Share your thoughts on the Pie update for Nokia 3

The Pie update was announced just now so take your time to update and experience it for a while before you share your thoughts on it.

Share your thoughts on the Pie update for Nokia 3

wilson shrestha wilson shrestha ✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 3
The Pie update was announced just now so take your time to update and experience it for a while before you share your thoughts on it.

Comments

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I have already updated to Android Pie on Nokia 3 and I haven't found any bug yet.
  • I have already updated to Android Pie on Nokia 3 and I haven't found any bug yet.
    How is the performance? Is it still stuttering in Recent Apps page and when pulling down notification center?
  • I have already updated to Android Pie on Nokia 3 and I haven't found any bug yet.
    How is the performance? Is it still stuttering in Recent Apps page and when pulling down notification center?
    Nevermind, I managed to download the update and I'm happy to find the performance is better than before!
  • chuss chuss ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    @user1515420347122 ;how did you get the update?
  • user1519056588724 user1519056588724 ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Finally it's out was a long wait. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer no update in South Africa as yet. 
  • Rivin Rivin
     / 
    Finally it's out was a long wait. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer no update in South Africa as yet. 
    Hope it comes soon. 
  • chuss said:
    I had to remove SIM cards and use VPN with India as location to trigger the update. Then I download the whole update with the VPN connection and finish the whole update then only I insert my SIM card and disconnect the VPN.
  • user1517671482017 user1517671482017 ✭✭
    ✭✭  /  edited June 4
    I have still not received the Android Pie update phone in the UK as this update were released on yesterday so long do I have for Android Pie update to come along with security patch as I am still waiting for the update to come on my Nokia 3 mobile phone 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    chuss said:
    I had to remove SIM cards and use VPN with India as location to trigger the update. Then I download the whole update with the VPN connection and finish the whole update then only I insert my SIM card and disconnect the VPN.
    Yup, I also did the same. 😅
  • singhnsk singhnsk ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    chuss said:
    Yup, I also did the same. 😅
    India generally gets the update fast; but when it gets later than others, the community is full of sp*m. 😂
  • chuss chuss ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    chuss said:
    thanks, is it just a matter of removing the sim and using the vpn or do we have to remove some application?
  • TIRUMALA VEMULA TIRUMALA VEMULA ✭✭
    ✭✭  /  edited June 4
    Im facing battery issue terribly before the pie update it some how better now it goes so terrible....otherthan that the pie update was good...
  • Mushroom Mushroom ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Pie still isn't offered in my country, but when it will should I update or stay on Oreo?
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 5
    chuss said:
    chuss said:
    thanks, is it just a matter of removing the sim and using the vpn or do we have to remove some application?
    Everything is explained in the link given below to force the Pie update on your phone using vpn:

https://nokiapoweruser.com/you-can-force-pie-recent-updates-on-nokia-smartphones-using-vpn-trick/
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Mushroom said:
    Pie still isn't offered in my country, but when it will should I update or stay on Oreo?
    I think you should update. I haven't found any bugs or system slow down after updating.
  • abrahamp abrahamp ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Check my first impression on Twitter here, you might find it useful! > 
  • user1527080262492 user1527080262492 ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Where is @Appu Mali???
  • Tejas Bhagwat Tejas Bhagwat ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Where is @Appu Mali???
    As per his tweet reply on tweet from @sarvikas on Nokia 3 Pie update, he had sold Nokia 3 and had bought Nokia 6.1. So, now he may not come on this forum.
  • Ravi Deol Ravi Deol ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Verification failed problem after completing download in Nokia 3 pie
  • user1514381915626 user1514381915626
     / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow">user1514381915626</a> said:</div>
    <div>THE BATTERY STATUS HAS BECOME TERRIBLE. THE BATTERY DRAINS LIKE ANYTHING.ONE MINUTE = 2% DRAIN. MEANWHILE ON ANDROID 8.1 MY MOBILE DID A MIRACLE, THE BATTERY STATUS WAS AS GOOD AS A FLAGSHIP MOBILE.I REALLY WANT HELP. THIS ISSUE IS NOT WITH ALL NOKIA 3s.I REALLY NEED HELP. :'-(</div>
    </blockquote>
  • guruaravind guruaravind ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Files and downloads are gone....Little bugs.overall performance and features are awesome
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Where is @Appu Mali???
    Currently I using Nokia 6.1
  • boblu boblu ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Files and downloads are gone....Little bugs.overall performance and features are awesome
    Hey ,,
    Yes download option gone but dile option is here.

And one more thing cast option is gone.

But i think 8.1 not better then pie.

Hey MY PROBLEM:::: NOKIA 3 USERS PLEASE ASK FOR WIFI DISPLAY OPTION TO NOKIA CHAT SUPPORT AND REPORT. THERE IS NO WAY TO CLONE ANY APP 🙄🙄3rd party app not working . I tried many😙.

I think HMD fusssss if they will not provide beat software too user.
    Thanks
  • guruaravind guruaravind ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Some bugs also in Battery screen out time
    ✭✭  / 
    Appu Mali said:
    Where is @Appu Mali???
    Ahh there you are, you are most enthusiastic person I ever seen for the android pie program for Nokia 3 🤗🤗
    ✭✭  / 
    Appu Mali said:
    Where is @Appu Mali???
    How is experience with 6.1??
    ✭✭  / 
    user1514381915626 said:
    THE BATTERY STATUS HAS BECOME TERRIBLE. THE BATTERY DRAINS LIKE ANYTHING.ONE MINUTE = 2% DRAIN. MEANWHILE ON ANDROID 8.1 MY MOBILE DID A MIRACLE, THE BATTERY STATUS WAS AS GOOD AS A FLAGSHIP MOBILE.I REALLY WANT HELP. THIS ISSUE IS NOT WITH ALL NOKIA 3s.I REALLY NEED HELP. :'

What about screen on time
  • boblu boblu ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes agree with battery drain fast as well as charging time increased🤔🤔🤔

HMD what are you doing.....??
    Pls. Add screen mirroring option...like other nokia phone.
    No use of wifi direct for me.

• Piipperi Piipperi ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    My thought is that why do they roll out the updates first on these countries like India and others, but the country where the Nokia is based in, still doesn't have Android 9 on Nokia after 3 days.