Help wanted.

Help wanted to fix nokia 5 video sound issue. After updated to android 9 sound in camera app is terrible.

Help wanted.

M79 M79
✭✭  / 
Help wanted to fix nokia 5 video sound issue. After updated to android 9 sound in camera app is terrible.
Device was in service in Hungary but they downgraded to Oreo and sound was fine. Urfotunately when I upgraded system to 9 (6.17D, may sp) problem came back. Hard reset didnt help. Open camera and other cam app didnt help.
Video samples:
Oreo 2018

Pie 2019

Service man told me to sent Nokia to Hungary again but I think back to Oreo doesnt make any sense. This is all what they can do?

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @m79, that seems like a software bug. Have you checked in the Nokia 5 forum to see if anyone else has the same fault?
    Cheers :)
  • M79 M79
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes.I've checked. There is only one person with the same bug ( Nokia6). But no solution. It's very frustrating. I'm afraid this first Nokia will be last.
  • sheppards1984 sheppards1984
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Have you tried the usual cache/data deletion for the camera app? Might as well try it before sending it back for weeks again
  • M79 M79
    ✭✭  / 
    Of course. I 've  tried almost everything but no result. Even third-party apps cant help. 
  • bluetoothsk bluetoothsk
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Wait this is a bug? The same thing happens on my Nokia 5 and I hate it
  • Norway Norway
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the exact same problem on my Nokia 5 after the Pie upgrade. I think the "background noise reduction" -level is at fault here. It is terrible and it should be a way to turn it off completely. Same problem during calls. Excellent demonstration in the two videos above, thanks for taking the effort!
  • M79 M79
    ✭✭  / 
    Today I'm sending my Nokia to service again. We we will see what happens.
  • I managed to restore the original (probably) sound quality by using the Open Camera app (in Video settings, I set Audio source to Unprocessed). Didn't do any further research. Hope this will help other people too. (I can't believe this issue is not yet fixed in the common Camera app, I realized there is an issue just after recording all my holiday video on phone...)
  • M79 M79
    ✭✭  / 
    Unfortunatelly Open Camera didn't help. Sound is better then stock app but still not the same. There is only one way to fix it up- return to Oreo.
  • Hasan Tariq Hasan Tariq
     / 
    Nokia 5 is a helpfull phone in every situation but just it has a 2/16 memory issue but for less data users it is fine i think it is priety awesome.😄