Nokia 6.1 earpiece volume too low

I've been having this issue shortly after I got my phone in August.

Nokia 6.1 earpiece volume too low

user1540490952864 user1540490952864
✭✭  /  edited November 2018
I've been having this issue shortly after I got my phone in August.
Suddenly the volume in the earpiece has dropped to a very low setting.  The slider shows its max and pressing the volume up button doesn't increase it.  The only way I can hear a person during a phonecall is thru my Bluetooth earpiece.
I've tried clearing the cache and data for the phone and restarting the phone, I've upgraded to Android Pie and still have this issue.
I'm still waiting for Nokia tech support to reopen my previous case but that hasn't happened for over a week already.
I love this phone and would hate to get something else because of this issue.
I have the TA-1068 model and bought it new from Amazon.ca.

Comments

• somadhar somadhar
    ✭✭  / 
    Yea bro, and volume via headphones is also low.
  • Haven't used headphone jack yet.

But just tried making a call and volume slider is all the way to max but I could barely hear the person I was calling.
    If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm going to look at a different brand phone.  Maybe Samsung again.
  • Having the same issue....
    Retourned the first phone and have the same problem again, after 1 week of usage or so...
  • I experienced low call volume too through headphones only. I confirm improvement from another post from user 'zzzz8888' to disable VoLTE (Voice over LTE).

Here is what I did:
    settings / network & internet / Mobile network / Advanced / Enhanced 4G LTE Mode -- turn off this option
    make a call

My phone:
    Bought Nokia 6.1 (USA), installed all updates. now at Android 9 w/ Nov 1, 2018 security patch level. on T-Mobile network. bought on black friday. was seriously considering returning for a different product. This may stop me from returning the product. will need to try it out for a day with real calls.

I also tried
    settings / Apps & notifications / Phone / Storage / Clear cache
    then reboot
    and did not hear a call volume level change.

• nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    But i did not felt low volume as i use boat basshead 225 earphone.
  • Hello nokia team i am also facing problem regarding low volume while using earphone.i. Getting this problem in nokia 6.1 plus while watching vedio with earphone. Please resolve it as soon as possible in your next update.
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/somadhar">somadhar</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Yea bro, and volume via headphones is also low.</div>
    </blockquote>
    Yes i am also facing same thing
  • AVINASH PANDEY AVINASH PANDEY
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 6.1 plus headphone sound is very low I'm not happy with it, I'm an old Nokia lover and Nokia smartphones headphone sound output used to be loud and clear but now it's very low 😓😓
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Please read discussion started by me on this issue. Vote in poll related to this issue.
  • Sí también mi celular se escucha muy bajo, ahora se le sumó que las llamadas me aparecen como llamada perfida
  • Sunil Jena Sunil Jena
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here with/without earphone