5.150 known bugs? - Page 3

(Quote) 
Please tell me how to downgrade pie v5.150 ???

5.150 known bugs?

Comments

• DExTOR said:
    when my phone battery is low.  It will be powered off. I hate it. Please help me fix it :((((
    I just downgraded pie v5.150 to oreo and everything is back to the normal.
    Battery is charging perfectly,no frequently restart,no stammering audio and google map is working great.
    Pie still have lots bugs which need to be resolved. until than oreo is the best. 
    Please tell me how to downgrade pie v5.150 ???
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    @user389 and @Feelman I think I'm not actually replicating the same bug as you after all. I followed the steps again and this time I didn't get the blank app. However, I often get a case where the task switcher doesn't show me previews of the apps, only blanks. I will report this, but I can't report what you describe as I don't think I am experiencing that bug.

EDIT:
    Bugs reported to support:
    I just updated my phone from Android 8.1 to the latest build of Android 9 for the Nokia 8. 

The task switcher in Android 9 does not store as many apps as in Android 8.1. On Android 8.1 I could keep 5-6 apps in the task switcher view without problem and if I opened a lot of apps it would gradually reduce this to 5-6 again. This was acceptable as it normally kept my most frequently used apps available. However, Android 9 is much more aggressive at removing apps from the switcher view - too aggressive, it always reduces the amount of apps shown to just 3, which is not sufficient. It is actually inconvenient to use the task switcher, because I open it and see that the app I want isn't there and I have to go to the launcher and reload it - it takes at least twice as many actions and more than twice the time than on Oreo 8.1. The really frustrating thing is that I know the apps are still running in the background because they give me notifications! Please tell me how to allow the task switcher to keep more apps available, which setting do I need to change?

Another problem is that I often get a case where the task switcher doesn't show me previews of the apps, only blanks. I can't find a pattern for this behaviour but I would like to stop it happening. Is there a setting which controls this?
    Cheers :)
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    user389 said:
    @Jivko Antonov ,
    I can't replicate the missing fingerprint issue on my phone - please post step-by-step how to provoke the error?
    -- 
    Hans
    Just deplete the battery and the phone will turn off. When you plug in the charger, start the phone between 1% and 5% of charge and the fingerprints will be missing. I tested this 2 times after every new firmware. 
    Also again tested that if you start the phone after 20% the fingerprints will be always there. This also was tested 2 times with 5.150.
  • Any improvement for the camera in v.5.1.50?
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    RedmooN said:
    Any improvement for the camera in v.5.1.50?
    No.
  • My phone gets rebooting continuosly as I open camera .. pls help me
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Just deplete the battery and the phone will turn off. When you plug in the charger, start the phone between 1% and 5% of charge and the fingerprints will be missing. I tested this 2 times after every new firmware. 
    Also again tested that if you start the phone after 20% the fingerprints will be always there. This also was tested 2 times with 5.150.
    I forgot to test, again! - It's not how I use a smartphone.
    Errors like this is automatically reported to the developers via the User Experience Program on phones that are affected by the issue (in Settings > System > About phone - the telemetry in on by default).
    Android's biometrics and hardware security was updated with Pie ... and as with other new features it's possibly not completely finished yet.
    --
    Hans
  • gavias2 gavias2
     /  edited May 2019
    Video autofocus in Nokia 8  its not working to distant objects that the focus sensor doesn't reach. The autofocus its always adjusting focus in a loop.
    The update 5.150, changed the câmera firmware from v100.0096.03. to v100.0098.01 
    Its not possible to use the video camera, when the objects are far away!!!!
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks for that one. I haven't noticed it myself because I normally film things which are close to me. Is this the same bug which existed before?
  • madbilly said:
    Thanks for that one. I haven't noticed it myself because I normally film things which are close to me. Is this the same bug which existed before?
    No. Before, for sure, this autofocus issue didnt happen. Seams that the HMD developers didnt do the tests after the firmware upgrade!
    Now, I dont know if they will correct this, and how many time they will take.
    HDM should know that the camera its very important to users, and should be  treated carefully. For instance, the spectacular Huawei growth have to be mainly with the camera quality.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    gavias2 said:
    Video autofocus in Nokia 8  its not working to distant objects that the focus sensor doesn't reach. The autofocus its always adjusting focus in a loop.
    The update 5.150, changed the câmera firmware from v100.0096.03. to v100.0098.01 
    The thing is the AF system will only work up to a certain distance before it decides the subject is just too far away and select the maximum focus distance, I'd imagine 30 feet is the same as 3 million feet as far as the AF system is concerned. Just tried it using my wife's Nokia 8 (TA-1012) running 5.150 and when shooting a video it all works as it should.

• mrbelter said:
    gavias2 said:
    The thing is the AF system will only work up to a certain distance before it decides the subject is just too far away and select the maximum focus distance, I'd imagine 30 feet is the same as 3 million feet as far as the AF system is concerned. Just tried it using my wife's Nokia 8 (TA-1012) running 5.150 and when shooting a video it all works as it should.

The AF should fix the the focus at infinite when the sensor doesn't detect an object. Byound a possible explanation, the fact is that the autofocus in video isnt working and before the 5.150 upgrade  was working fine.
    Iam glad that your wife's Nokia 8 (TA-1012) is working, but my Nokia 8 TA-1004, its not working.
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Sounds like a problem on your phone, maybe hardware, maybe software.
    Try going into the apps settings and select reset settings see if that helps.
  • Mick1965 said:
    Its a great match that after the upgrade this happened. Note that the phone didnt fall. 

You are refering to Reset app preferences?
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    gavias2 said:
    mrbelter said:
    gavias2 said:

The AF should fix the the focus at infinite when the sensor doesn't detect an object. Byound a possible explanation, the fact is that the autofocus in video isnt working and before the 5.150 upgrade  was working fine.
    Iam glad that your wife's Nokia 8 (TA-1012) is working, but my Nokia 8 TA-1004, its not working.
    I'm so glad you are happy my wife's phone is working, you've really made her day.

However this does beg the question does your Nokia 8 TA-1004 have a fault rather than it being an issue with the firmware given you appear to be a solitary voice pointing out this issue when it should be easily repeatable by every Nokia 8 owner.
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The focus was always $hite with the constant refocusing, but I've not noticed any changes in how it works from Oreo to Pie. 
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    gavias2 said:
    Mick1965 said:
    Its a great match that after the upgrade this happened. Note that the phone didnt fall. 

You are refering to Reset app preferences?
    Yes. There's an option in the apps settings to reset to default settings.
    If that does not help then try clearing data and cache from the phones settings> apps and notifications>camera>storage
  • ignas said:
    The focus was always $hite with the constant refocusing, but I've not noticed any changes in how it works from Oreo to Pie. 
    The issue that I have reported its not the "normal" issue in Nokia 8 autofocus. Its a constant loop; the focus readjustment never stops. 
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    gavias2 said:
    ignas said:
    The issue that I have reported its not the "normal" issue in Nokia 8 autofocus. Its a constant loop; the focus readjustment never stops. 
    As ignas said if it is constantly hunting focus this is normal (albeit a pain in the árse, please include a focus lock HMD) but if it is "looping" then it isn't normal to everyone one and could possibly be a hardware fault like it or not.

Just like the wave/wobble effect people see on videos doesn't affect everyone either.

• gavias2 gavias2
     /  edited May 2019
    I have reported an issue that happened after the upgrade to version 5.150. The developers should analyse what was reported as a bug, verify and correct the issue, if its the case. 
    That's how the developing should work.
  • The autofocus has a bug. In  video camera mode can't fix the focus for distant objects. Stays in a loop trying to focus. I have the Nokia 8 TA-1004.
    I saw that the camera firmware has been changed in 5.150 upgrade.
  • I have  tested again today and I saw that when there are distant objects and much light, the focus doesn't lock in video or photo. My friend has an Asus, and in the same local at the same time the focus locked easily.
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Mechanical defect maybe. Not a problem here.
  • If it was a mechanical issue will always happen in the majority of the cases.
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    gavias2 said:
    If it was a mechanical issue will always happen in the majority of the cases.
    I agree with @mrbelter that based on your description it's probably a mechanical defect, a hardware fault. This can happen to your phone only or to more phones. You are the first and so far the only to report this.
    If you want to discuss this further before having the phone inspected by a qualified technician, then please start a new discussion where you describe the issue in all detail, and share a link to a sample video?
    The normal and expected focus behaviour is something like the video below. If any changes have been made to the video autofocus it seems better now than it was 9 months ago on my Nokia 8 TA-1012 hardware version 3.1
    https://youtu.be/CnYnD_xgGts
  • Hello user389. Thank you for the video 
    I will do what you suggested. Notwithstanding, it's a coincidence that this only started to happen after the update version 5.150. My phone is the TA-1004.
  • ... The software compilation number is:
    00WW_5_150_SP01
  • Its possible to go to the version  previous to the version 5.150?
  • user1536323754226 user1536323754226
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I'm having this problem with my TA-1004 too. I reckon it must be software, though, because when I film with FilmicPro with autofocus the focus 'loops', but when I fix the focus the problem disappears. This applies at all resolutions.