8.1 bootloader unlock method - "NB1-Collision"

Hi all,I don't know if this has been posted here before, but I'm sharing it for info.

8.1 bootloader unlock method - "NB1-Collision"

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
I don't know if this has been posted here before, but I'm sharing it for info. Many of you may be aware of @hikari calyx, tech wizard extraordinaire for Nokia phones over the years. They have developed many methods for unlocking the bootloaders of many of HMD's phones and has decided to make available an alternative (and not straightforward, potentially risky) method for unlocking the bootloader of the 8.1. You can find it here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-8-1/how-to/nb1-collision-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t3935688
If you try it, then make sure you know what you're doing and contribute to the discussion on XDA.
Good luck!
Cheers :)
Tagged:

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    GTR12 said:
    Version 1, no thanks. 
    I don't understand what you mean by that comment unfortunately.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @madbilly honestly speaking, going by this community and it's user base, there's no point recommending a guide on this community which involves such a significant risk and demands a disasssembly of the device so as to trigger the EDL mode.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @GTR12, thanks, I get your point now. You mean this method for unlocking the 8.1 is a first version? I'm not sure that's 100% correct, but it's a reasonably point. I'm sure that @hikari calyx has tested this properly with at least one 8.1 and maybe an X7 as well. There is also another method which you can pay for, which they have not published. AFAIK this other method works well and is simpler than this "NB1-Collision" method.
    Cheers :)