Nokia 9 pureview v4.22d

How many of you have received this update ,  not for me until now ?? 

Nokia 9 pureview v4.22d

Dr.Ram Dr.Ram
✭✭  / 
How many of you have received this update ,  not for me until now ?? 

Comments

• Eggman Eggman
    ✭✭  / 
    Still on 4.22c and very disappointed that there has been no indication of when an update might happen to fix the bugs in both the camera and the Fingerprint reader as well as May/June security updates. I have had the last three flagship Nokia phones (8, 8 Sirocco and 9 Pureview) and it has been the same for all of them. 
  • Tomasz ExFiddling Tomasz ExFiddling
    ✭✭  / 
    The number of comments can be considered the best answer. Nokia's "Flagships"  have one thing in common. No updates :-)
  • K Reed K Reed
    ✭✭  / 
    No update here either. It may be time to sell this thing.....
  • Qruse83 Qruse83
    ✭✭  / 
    Still on v4.22c and a lot bugs that needs to be sorted.

I thought that the Android One program was (at least) with monthly security updates. If this is not even the case then why bother have an android one phone?
    Google should demand from the manufacturer that if you want to be a part of the program (Android One) then monthly security updates should be released within an acceptable timeframe of a given month and larger builds should be released separately.

I have a feeling (maybe is wrong) that the dev. department cannot keep up with number of phones being released and if that is the case, well then i can't blame them. 

I will wait it out a bit longer but I will admit that another phone has cought my attention..   
  • Eggman Eggman
    ✭✭  /  edited June 7
    Qruse83 said:
    Still on v4.22c and a lot bugs that needs to be sorted.

I have a feeling (maybe is wrong) that the dev. department cannot keep up with number of phones being released and if that is the case, well then i can't blame them. 

Agreed. Due to the complex camera setup and underscreen FP reader I'm sure there is a bit more to develop and update than the cheaper phones but due to the price-tag on this and previous flagships, they should be prioritised and the customers who have paid more for these devices should expect a level of service in terms of updates that is reflective of that price.

I also have the Pixel 3a XL which is cheaper and to be honest takes just as good a picture (Raw also) and far better night time/low light shots.

I have been a loyal customer since they launched the Nokia 8 but their priority seems to be launching new handsets in the entry/mid level market and in terms of updates they neglect the slightly more complex (and expensive) higher end ones. I would also question why they released it with such serious bugs in the first place....
  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Rapidly loosing faith in HMD. No May update or camera update. Was expecting an announcement on 6 June about a night shot mode. The Nokia 9 Pureview has become a laughing stock for low light photography. Wasn't the 5 lenses suppose to collect more light. This has worse lowlight performance for many years on a flagship let alone a Pureview.
  • Gattsuh Gattsuh
    ✭✭  / 
    Excellent lowlight
  • neilk neilk
    ✭✭  / 
    I specifically went with HMD because of AndroidOne and the expectation of timely updates.  My bigger disappointment however has been the fingerprint sensor.  Even the April update only made it perform marginally better.  Most of the time I end up just using a PIN because it takes so many tries before a successful read.  I don't know why it seems to have so much trouble with my fingerprints.  I actually wish I had gone with the 7.1 which had the rear fingerprint sensor or just another brand of phone.  I'm trying to be patient to see if HMD will actually provide an update that makes the fingerprint reader somewhat usable for me.
  • Grodelj Grodelj
    ✭✭  / 
    Well, it seems that it is no so easy to make a good phone after all. Despite all the experience, HMD is struggling to deliver in higher segment. My opinion => bad fingerprint sensor, low light underperformance, those are all HW issues. No software will be able to correct that.
  • youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Still on 4_22C here as well. Previously had the Nokia 8 and that camera did an alright job. (I may have ended up downloading the Google Camera APK) Like others in this group I too went with HMD for the monthly security updates. April's update was late and now we're in June with nothing from last month, nor any public updates as to why these delays are happening. 
    June 6th, I thought there would be at least some mention about why updates were taking their time. 

Nope, just the 2.2 

BUY BUY BUY!
  • Eggman Eggman
    ✭✭  / 
    Grodelj said:
    Well, it seems that it is no so easy to make a good phone after all. Despite all the experience, HMD is struggling to deliver in higher segment. My opinion => bad fingerprint sensor, low light underperformance, those are all HW issues. No software will be able to correct that.
    I don't know about the FP sensor - that might be the case of poor hardware and that's that.
    On the Nokia 9 PV camera, the camera on the Pixel 3/3a xl is a single lens camera and the rest is processed in software so luckily it should be fixable via software. Will HMD do that? Unfortunately going by their track record on software updates I think it's unlikely but I live in hope!
  • K Reed K Reed
    ✭✭  / 
    What month security patch does this update bring?
  • Eggman Eggman
    ✭✭  / 
    Same as 4.22c - April:

00WW_4_22CMR Update and SP (Pie 9)Apr-19Thursday, April 18, 2019Android Security Bulletin - Apr 2019
    00WW_4_22DMR Update and SP (Pie 9)Apr-19Tuesday, April 30, 2019Android Security Bulletin - Apr 2019
  • Dirk Vinkx Dirk Vinkx
    ✭✭  /  edited June 12
    I wonder how other android one devices are doing , but again we are lagging 2 security updates.   I really cannot wrap my head around as to why they make such an unique and attention grabbing device like the nokia 9 pv, and then just to let it go to pieces. The only thing i find on the net about the nokia 9 is the glaring absence of the fix-up it so badly needs. (finger print , sluggish and basic camera app , absence of low light mode, ....).
  • Dr.Ram Dr.Ram
    ✭✭  / 
     Nokia HMD tell us when will you be releasing a update ,just can't hold on to this device with a useless fingerprint sensor and a decade old camera app . The wait is really painful , Hope you have not forgot about Nokia 9 PV . 
  • ClausG76 ClausG76
    ✭✭  / 
    Do they even read these boards? 
  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    HMD are sinking in my estimation. All they do is keep releasing new phones and then forget them.
  • Stukloplast Stukloplast
    ✭✭  / 
    keith said:
    HMD are sinking in my estimation. All they do is keep releasing new phones and then forget them.
    Xiaomi (and everyone else) style - release crap, forget about it. Next time try harder - another crap, forget it... And so on... Consumerism feeds their families. Why make something worth it, which no-one gonna change for decade?
  • Gattsuh Gattsuh
    ✭✭  / 
    Well they released an unfinished product and now they try to fix it. But they don't have the resources to do it in acceptable time. I'll keep the phone but in my drawer together with my old Lumia classics. Going back to Samsung but I'll buy a cheaper Hmd device like the 2.2 or 4.2 just because it's a Nokia. Want them to succeed so I'll support.
  • The updates (2 to date) leave every 45 days

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates

on February 19; 00WW_4_19A

on April 19; 00WW_4_22C

It is possible that the next one to leave is June 19

It may be due to the different hardware versions of the Nokia 9 PV

The versions 00WW_4_22D and 00WW_4_22C are both of April 19, 2019

A simple SIM model (TA-1082), which will probably be limited to the USA.

A variant of Android One (TA-1087) with dual SIM support.

Another version of double SIM (TA-1094) without Android One, exclusively for China.
  • ClausG76 ClausG76
    ✭✭  / 
    keith said:
    Xiaomi (and everyone else) style - release crap, forget about it. Next time try harder - another crap, forget it... And so on... Consumerism feeds their families. Why make something worth it, which no-one gonna change for decade?
    I don't think that Xiaomi is crap. I bought an Mi 9 for my son, and it is in many ways superior to my Nokia 9. Especially the in display fingerprint reader that works a lot faster than the Nokia 9. It's also on April security patch, but the Mi 9 isn't part of the Android one program. The camera isn't bad either.
  • Mikael_Olsson Mikael_Olsson
    ✭✭  /  edited June 19
    Faith or no faith, my Nokia 7 Plus, which I have kept, was upgraded to May 2019 version early June (I live in Sweden).
    But my N9 PV is still on April version. 
    So why is that? Well N7+ has probably sold much better than N9PV, so more customers are waiting. Could that be one reason?
    Also N7+ isn't as complicated as N9PV. And also HDM don't need to upgrade the firmware much on 7+, now some 18 months after the release. My guess - and wish - is that HDM is actually making an effort in making the 9PV better and that it takes some time. Remember that they didn't release a March version, so I wouldn't expect an May version at all, but probably a June version, released early July. 
  • ClausG76 ClausG76
    ✭✭  / 
    The security patches should not be that hard on a Android one phone, with a Snapdragon 845 like the Pixel 3.
  • Alex Grecu Alex Grecu
     / 
    my phone is at 00WW_4_22C_SP01 firmware with June Security Patch. it was downloaded as soon as i setup my phone on the 29th of June. and still the FPsensor is malfunctioning ( i have to try 2-3 times to succeed)