Start deleting/filtering (when) Android Q threads on time

Hi, As we saw with Android Pie, for some reason, a lot of forum members prefer to open a new discussion before using the search feature and looking for a similar discussion.

Start deleting/filtering (when) Android Q threads on time

stipe1906 stipe1906
✭✭✭  / 
Hi,
As we saw with Android Pie, for some reason, a lot of forum members prefer to open a new discussion before using the search feature and looking for a similar discussion. With the Android Q Beta available for Nokia 8.1, threads are popping up asking when/if others phones will receive Android Q (beta). 
Considering what a mess it was with similar Android Pie threads, the mods should start filtering the repeating threads that will keep showing up by either deleting them or grouping them somehow (not limited to software updates). For the last two years, HMD has shared info about the availability of an update when they were highly confident that they can deliver the update when promised. Of course, it didn't always work 100%.
With Android 9 Pie, only Nokia 7 plus took part in the Developer preview, if I remember correctly, so Nokia 8.1 is most likely the only device that will take part with Q.
Asking now, roughly half a year before Android Q will officially be ready for release, when a Nokia device will receive the update doesn't make sense. That said, HMD should clarify if the 8.1 is the only device to be in the beta program (if they can say that) so we're done with the individual askings.
@HMD_Laura
@matteo.m

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I fully agree, the forum mods need to act now to make sure the forums are usable for normal discussions and not drowned in "Where's the Q beta for my phone?" questions. As well as @HMD_Laura and @matteo.m maybe @megan, @maria.03, @edo or @tim.m can intervene and help with this.
    Cheers :smiley:
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Traffic™ is important for any forum. This forum is for both support and marketing so the forum owner has an interest in keeping the hype about new devices and new features going.

The internet would be very quiet if it was filtered to my preferences.

-- 
    Hans
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Good point, they want search engines to direct people who search for Android Q to the Nokia forums so they can see all the questions people ask which are met with silence from HMD. Interesting marketing tactic that one :confused:
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I don't mind people talking about what they want, on their own, as long it comes with a proper subject line and is somewhat relevant in the particular forum.
    In return they will have to ignore my nerdy contributions.
    The most practical official reply from support & marketing regarding updates is a polite boilerplate 'Wait and see' - which people will ignore and ask again.
    Marketing and advertising is a different reality, hype is a powerful tool.
    --
    Hans