Community Forum FAQ

Can I
get technical support for my Nokia device in this community?

Community Forum FAQ

HMDLaura HMDLaura
Staff member  /  edited November 2018

Can I get technical support for my Nokia device in this community?

There is no official tech support available in the community, but you can still search for your issue in case a fellow Nokia phone owner has shared some advice. For official tech support for Nokia phones, head to our Support page: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/support

What is new?

You can earn badges and points from your activity in the community.

You have more options to react to posts. You have private messaging tool.

How do I earn badges or accumulate points?

In general, badges and points are awarded for being an active member of our community.

Each badge is slightly unique and can be earned in a different for example, you can get a badge for uploading a profile picture or getting a certain amount of reactions to your posts. For each badge, you’ll earn a certain amount of points. Points can also be earned for smaller actions like starting discussions, commenting on discussions threads, answering questions, or getting positive reactions to your posts from other users.

What language should I speak in the community?

English is the language of choice for all discussions in the globally shared sections (Phones, General, Tech talk). However, some other languages are supported in the local section. You can find this under “Regions”.

What can other see about me?

Other user will see your Display name, Activity summary (discussions, comments, reactions, when joined, number of visits), earned badges, and points accumulated.

Where can I leave feedback?

We are constantly working to improve our community, so all feedback is appreciated. Please leave your comments here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/feedback

Where my data is stored?

Your community-related data is stored in a data center hosted by Vanilla. You can read more about this at the privacy portal: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/privacyportal

How I can delete my data?

You can clear your user data from your Nokia Account page: https://www.nokia.com/phones/sso/profile . Please note that this action will delete your data and account from all Nokia services.

Who will remove my data from old forum? How I make sure that my old discussion won’t be stored in old forum? I want to make changes in old forum.

Content from the previous forum version has been migrated to the new platform called Vanilla. You can access your account and forum discussions with your existing credentials. The old forum will be closed and your contents and user data will not be accessible through the old forum platform.

I don’t want my nickname to be used on new forum.

You can change your nickname at any time in Nokia Account settings > My Profile:  https://www.nokia.com/phones/sso/profile . All members of the community must have a display name.

I don’t want my posts from the old forum to be moved to the new forum.

You can talk to your community manager or administrator about removing your content. Simply drop them a private message. You also have the option to remove all of your user data in your Nokia Account:  https://www.nokia.com/phones/sso/profile. Note that this action will delete your data and account from all Nokia services.

Comments

• Hello Folks. I'm not sure if this is the correct way of posting on the Nokia forums?
    I  received a Nokia 8 a few days ago. I am having issues with a jumping screen. It was doing this before all the updates were installed.
    It will jump from one screen to another without touching the phone. I have done a few factory resets but it has'nt helped.
    On youtube there was one reset that required the phone to be powered off then holding the volume up button while installing the usb. When I tried this version ,I cant power off the phone to begin with.
    Does anyone have any ideas or is the phone faulty and needs to be returned?
    Thanks.
  • Wozza Wozza
    ✭✭  / 
    Anybody around here inform me as to when my UK spec Nokia 8 is going to receive the android pie update? This really is dragging out a bit and is getting embarrassing.
  • How to earn points? What is benefit of points?
  • Nokia 7 plus taking too long to charge upto three and a half hour. The retailers say it takes maximum one and a half hour. 
  • Thanks hmd global phone launching 8.1
  • Got the phone today 8.1 6gb but found many flaws in device its boots with vibration ..unable to set to normal mode.. unbable we images which i download from Tumblr or Pinterest .. any one has solution for it .. speaker has very low tone
  • whatever9 whatever9
    ✭✭  / 
    Have spent 20 minutes trying to find a way to start a new thread. Still haven't found any option. Congrats!
  • HMDLaura HMDLaura
    Staff member  / 
    @dangitUser6 you might want to have a look here 
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/forum-guidelines-  

I especially recommend the section: "Forum Guide" and "Ranking System and Points"

• whatever9 whatever9
    ✭✭  / 
    Frankly, this is a horrible system, and can't imagine any kind of benefit of it. In 2019 why is it necessary to search for and read "getting started" guides for a forum? Have not seen such a thing anywhere else. If there are special rules (like the 24-hours long ban, that was 52 hours long in my case -.-), just let the users know visibly. My registration email said "There's just one more step to get you up and running. Please verify your email address by clicking this link: " - which I did. Apparently there were much more behind that, that I was not informed about. Having a permanent banner, or a disabled "New thread" button with a message would have have helped.

This is a technical support forum. People don't come here to have fun. People come here, because they are having problems, and looking for solutions. Not for an RPG-style level up system. I assume the community forum is present to alleviate the workload from your paid support guys - however this promotes more contacting Nokia directly instead. Or simply leaving the idea of solving the problem, and going to another brand where technical support forums are not closed from users.

Anyway, just a feedback about the system, food for thought.
  • Thanks HMD for releasing good phones with good build quality. 
    Pricing is good for India people. Kindly arrange tech support in community, so we can share minor bugs and discuss with same.

I am using Nokia 6, first phone of Android it's still good with security patches released for Jan 2019.

This Nokia 6 mobile as speaker volume very low, can fix this issue with Pie update which will be releasing soon this device.

All Nokia 6 has same issue 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @dangitUser6 I've never used an online forum where new users aren't asked to read the "getting started" guide, rules etc as the first thing they do. All forums have them AFAIK, but I would be very interested to see one where they don't exist so please share a link.

You're right that a banner would be a good idea, and this is fairly common forum practice. I hope that this can be implemented with this Vanilla forum software (that's its name, not the fact that it's lacking in features!).

Cheers :)
  • Darren Cullimore Darren Cullimore
    ✭✭  / 
    how do I create a new thread?
  • Darren Cullimore Darren Cullimore
    ✭✭  / 
    many thanks @madbilly I thought my account was older than 24 hours. I`ll wait longer I guess.
  • jhw61032 jhw61032
    ✭✭  / 
    I must be particularly dense today but I cannot find out how to open a new discussion on the Nokia 9 particularly the pro setting on the camera.
  • Sachin Indoria Sachin Indoria
    ✭✭  / 
    hey i want to ask some questions regarding my nokia 6.1 plus but not able to to do so as i have no option to ask question or to start a discussion.
    Can you help me?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Sachin Indoria see my post above.
  • Hello Nokia! I recently bought Nokia 7.1 two months back! I have been having random freezing and operating system crash like twice a day. What is going on with my phone? I did not run any games till date! Just been using it for texting and call! Please resolve this issue! I thought you guys make good phones! Don't make me change that 😑
  • HandsomeJussi HandsomeJussi
    ✭✭  / 
    Took me forever to find this. So I have to wait 24h to start discussions. This is BAD!
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @HandsomeJussi so your question hasn't already been asked by someone else? Did you use the search function to check? If someone else already asked the question then did their solution work for you? If so post in the thread that it worked for you too. If not then post in the thread that you still need help.

The 24h delay is there to stop the huge amount of spam-type topics that we got in November and December where literally thousands of people posted every day the same thing "when will my phone get pie". The forum is a much easier place to look for topics now, trust me.
  • Nilroy Nilroy
    ✭✭  / 
    Why my new phone Nokia 2 is automatically restart , so many times..... 
  • Bhagyaf Bhagyaf
     /  edited May 4
    Cannot create shortcuts in Nokia 8110 4G for Navigation Key.
    Left, Right, Top, Bottom

How to create it ??
  • Arkar Arkar
     /  edited May 9
    How do I post a new IDEA of my own? There is NO button provided.
  • > @taraletti said:
    > question,, how do I create a topic?

am trying to do the same thing as you,For some reason I cannot create a new topic or start a discussion,making a comment on somebody's post is all I seem to be able to do
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 31
    Is there any way you can make the rule about 24 hours be put right in the face of new members when they register? It appears that people still aren't reading all the intro posts you wrote properly.
    Cheers :)
  • A M S A M S
    ✭✭  / 
    24 hr wait time has to be informed via email to all new users, once the account is created. Why nokia is not even doing a basic thing for a forum follower?