stability.
    Most of the device after getting updated to new os will have few issue which can be managed by heading up settings and going to relavant section there you can configure as you like

PLEASE NOTE THAT AFTER EVERY OS UPGRADES,OLDER OS STILL GET SECURITY UPDATES FOR ONLY LESS THAN SIX MONTHS ONLY. NEW OS WILL GET REGULAR UPDATES AS USUAL.ALSO HMD RECOMMENDS USERS TO BE IN LATEST SECURITY/SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR SMOOTH EXPERIENCE OF THEIR DEVICES

The problem is that even after the latest update my phone(6.1+) still has problems; apps shut down while using, battery drain, phone heats app, YouTube flickering, phone lags in split screen e.t.c... It just makes the phone to hectic to use.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Kevin M I even understand your issue but what reality is that HMD doesn't have a software recovery tool that can revert the OS and also for every thing they only suggest to visit nearest care center.That's why you can opt anyone of that either staying in the latest OS or visiting to care center for reverting
  • Kriksa Kriksa
    ✭✭  / 
    i recently upgraded oreo in to pie...after upgrade during call suddly signal lost,i need to restart every after calls.. please any suggestion...
  • with this update hmd make from good phone (nokia 5) piece of crap with two times faster discharging battery... they should not push this update, or push instead android one for this hardware...
  • Benaben Benaben
     / 
    When I updated to Android 9, my Nokia 5.1 started overheating too much .It can boil some cofee. Google better do something please 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😪😪😪😪
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 5
    @Benaben
    Hello,just check the background app permission whether they may changed after the Android 9 upgrade.Also please enable the developer settings for more control of background app running.

Remember that HMD doesn't have any software for Windows/Mac OS to make any revert to previous OS,but you can get that firmware from a third party website but you need to use the ADB to revert the device completely.this may be risky one but if you want to proceed then you can.Also please note that you may have chance to loose the warranty too.
    Otherwise go to Nokia Care and get it flashed to Oreo 8.1