• StefanT StefanT
    ✭✭  / 
    Update in Macedonia too!
  • artful splodger artful splodger
    ✭✭  / 
    Update in UK on giff gaff 
  • Nate Nate
    ✭✭  / 

Updating as of writing from the Philippines. 
  • Pechu Pechu
    ✭✭  / 
    Update in India too....
  • user1536323754226 user1536323754226
    ✭✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:
    A German user reported Germany as well (and my Nokia 8 is still on repair...
    Look forward to it! Have posted elsewhere, too. Alles klar! I have a compass, the phone makes calls and records click-free video - though focus is still 3 seconds and 720p and 1080p are still EIS.
    Nothing wrong with the microphones at all, it was in software.
  • Nelson Leonel Nelson Leonel
    ✭✭  / 
    Portugal, Vodafone, updated too.
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have a compass, the phone makes calls and records click-free video - though focus is still 3 seconds and 720p and 1080p are still EIS.
    Nothing wrong with the microphones at all, it was in software.
    Actually, when some people have a problem with something and others don't, that's more indicative of hardware issue. I have 5.150 installed, still get clicks with recorded audio. If you don't get any clicks and have the same software installed as I do, that means something is wrong with my phone's hardware.
  • Got it on o2 in Germany around noon today. 
  • Aivars Tīde Aivars Tīde
    ✭✭  / 
    Available in Latvia (TA-1004)
  • theblaker theblaker
    ✭✭  / 

Available in Ireland on Three network
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Here on BT Mobile in the UK as well (255.4MB) on a SIM free TA-1012.
  • Jugurtha Jugurtha
    ✭✭  / 
    Update 5.150 in. France too 😃
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 6
    My wifes Nokia 8 now matches my Nokia 8.1 exactly in Sky Map, not jigging around like a mentalist any more, however the Nokia 8 still doesn't point north correctly when using a compass :(

EDIT:

Both phones were calibrated.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 6
    This doesn't look very promising indeed ... I'll test it as soon as I get mine back :#

• wild50 wild50
    ✭✭  / 
    My compass are ok. 
  • Wilbert Wilbert
     / 
    mrbelter said:
    My wifes Nokia 8 now matches my Nokia 8.1 exactly in Sky Map, not jigging around like a mentalist any more, however the Nokia 8 still doesn't point north correctly when using a compass :(

EDIT:

When you use  2 magnetic compass together they also influence each other...
    Try to  create more distance...?
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Wilbert said:
    mrbelter said:

EDIT:

When you use  2 magnetic compass together they also influence each other...
    Try to  create more distance...?
    I tried them separately first and lets be honest if they were magnetic in anyway the real compass would have gone bananas.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Panic over, i gave the Nokia 8 a couple of reboots and the compass got better and better after each reboot to where it is now following the real compass very accurately, i am not sure what that was about but it was like my árse to start with.
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I tried this with two other Nokia 5s.
    With the 8 in the middle both 5s pointed N while my 8 pointed NW.
    Here we go I thought.
    But it turns out which ever phone was in the middle pointed NW...... Phew 😄
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I compared Nokia 8 with Nokia 6 and they show the same north.  ;)
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Well I'm currently on Pie, on April patch, with root and CF.lumen installed to tame the image retention as well as slight color calibration to make it just a bit nicer to look at. I could live with this.
    As long as.. well, the display survives..
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/comment/106425/#Comment_106425
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    But the camera at low light with flash is the same garbage. It always refocus and choose low ISO. 
    I'm forced to switch to Pro mode and to set the ISO to 800 and to be able to take perfect low light photos with flash.
  • Serbia too, new update!
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    But the camera at low light with flash is the same garbage. It always refocus and choose low ISO. 
    I'm forced to switch to Pro mode and to set the ISO to 800 and to be able to take perfect low light photos with flash.
    Yeah, no, the camera is still trash, flash is useless (once again, get Gcam for that) and the phone may end up in warranty in the near future, but.. it's the little things at this point. 
  • Geordiemick Geordiemick
    ✭✭  / 
    Amazingly, I've managed to update with no SIM card installed. I knew that blaming the operators was bogus as my phones factory unlocked so it didn't matter and the update doesn't come through them anyway. Still selling it though. It's just easier to keep a straight face when everything is working.
  • nosferatu nosferatu
    ✭✭  / 
    At last they corrected the voice assistant!)
  • Czech Republic finally got the first update for Nokia 8 after 5 months (the last one we had was January 1st SP).
  • user1516287471033 user1516287471033
    ✭✭  / 
    Still no April patch in Greece, Vodafone. Anyone from Greece here?
  • StefanT StefanT
    ✭✭  / 
    @user1516287471033 in Macedonia we have it, but you can downloaded from here and install it manually. https://bit.ly/nokia-nb1 open ota file and you will find NB1-5.150 file and download it on the sd card,, then go in the recovery menu and apply update from the sd card, find the file and select it, thats all ;) have a nice day my friend!
  • guru guru
    ✭✭  / 
    India... Got it now. TA-1004